Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hearts in suspension, by Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I have extra programs for event. Feel free to pm me your address.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Inbox full
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Met two of my favorite members cwalker and the Mrs. Mrs cwalker was awesome! Met Beverly marsh too! Had a great event! David did a great job summarizing. Books were in a bag, behind a wall. Not very transparent. Still a top ten trip for me!
    This is The Mrs. here. Want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people. Roseannebarr, thank you for the compliment.
    Julie
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Inbox full
    opened up inbox. I was hoping to meet you on Monday! all the books were bagged up. I think they call it the "Becca" rule. to easy to spot the flaps.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Inbox full
    opened up inbox. I was hoping to meet you on Monday! all the books were bagged up. I think they call it the "Becca" rule. to easy to spot the flaps.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Interesting event to say the least.....I arrived at 3:30 and hung out with numerous members here....I am rather timid with my own stuff, but hung with a couple hoping to catch King entering the event. We were on the side of the building and it was pitch dark by 5:30pm...Policeman walks toward us with another person, who turns out to be King....member asks him politely if he would sign a book and King flatly turned him down and entered the venue....so much for getting my Sphere Gunslinger signed (this time)....there will be more opportunities.

What is interesting about this book is I learned THERE ARE ONLY 10,000 1ST EDITION copies printed and distribution expected to be "local" East Coast, so don't expect to easily find this book. As reference this just as many as a true 1st edition Gunslinger.....NOT many to speak of so I expect this book will have higher value.

King read 3 passages from the book during his time on stage, Michael Alpert spoke briefly first, then Jim Bishop (Editor, King friend, UofM Prof) and then King....he spoke to the times of the 60's and reflections on his essay etc...there were no same stories we've heard so many times which was great....King then invited maybe 9-10 friends from his college days (also some have essays in the book) to come on stage and there was a short Q&A with them. One of last announcements was that there were 400 signed copies "sprinkled" among the 1600 or so books for sale after the event and limit of 1 signed book per family....which immediately got my suspicions up...."how were they going to monitor that!"....by the time I reached close to front in line to buy books, I was told by 2 members here that the book selling/signed books were "rigged" and NOT randomly distributed it seems...there were 18 books purchased with only 2 signed copies, one of which because a member bought 5 and demanded one be signed.....otherwise it "appeared" that workers were grabbing unsigned "sealed" copies and only on occasion were given a signed copy from another woman/pile behind a curtain.....I bought 5 copies, first 4 were sealed non-signed ones but I got lucky with a final signed copy....I think cause I bought 5, but that is a suspicion on my part.....but in truth, distribution was NOT random.

I was told by phone first copy sold on ebay while I was driving the 6 hours home at $600 buy it now....few other copies listed at WAY high prices of $500-$600.....but if you "assume" only 10,000 1st editions are available and this could well be the ONLY 400 signed, then it becomes a Finders Keepers type of event and those initial prices are not atypical....there is a Princeton NJ event soon but it only says there will be some signed copies of Stephen's works...not specifically saying THIS book....Safe to say signed copies will be pretty rare and hard to get. I am HAPPY to have one and made it worth a 12 hour round trip drive.

Other members in attendance should weigh in with their thoughts.
    David, It is always nice to see you during. your brief drop-ins to these events and wish you had more time to socialize.
    It was wonderful to meet a couple other tdt members CWalker & Mrs Cwalker and NeoTrinity. (sorry did not meet all tdt members in attendance)
    It is also always interesting spending time with a few of the regular crew with whom we have shared King adventures.
    Gathering beforehand to speculate what opportunities there will be to walk away with signed books often predominates conversation over what information will be shared by the presentation we're attending.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations everyone! I really wish I could have been there but my wife is giving birth in less than a month...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congratulations everyone! I really wish I could have been there but my wife is giving birth in less than a month...
    Speaking from experience (2 times) that is one event that trumps a signed King book, event visit, or anything else you will experience.

Congratulations Ari

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Big time congrats Ari! Sounds like the last couple months (and to come) have been quite a whirlwind for you!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Alicia will be my second daughter actually and I agree...nothing ever compares to the birth of a son/daughter.

Sorry for this off topic message everyone.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Thank you! Alicia will be my second daughter actually and I agree...nothing ever compares to the birth of a son/daughter.

Sorry for this off topic message everyone.
    Something as important as this is never off topic! Congrats
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone receive theirs in the mail yet?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI - U Maine IS shipping copies overseas - got confirmation that mine is on its way to Australia.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

I visited with Mike Alpert Tuesday 11/8 and he shared that, "All pre-orders were sent out on Monday".

I suggested I could pick mine up in person and save them the postage.
    I was hoping he would provide a signed copy and add his signature to his essay.
    I had to settle for his signature in one of my unsigned copies however had a wonderful almost hour long conversation with him about the event, the book, Stephen and the other contributors and those days they shared at Orono and beyond. It was another highlight to my trip to Maine.

T.S. Eliot -

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't gotten mine yet and I live one town over. Lol. It will be my reading copy and am looking forward to that read!

Congrats Ari!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

I visited with Mike Alpert Tuesday 11/8 and he shared that, "All pre-orders were sent out on Monday".

I suggested I could pick mine up in person and save them the postage.
    I was hoping he would provide a signed copy and add his signature to his essay.
    I had to settle for his signature in one of my unsigned copies however had a wonderful almost hour long conversation with him about the event, the book, Stephen and the other contributors and those days they shared at Orono and beyond. It was another highlight to my trip to Maine.
    That's awesome! Please share more!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I confirmed with print production manager at University of Maine Press that the first edition print run is 30,000. Still a very VERY small print run for a King book.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I haven't gotten mine yet and I live one town over. Lol. It will be my reading copy and am looking forward to that read!

Congrats Ari!
    I received mine in Florida today

T.S. Eliot -

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Received my copy today (Tacoma, Washington.)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Mine arrived in TX, too

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I hope the ones ordered through CD will be 1st editions...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I confirmed with print production manager at University of Maine Press that the first edition print run is 30,000. Still a very VERY small print run for a King book.
    I wouldn't call this a King book exactly, other than the large essay and a couple of columns it seems to have lots of content by others.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Got mine in California yesterday. A really nice publication- oversized, bound in nice cloth and impeccably designed by Michael Alpert- and very interesting commentary by all. Glad to read it and add to my collection.

Ron

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks, Simon, now I'm panicking about that!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I cannot imagine Bri sending out anything less... but never hurts to check my man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast