Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There were 26 red and 26 black lettered (no black lettered editions confirmed), but King probably has most of them in storage somewhere.
    Are you saying the black lettered PP EOTDs may not even exist (or, if they do, SK might just have held on to them)? Sounds like there's an interesting story there - do tell.
    There's not much to tell. It's believed, but not confirmed that there were 26 black lettered copies. We have seen a red lettered copy, but I have never seen a black one. If someone has proof either way, it would be a great help.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    There were 26 red and 26 black lettered (no black lettered editions confirmed), but King probably has most of them in storage somewhere.
    Are you saying the black lettered PP EOTDs may not even exist (or, if they do, SK might just have held on to them)? Sounds like there's an interesting story there - do tell.
    There's not much to tell. It's believed, but not confirmed that there were 26 black lettered copies. We have seen a red lettered copy, but I have never seen a black one. If someone has proof either way, it would be a great help.
    RF... I know you haven't personally seen this copy but if we can take Gerald as a reputable source, he did post this on his site shortly after offering the red lettered EOTD for sale:

"I have just learned today, since posting the Lettered Eyes of the Dragon, that Black Lettered copies do in fact exist.
    A book collector provided me proof of the existence of both colors in their collection, so I have corrected my listing to highlight that Red Letters were reserved for family and Black Letters were reserved for close friends and associates in the publishing industry. Both are equally rare.
    I am happy to learn something new everyday. I now know where one copy is located, but that leaves 25 more waiting to be discovered. Let the games begin..."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can confirm that a Black Lettered Edition does exist....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    No pic=hearsay.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No pic=hearsay.
    Nope. He is right. Black exists...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    No pic=hearsay.
    We don't believe ANYONE on here. As RF said: No pic=hearsay

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    No pic=hearsay.
    We don't believe ANYONE on here. As RF said: No pic=hearsay
    I will try to post a pic of a black lettered EOTD later today/tonight. They exist...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course it does but hey, what do I know.

Thanks John and glad you are on the mend.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So we know of more than 2 now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So we know of more than 2 now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Presuming they exist, there are 26, and we know of at least two people who have one.

Country
    Country Flag

Well looks like we are not going to be privy to the amount but...

"I just wanted to let any interested parties know that the Eyes of the Dragon Red Lettered Copy has sold for what I believe is the world's highest price attained for a Limited Edition book by Stephen King.

This is not taking into consideration manuscripts, typescripts, holographic notebooks with unpublished stories, proofs or trade editions with or without familial inscriptions, collections of letters, or ephemeral items that sell privately. I am referring to Limited Edition books that were published since Phantasia Press started with "Firestater" in 1980.

Both buyer and seller were very pleased with the outcome, and all going well, there will be further rare pieces to advertise in the future, when the seller is comfortable letting them go.

Thank you all.
    Gerald"
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE collecting SK stuff and I enjoy learning new things everyday. But when I read things like this...well, I stop thinking I'm a serious collector! LOL
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez, when you think of the prices folks have paid for the Lettered Asbestos Firestarter edition and hear that it is north of what those bad boys go far, you are talking about very serious dollars. Impressive! Happy for all parties involved.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Geez, when you think of the prices folks have paid for the Lettered Asbestos Firestarter edition and hear that it is north of what those bad boys go far, you are talking about very serious dollars. Impressive! Happy for all parties involved.
    That shocks me greatly that someone would pay more for this than a lettered Firestarter! I wish we were privy to more info...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I spoke with Gerald and can absolutely respect the requested discretion by both Buyer and Seller. The rare nature of this edition and the surrounding mystique specific to the limited, personal distribution by King certainly warrant the price.

Congratulations to both the Buyer and Seller for a win-win transaction. Doubt we will see another Red Lettered Edition exchange hands for quite some time.

Good stuff.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope he/she didn't pay significantly more then the 2nd highest bidder. I don't think those types of auctions are fair. Just because you are willing to pay a lot more, doesn't mean you should have to.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I hope he/she didn't pay significantly more then the 2nd highest bidder. I don't think those types of auctions are fair. Just because you are willing to pay a lot more, doesn't mean you should have to.
    Some people however, clearly have more money than sense.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember a few years back (10? fuck time flies) speaking with the french bibliographer of King, and he told me that before ebay was popular, there was an auction website where you HAD to pay your highest auction and not just 50p more.
    I guess that this + marketing was the way eBay managed to grab popularity.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    People can and will pay what they want (I think that is great). This was a fait accompli from the beginning. Gerald used the whole ruse about bids as a promotion. There is no doubt in my mind that the buyer was all along going to "win". Good for the buyer, and good for Gerald, but if they really want things to have "discretion", Gerald wouldn't be trumpeting the "highest price" aspect of it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Sadly I am not wealthy in either regard...

Country
    Country Flag

Given that both the Buyer and Seller requested discretion specific to the exact selling price, Gerald chose to communicate the outcome of the process in a manner that, at a minimum, gave all interested non-participants an idea as to how it ended up.

We now have a general idea of the value of this item and those fortunate enough to have one in his/her collection should feel really good about the outcome....

Congrats again to Buyer, Seller and Gerald....

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree with you, if he really wanted discretion we wouldn't be talking about the price at all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    I totally agree with you, if he really wanted discretion we wouldn't be talking about the price at all.

Just a thought, but maybe he is just trying to garner attention for the shop. Gotta be hard to make a go of it with a brick & mortar shop in, Maine. Maybe he just needs the publicity?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps Gerald was simply attempting to convey to the collecting community, and specifically those that own a copy, a general idea of the current market value without revealing the actual sales price.

From my perspective, likely exercising the agreed upon discretion and I am sure the Buyer remains appreciative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast