Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin's 2017 Haven Fund "Secret Santa"!!! You want to be in on this!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Merlin's 2017 Haven Fund "Secret Santa"!!! You want to be in on this!!!

Okay, even though I try to remain anonymous I'm just a big kid when it come to Christmas time. I won't be participating in this years "Secret Santa" since I have gotten a fair amount of flack in the past for my endeavors.

Nevertheless, I dare say I have been somewhat known for my generosity and good cheer this time of year and I pride my self on detecting that most sought after item by my designated recipient. I generally give "signed" volumes you would be looking to add to your collection, within reason.

So, this year I propose to conduct my own personal "Haven Fund Secret Santa Giveaway" to be conducted under much the same rules as the HF Grand Prize Giveaway. Just like the Grand Prize Giveaway entries into the drawing will be given for every $10 donation to the HF, sent by check to, Jerome (PP Merlin1958 ) up to ten entries. A drawing will be had immediately following Christmas Day (chosen by Ms. El Jefe) out of a hat and that person will receive at least one signed volume that they could use for their collection at my determination. It could be more depending on your needs, cost and availability.

Hopefully, El Jefe will sanction this effort and assist in the tabulation and administration. I'm in, are you?

Now, I may be called a lot of things (most of them probably deserved), but one thing I have never been called is cheap. When my "Secret Santa" is chosen I will go about detecting what item will have the most "WOW" factor, procure it and deliver it to that person. Don't bother telling/asking me what you want I want to play too. I'll scour your collection threads, maybe contact your wife or significant other, I'm pretty good I think and past year's should be sufficient evidence.

I LOVE Xmas and I LOVE the HF so I see it as a win/win and a Ho, Ho, Ho for everyone that participates!!!!! Basically, a $10 donation could get you a signed book by Stephen King!!!!

Spoiler:
    RF, if you prefer, donations can be sent to my PP address and ultimately forwarded to you as a single donation. Your call, but I think this may be a great way to augment our efforts for the coming year and the HF

I leave this open to, RF's approval and acceptance. What are your thoughts?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    Send all funds to Bill. He can account for them, then forward the net receipts to me for the Fundraiser.
    Thanks.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a very thoughtful idea Bill.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

May not ultimately work out, but I try!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome idea, Bill! Count me in!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do nothing yet. We need, El Jefe's blessing first!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Having been a past receipient of Bill's " out of the blue" generosity, first let me say that he dosen't understate his ability or desire to provide the best, most enjoyable item possible.

Let me also say that because I am a past receipient, I will be excluding myself from this very thoughtful gesture. Hurts to do, but it is only right!

This should be fun to watch. I hope you get the chance to do this Bill!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Generous as always Bill - look forward to participating
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of surprised that, El Jefe hasn't weighed in on this, one way or the other. I sure hope I didn't piss him off!! lol

Seems to me to be a rather cheap way to get a signed book under the Ol' tree this year!!!! Plus, I will do my best to make sure it is one you NEED!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You have my blessing.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You have my blessing.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You have my blessing.
    In the immortal words of The Man in Black, "Alright, alright, alright"!!!! Let's get to the donating then!!! I specified checks, but if RF is willing to allow either my PP address or provide one it might be easier to accept donations rather than the specified checks.

$10 gets you an entry into the drawing for a signed book you want/need!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Having been a past receipient of Bill's " out of the blue" generosity, first let me say that he dosen't understate his ability or desire to provide the best, most enjoyable item possible.

Let me also say that because I am a past receipient, I will be excluding myself from this very thoughtful gesture. Hurts to do, but it is only right!

This should be fun to watch. I hope you get the chance to do this Bill!
    No reason to recuse yourself. Make a donation!!!! lol Actually, all the more reason to throw in a donation, if you are so inclined and able!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    You have my blessing.
    This made me LOL at work.

Thank you for that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    You have my blessing.
    This made me LOL at work.

Thank you for that.

Then chip in, my friend. I have credit at "Betts"!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

However...while I will gladly send a check (send a check...oh Bill, you are showing your age!), it might be easier to use PP F&F. Of course, if I'm sending a check, I can bake a little something to send along. Btw, when do I have till?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'm in!

However...while I will gladly send a check (send a check...oh Bill, you are showing your age!), it might be easier to use PP F&F. Of course, if I'm sending a check, I can bake a little something to send along. Btw, when do I have till?
    Yes, I am showing my age. PP charges after so many transactions so I was trying to save, RF that aggravation. It would definitely be better if we could establish a PP address to receive the funds. There is only the time limit of "Christmas" in my mind.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, we are not talking a 1-200$ book here. I am prepared to go, 4-500$ or more here depending on participation!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill-

Most generous. I'm in. Let me know what I need to do to help you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Send all funds to Bill. He can account for them, then forward the net receipts to me for the Fundraiser.
    Thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pay pal address is wbender2@cox.net
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First contribution has arrived!!!

10 entries for T-Dogz!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify, the entries into this event, are not entries in the Haven Foundation Grand prize drawing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify, the entries into this event, are not entries in the Haven Foundation Grand prize drawing.
    Absolutely!!!

Remember, donations will be accepted until 11/30/16, Midnight PST and the drawing will be held before 12/1/16 to give time to conduct the drawing and select the winner BEFORE the annual Haven Fundraiser begins on 1/19/17. These entries will have absolutely nothing to do with the Grand Prize Giveaway for the 2017 Haven Fundraiser!!!

You are donating to (the Haven Fund) to get a shot at being my "Secret Santa" and receiving a Signed Stephen King book of significant value that YOU need for your collection. Could be a flat signed copy or a S/L!!

I cover that about right, Jerome?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Ok, I understand that while contributing to Bill's Secret Santa is actually a contribution to the Haven Fund, but is unrelated to this site's annual fundraiser and drawing.
    Am I to understand that Bill's Secret Santa is also completely different than the secret santa games that involve the purchase and posting of a book to another participant?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Ok, I understand that while contributing to Bill's Secret Santa is actually a contribution to the Haven Fund, but is unrelated to this site's annual fundraiser and drawing.
    Am I to understand that Bill's Secret Santa is also completely different than the secret santa games that involve the purchase and posting of a book to another participant?
    Yes, a totally different thing. I am not participating in the site's annual "Secret Santa" exchange. This is my own holiday contribution to both the members and the HF.

Spoiler:
    Of course, you are still welcome to send Xmas Cookies!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast