Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cycle of the werewolf Porfolio

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised 3/5 $2,000 packages were bought already.
    Why? It has an original.... and a large one. If it is detailed even a bit that price is a steal. I would buy one if I had the money. I can tell ya that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will NOT be going for any of these.

Confused here buddy - what changed?
    Earlier when I posted it.. no price on the top issue. I read Rf's post about $8k or so... and I was like no. But $2k!!!!???? Sorry that is a deal. And I retract my statement. For some reason they held back that price... but it's a good one. I found out the price from your post actually brother!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I'm honestly surprised 3/5 $2,000 packages were bought already.
    Why? It has an original.... and a large one. If it is detailed even a bit that price is a steal. I would buy one if I had the money. I can tell ya that!

I agree, and am one of three backers so far (I think I was second). For $2k you get: a 14x17 original sketch from 1983 (!!!), twelve print set all signed by Bernie on higher quality paper (310gsm Textured Exhibition Watercolor paper vs 305gsm cold-press natural watercolor paper), a really nice wooden case, sketch book with never before printed behind the scenes concept and process sketches, t-shirt, and two calendar (2017 and 1984 lunar one).
    Can you see the artwork? I really wish you could.... $2k could be a friggin steal depending....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think two of them are the pictures that they show in the campaign

Country
    Country Flag

I think two of them are the pictures that they show in the campaign
    Hmmmm.... those sketches are nice but I would say if those are 2 of the 5 I would pass again. Mostly cause I would prefer a larger wolf or picture. Probably worth asking price though to be honest. Those are ones I have pics of that he was selling at a Comic Com over a year ago for a couple hundred bucks.... never got them

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also should note... I contacted the chap starting this campaign about 3/4 months ago. I sent him pics of some Bernie's that I was aware of floating around Comic Con's with Bernie and Liz. I could not get in touch with them and he said he would on my behalf. He is very close to the Wrightsons. He got back to me and told me that he was in contact and they would look for the pieces I was after. The price's were out of this world cheap and I was shocked and started my hunt. Ironically Doctorzuis (member here) scored some of them when he met up with them at a show. I waited to hear back for a bit and then reached out... he told me that they had not found anything... then imagine my surprise when this pops across my desk a couple days ago. GRRRRRRR!! Oh well
    Man, those pieces of Bernie's I scored this summer are looking pretty good now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I also should note... I contacted the chap starting this campaign about 3/4 months ago. I sent him pics of some Bernie's that I was aware of floating around Comic Con's with Bernie and Liz. I could not get in touch with them and he said he would on my behalf. He is very close to the Wrightsons. He got back to me and told me that he was in contact and they would look for the pieces I was after. The price's were out of this world cheap and I was shocked and started my hunt. Ironically Doctorzuis (member here) scored some of them when he met up with them at a show. I waited to hear back for a bit and then reached out... he told me that they had not found anything... then imagine my surprise when this pops across my desk a couple days ago. GRRRRRRR!! Oh well
    Man, those pieces of Bernie's I scored this summer are looking pretty good now.
    100000%

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Should this be merged into the Bernie Wrightson thread?

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    whats the limitation on the print portfolio. It says it is hand numbered, but no mention of the limitation, or is that tbd based on the number of pledges?
    Never mind, I see it now (500) in the the button to pledge for that item. Never done Kickstarter before so wasn't familiar with their format.
    Although I am confused, wouldn't the orders for the $185, $800, $2000 levels count against the limit for the $175, or will there be 655 copies of the portfolio (500+100+50+5). Looking at the number remaining it doesn't look like the other levels count against the $175 level (again, not familiar with how kickstarter works).
    I think it should state 500+100 (standard portfolio) and 50+5 (wood box portfolio)
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I splurged and ordered a calendar

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Should this be merged into the Bernie Wrightson thread?
    Not at this time.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the $185 level sold out, so they added a $200 level, that is essentially the same as the $185 level for those that missed out. So I wonder if that increases the potential limitation from 600 to 700.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the $185 level sold out, so they added a $200 level, that is essentially the same as the $185 level for those that missed out. So I wonder if that increases the potential limitation from 600 to 700.
    I think they added that so there's a reward their that includes the calendar, t-shirt, etc. in addition to the prints. The update they sent out very much sounded like the limitation isn't changing.

"We had quite a few messages from people who missed out on the Early Bird Lycanthrope sets, but still wanted to get the box set + shirt + calendar, so we added a NEW REWARD TIER for them! Kickstarter doesn't allow a person to pledge several times for a project, so if you wanted more than one reward, this is the only way to get all of them! It's not as much a deal as the Early Bird set, but still better than getting them all individually. Pledge at the $200 level if you want to pick it up!"
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I think they added that so there's a reward their that includes the calendar, t-shirt, etc. in addition to the prints. The update they sent out very much sounded like the limitation isn't changing.

"We had quite a few messages from people who missed out on the Early Bird Lycanthrope sets, but still wanted to get the box set + shirt + calendar, so we added a NEW REWARD TIER for them! Kickstarter doesn't allow a person to pledge several times for a project, so if you wanted more than one reward, this is the only way to get all of them! It's not as much a deal as the Early Bird set, but still better than getting them all individually. Pledge at the $200 level if you want to pick it up!"

So will they close the $175, $200 reward levels when the sum of $175,$185,$200 reward levels sold reaches 500? or 600? Otherwise they would need to reduce the number of $175 reward levels to ensure they don't oversell
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone answer me why a Kickstarter was needed for this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there are still The Stand portfolios left from the last time they did this. As book collectors we will buy the same book 3 different ways because each is a little different than the last and each is a piece of art in itself. But will an art collector buy the same piece of art because it was handed to you in a better box and on a little better paper? Not to mention spend the same or more amount on the artwork as you could on the hardcover edition of the entire book. I think these guys knew that there was no need for this portfolio other than to sturate the market so they would rather have the money up front to do instead of losing their ass on making 600 portfolios and only selling 100.

Just speculation

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I think there are still The Stand portfolios left from the last time they did this. As book collectors we will buy the same book 3 different ways because each is a little different than the last and each is a piece of art in itself. But will an art collector buy the same piece of art because it was handed to you in a better box and on a little better paper? Not to mention spend the same or more amount on the artwork as you could on the hardcover edition of the entire book. I think these guys knew that there was no need for this portfolio other than to sturate the market so they would rather have the money up front to do instead of losing their ass on making 600 portfolios and only selling 100.

Just speculation
    I thought the Stand was sold out long ago.. mind you at half price ($150). But yeah good idea.... I was wondering if the company perhaps doesn't have the capital to do it and this was a way to find it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cycle of the werewolf Porfolio

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Just speculation
    I thought the Stand was sold out long ago.. mind you at half price ($150). But yeah good idea.... I was wondering if the company perhaps doesn't have the capital to do it and this was a way to find it...
    Sure, but the thing is, how would it have been any different if they had launched this on their own website and taken pre-orders like other small press publishers do. They'd fund it that way.

I'm not sure I get the motivation for going the Kickstarter route. What is the benefit over simply taking pre-orders. To me both strategies produce the same result, unless I'm missing some key component or benefit to crowdfunding. I'm curious to hear if anyone has some insight on this.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Easy: with Kickstarter you can collect more money than with just pre-orders.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Why?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Why?
    Without knowing, I'm guessing they pocket the excess with all of the money up front (otherwise known as profit).
    If they can collect $20K+ through Paypal with LESS than 200 "funder's", they won't get a 1099K from Paypal.
    Doesn't mean they won't report the income (I think they will, it's silly not to).
    It's a good way to advertise.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Why?
    First the easy fact: there are people that donate more money than the one needed for a particular reward. It happens everytime. And sometimes there's even a reward category that requires extra money and you actually don't get more stuff. Sometime ago I put money for Ron Gilbert's Thimbleweed Park (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ck-adv?lang=es). If you look at the rewards, the U$S 20 and the U$S 25 are exactly the same reward. Well...3048 people applied for the more expensive one. That's 15K extra.

Then you've got rewards that don't cause a cost to the launcher: thank you in the credits, executive producer's title, a digital wallpaper. Most are pocket money (executive producer is not, of course).

And don't forget you can optimize production. When you do a preorder you usually have a quantity of books for sale. Here the limitation can only apply to one or two certain articles of all the rewards. You can narrow your possible losses.

Just in case someone didn't see this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ad/description
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cycle of the werewolf Porfolio

Thanks for the feedback Jerome and Ari. Looks like I'm in the wrong business. I should be making potato salad.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback Jerome and Ari. Looks like I'm in the wrong business. I should be making potato salad.
    I'm working on an Air Guitar project and will be using KickStarter.

"Turn It Up to 11"

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I'm working on an Air Guitar project and will be using KickStarter.

"Turn It Up to 11"

Mulleins
    I'm intrigued... what kind of air, acoustic or electric?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why?
    First the easy fact: there are people that donate more money than the one needed for a particular reward. It happens everytime. And sometimes there's even a reward category that requires extra money and you actually don't get more stuff. Sometime ago I put money for Ron Gilbert's Thimbleweed Park (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ck-adv?lang=es). If you look at the rewards, the U$S 20 and the U$S 25 are exactly the same reward. Well...3048 people applied for the more expensive one. That's 15K extra.

Then you've got rewards that don't cause a cost to the launcher: thank you in the credits, executive producer's title, a digital wallpaper. Most are pocket money (executive producer is not, of course).

And don't forget you can optimize production. When you do a preorder you usually have a quantity of books for sale. Here the limitation can only apply to one or two certain articles of all the rewards. You can narrow your possible losses.
    Intriguing, thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast