Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    No thoughts this week?
    Zahn McClarnon was awesome.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No thoughts this week?
    I am at an impasse with this season. Overall I enjoy it, but it jumps around so much. Last episode I felt was too long for a flashback. It was almost the whole episode. Are we going to get flashbacks of all the AIs becoming self-aware now? What is the purpose of this character's elongated flashback? Does it hold a key to something more? I also feel the AIs are too smart. They have been outsmarting and killing all the special ops groups at a record pace. I don't know, it feels too unrealistic to me. Then again, perhaps this was Ford's whole hidden plan and this is working out exactly how Ford wanted. I re-watched and beyond anticipated every episode of season 1. Season 2, I have not done this with many of the episodes.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    No thoughts this week?
    I am at an impasse with this season. Overall I enjoy it, but it jumps around so much. Last episode I felt was too long for a flashback. It was almost the whole episode. Are we going to get flashbacks of all the AIs becoming self-aware now? What is the purpose of this character's elongated flashback? Does it hold a key to something more? I also feel the AIs are too smart. They have been outsmarting and killing all the special ops groups at a record pace. I don't know, it feels too unrealistic to me. Then again, perhaps this was Ford's whole hidden plan and this is working out exactly how Ford wanted. I re-watched and beyond anticipated every episode of season 1. Season 2, I have not done this with many of the episodes.
    Well, Ford is alive in the system and now Bernard. To meit stands to reason that everything he know's/his memories are accessible to all the hosts able to access the system. Therefore they would be a step ahead of the Ops guys.He knew the protocols in place plus he also knew what, Hale & the Board were up to. The FB was a little much in some ways I agree, but it did fill a couple holes I thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No thoughts this week?
    Purpose: the first self-aware host transmitted his findings to Maeve via the hive net through her daughter. Maeve is now fully armed with information about the "door" and its location and significance.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another great episode!!! Does anyone know if there is a pre=determined story/series plan in place for this show? Like 5-6 season's and the series finale? or are they just writing to the ratings, so to speak? Just curious. It would seem to me that the show should have a thought out story and conclusion in place. JMHO

I LOVE this show!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Another great episode!!! Does anyone know if there is a pre=determined story/series plan in place for this show? Like 5-6 season's and the series finale? or are they just writing to the ratings, so to speak? Just curious. It would seem to me that the show should have a thought out story and conclusion in place. JMHO

I LOVE this show!!!!
    That episode was an amazing tragedy. Loved it
    As for your question, I remember reading that the creators had a predetermined idea and story line of like 5-6 seasons and that was it. I am hoping that holds true. So many great shows ended poorly and lost "special treatment" when they have continued to spew out season after season diluting the quality for money and ratings.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE this show!!!!
    That episode was an amazing tragedy. Loved it
    As for your question, I remember reading that the creators had a predetermined idea and story line of like 5-6 seasons and that was it. I am hoping that holds true. So many great shows ended poorly and lost "special treatment" when they have continued to spew out season after season diluting the quality for money and ratings.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

I found this Bill:
    It wasn't about getting the first 10 [episodes] done, it was about mapping out what the next 5 or 6 years are going to be. We wanted everything in line so that when the very last episode airs and we have our show finale, five or seven years down the line, we knew how it was going to end the first season -- that's the way Jonah and J.J. Abrams operate. They're making sure all the ducks are in the row.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I found this Bill:
    It wasn't about getting the first 10 [episodes] done, it was about mapping out what the next 5 or 6 years are going to be. We wanted everything in line so that when the very last episode airs and we have our show finale, five or seven years down the line, we knew how it was going to end the first season -- that's the way Jonah and J.J. Abrams operate. They're making sure all the ducks are in the row.
    Thanks for that my friend. That is very good news indeed. Like you said so many shows amble on as a slave to the ratings and we suffer. I wish more shows adopted this strategy and more networks gave them the chance to see it through. I have to admit, it made me smile with that, Abrams quote. lol How soon he put "Lost" behind him, huh? Though that is a good example of what I am talking about. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When the trailer came on after GOT, I was like, "This show looks great, what is it!?" and then boom, Evan Rachel Wood and the Westworld logo. Well played, HBO.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    When the trailer came on after GOT, I was like, "This show looks great, what is it!?" and then boom, Evan Rachel Wood and the Westworld logo. Well played, HBO.

I did the exact same fucking thing! I was like, "I don't know what this show is, but I can't wait." I'm ready for the soft reboot. Season 2 was kind of a disappointment for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Yes!!! And now the newly self-realized robots move into the real world!!! Cry Havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!!!!! lol

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished season 2. I'm very impressed. Maybe I wouldn't dig the flashbacks had I been watching this weekly, but they weren't a big deal to me. I think they were supposed to show us that's what it's like to be a host, "Is this a dream?", you know?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate this 2 year waiting period shit. I've noticed starting to become a trend with certain shows.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking Good!!!!!!

VERY interesting trailer, no?

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My body is ready. Also dat Aaron Paul

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. That was the only thing this show was missing. A little Guns & Roses, man!!!! G&R!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So close.. yet so far...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So close.. yet so far...
    Yes, seems like forever!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing Aaron Paul in this. I haven't really seen him in anything but Breaking Bad, and am interested to see him in another role with some meat to it.

(I just recently saw him in El Camino and think he did a fine job)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Aaron Paul in this. I haven't really seen him in anything but Breaking Bad, and am interested to see him in another role with some meat to it.

(I just recently saw him in El Camino and think he did a fine job)
    Yes, he was good in El Camino and looks promising from what can be seen in the new trailers. 3/15 is not too far away!!!!! In fact, "The Outsider" should have just wound up when WW will just start up!!! Nice HBO!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast