Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Haven Fundraiser Auction #1-Charlie The Choo-Choo

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hurry

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Believing is one thing; actually knowing (having legitimate evidence, proof) is another. I wouldn't be surprised to one day have evidence that more than 150 were printed, but right now I have the word of someone, who has the word of someone else. If I repeat it, it's tertiary, but not a fact.
    It might not be proof, but I'm betting David is right.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Believing is one thing; actually knowing (having legitimate evidence, proof) is another. I wouldn't be surprised to one day have evidence that more than 150 were printed, but right now I have the word of someone, who has the word of someone else. If I repeat it, it's tertiary, but not a fact.
    "Reliable sources tell me..."

Most credible journalists obtain at least two credible sources before going to print/post.

Of course around here two rumors and one post count.
    If Bob told me, that's enough...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reliable is good.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Reliable is good.

Well in that case.
    According to two reliable sources (both of whom are confidential and have asked to not have their identities divulged), who both spoke to a different reliable source; I can report that there were 500 copies printed.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Most credible journalists obtain at least two credible sources before going to print/post.

Of course around here two rumors and one post count.
    If Bob told me, that's enough...
    I appreciate the vote of confidence.....but I am so far out of the loop on this one. I have no idea what is going on with it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why does it bother you so bad brother that there were more than 150 books done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It doesn't "bother" me.

I just want the quote.
    $10K, $20K, $30K

You said you are very happy to be doing graphic stuff for The Mist. I'm sure you would want to have a part in a Sony project for The Gunslinger.

Why is it so hard to get a quote?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't "bother" me.

I just want the quote.
    $10K, $20K, $30K

You said you are very happy to be doing graphic stuff for The Mist. I'm sure you would want to have a part in a Sony project for The Gunslinger.

Why is it so hard to get a quote?
    What are you talking about?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Go upthread to posts 24-26

Country
    Country Flag

Go upthread to posts 24-26
    K, get me page count and overall size and I'll guess he paper quality to be pretty good. I'll quote it when I get to work tomorrow. Why not. Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well this is entertaining if nothing else.....

What exactly are we trying to determine/prove? Value?

Like Bob, gladly sitting on the sidelines for this one.

Country
    Country Flag

The cost to print 150, 300, even 500 will be very close due to set up costs. My point being... Why not print more? Why wouldn't they? Because... They would. Simple as that. I see it day in and day out at work.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The cost to print 150, 300, even 500 will be very close due to set up costs. My point being... Why not print more? Why wouldn't they? Because... They would. Simple as that. I see it day in and day out at work.
    That makes sense.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Absolutely. Been managing global print production in the CPG and Retail industry for 20 years. All printers/binders have a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) / Threshold set to cover the initial start up costs. Once reached, the costs go down as the quantity goes up.

Ok, going back to the sidelines. Carry on.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Yep. Absolutely. Been managing global print production in the CPG and Retail industry for 20 years. All printers/binders have a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) / Threshold set to cover the initial start up costs. Once reached, the costs go down as the quantity goes up.

Why print more though? What if they just wanted to give away 150 copies at a singular event so they print 200 total (assuming since a few people have gotten a copy that wasn't distributed at SDCC). I'm in the group that thinks they printed more than 150 but that doesn't mean that they plan on making more than 150 available to the general public.

I would lean more towards 500 being printed because someone heard from a reliable source but as stated above we cannot say with a certainty.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Why print more though? What if they just wanted to give away 150 copies at a singular event so they print 200 total (assuming since a few people have gotten a copy that wasn't distributed at SDCC). I'm in the group that thinks they printed more than 150 but that doesn't mean that they plan on making more than 150 available to the general public.

I would lean more towards 500 being printed because someone heard from a reliable source but as stated above we cannot say with a certainty.
    It's possible only 500 were allocated to the US market?? It really doesn't make sense to only order 150 when 500 or even 1000 is not much more cost wise.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Make sense for what though? If you inviting 400 people a wedding why would you order 1000 invites? Even if 1000 invites only cost $20 more than 500 invites.

These books were being given away.. there was not thought to aftermarket value when they decided to do this promotion. If they did indeed only to plan to give these away at SDCC why would they print 500? Where would they put the other 350 and why would they get an extra 350 if they had no plans for them?

Now if they did plan on having further promotions then yes but any other event will not have the impact that SDCC would. That is the mecca of promotions for any fantasy movie.

I'm just playing the devils advocate here.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure to be used for other promotions and possible gifts for the cast and crew. My friends work in the Philly movie industry and they normally received gifts that were produced as giveaways/promotions - mugs, t-shirts, books, etc.

I'm going to bet they planned a west coast and east coast giveaway. They would have printed them all at the same time.

Country
    Country Flag

We know for a fact that others have been given away though. This thread???? If it is a promo book then why not use it as such? A PROMOTION to PROMOTE something. Like I said, time will tell

EDIT: Interesting you brought up wedding invites. Here is a PRIME example Aron of this. They want to invite 250 people to the wedding... for the small extra cost they WILL ALWAYS order more. I am more than happy to go on and on about stories of clients here that will say "really? for an extra $25 I can have 50 more??" Or whatever the numbers are... they ALWAYS will. In case they want to throw someone they forgot a invite. NO ONE EVER orders the exact amount that they plan to invite.... EVER. So that is not a valid argument either man. Sorry, I do this for a living and see it ever day. Every single day. A 1000 if they wanted 400.. no... but that is not what we are discussing here... we are discussing 150, 300, or 500. That situation would fall under just what I am talking about. I am not playing devils advocate but sharing what I see all the time guys... thats all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It is true. They always order more because it's so minimal an amount.... stationary, business cards, brochures, postcards - it doesn't matter, they order more.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    It is true. They always order more because it's so minimal an amount.... stationary, business cards, brochures, postcards - it doesn't matter, they order more.
    ALWAYS. EVERY TIME.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2