Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant W&G giveaway!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Grant W&G giveaway!!!

Ok, I've thought long and hard on this. I have a Grant hardcover of Wizard and Glass. It is not in the best collectable condition. It needs a new dustjacket (I believe you can still get one from Grant really cheap) due to minor shelfwear and rubbing against other books when it's been pulled out. I bought it when it first came out and had no idea of it's value. It's been my reading copy...and as it's my only copy it's been read many times. Aside from the rubbing/shelfwear on the dustjacket there is some dirt (quite possibly can be cleaned) on the outer page edges and I am a smoker. And I HAVE smoked while reading it. With that said, I have a dilemma...I need a new copy and know myself well enough to know I won't buy another as long as I have one, SO someone here must help me by taking this book from me. Thank You!

Ok, now the rules:

1.You MUST need it (not already have the Grant HC edition).

2. You MUST want it.

3. You MUST love it.

4. You MUST NOT sell it.

5. You MUST have no less than 50 posts (off topic posts do not count).

6. You MUST do a giveaway soon after (doesn't matter big or small).

7. You MUST enter via PM.

Please DO enter the drawing irregardless of where in the world you are. Shipping is free. You have until the last day of February to enter. It will not ship till sometime in March. I think that's everything.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cooool

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Cooool

I assume this means you are interested???

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

excellent idea Brice! I have the HC, so I'm not in the drawing, but I know how hard it is to find one. I was lucky enough to get it through a bookstore special order when it came out. Someone will be very lucky to have this!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    excellent idea Brice! I have the HC, so I'm not in the drawing, but I know how hard it is to find one. I was lucky enough to get it through a bookstore special order when it came out. Someone will be very lucky to have this!
    I just wandered into my local Waldenbooks and found it on the shelf. I was thrilled as I didn't even know he was working on it actively (I had never been on the internet back in those days for more than a couple minutes and even then only once or twice in the early nineties). It was just one great big motherfuckin' surprise.

If you rescue me

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!!
    I already own the book so I'm out, but this is a great giveaway!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Ariel!

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Great Giveaway!!!

I'd REALLY loved to have it!

Sending a PM now......

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Giveaway Brice, to bad I just went out and got this.

It should make someone very happy though

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

Too bad you went and got this=you spent alot?

Yes, I hope it will find a good home...someone who will love it properly.

If you rescue me

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

It was a pretty penny, thats for sure.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

It was a pretty penny, thats for sure.
    More than the $25 I paid originally?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

NO big deal.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

At least you have one.

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Brice!

I'm totally putting in for this. All I have is the Viking edition.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Much luck to you Aaron!

After this is gone I won't even have a paperback copy until I get a new HC. Yes, I'm reading it now also...kinda' saying goodbye to it properly.

If you rescue me

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

thanks quid, this is an awesome giveaway!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, it's my pleasure man and thank you!

If you rescue me

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the "you must make another giveaway part". It's very foxy and good. Great idea.

But next time please giveaway yourself, Brice. That would be the best.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I love the "you must make another giveaway part". It's very foxy and good. Great idea.

But next time please giveaway yourself, Brice. That would be the best.
    But, I'm not sure there'd be entrants dear.

I think I will add one more requirement: The winner must post a picture of themself with their new book. I like this rule.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm listing the entrants here so I don't lose track of anyone. I tend to be forgetful. Please make sure you are on the list if you are interested in this.

So far:

maerlyn
    JohnBlaze
    Letti
    Aaron
    Darkthoughts
    Asterisco
    Erin
    sarajean

If you rescue me

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I don't need a copy Brice, but I wanted to just say what a cool giveaway this is. Good luck everyone!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast