Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Regarding the Thinners, there is a plan and it's a bit optimistic but, hey, good luck to those involved.
    Yes.....that's what I've heard. Not the actual plan or buyer yet but something may be coming. I hope so because I wanted one of those!
    Prepare to open the checkbook.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm sure most of you know by now that Gerald bought 60 copies of the UK edition to give out to the children's wing at the big hospital in Bangor. Apparently some people are displeased with this which just kills me. His own money to give what is essentially a children's book out to actual children who are sick with not one string attached. Gee, what an evil thing to do. Good for him and I think it's fantastic. If things come together there may be other charitable happenings in the future again with him taking no profit.
    I saw one of those Thinner firsts. I wanted to cry as it was so pristine. Perhaps we'll see them again.........
    Where has someone indicated that they were displeased? I read no negative comments here or on FB. I wonder where he came across that? Although it is a cool idea... The 1st,2nd or 3rd trades would have sufficed no? Anyways, I just cannot imagine anyone getting upset about Gerald doing what he wants with his money either way.
    Your last sentence says it all. He bought and paid for them like everyone else, he can do whatever he wants with them. We all know they were signed by an employee so who gives a damn?
    The whole thing just irks me a little. It's for charity people. Get over it.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the Thinners, there is a plan and it's a bit optimistic but, hey, good luck to those involved.
    Yes.....that's what I've heard. Not the actual plan or buyer yet but something may be coming. I hope so because I wanted one of those!
    Was it you Tim?? Lol.
    Ya big tease

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was it you Tim?? Lol.
    Ya big tease
    Nope....just in-the-loop specific to the intentions. A project I will not be interested in but, some may be.

That's all I got.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it you Tim?? Lol.
    Ya big tease
    Nope....just in-the-loop specific to the intentions. A project I will not be interested in but, some may be.

That's all I got.
    Dark and mysterious. I like that in a man.
    It will be interesting to see what this turns out to be. Depends on pricing as I really just wanted one of those beautiful books as is.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a damn cool thing of Gerald to do! Maybe it will be one of those books that snaps those kids out of a funk. It might even make a lifelong King or book collector out of one those young'uns!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I think it's a damn cool thing of Gerald to do! Maybe it will be one of those books that snaps those kids out of a funk. It might even make a lifelong King or book collector out of one those young'uns!
    Amen Dan. +1
    (I'm working on spreading it around so I owe you when I can! )

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Amen Dan. +1
    (I'm working on spreading it around so I owe you when I can! )
    I agree. I don't know any specifics, but it's preposterous that anyone would have a negative thing to say about Gerald donating copies of the book to the children's hospital. It's a very nice gesture on Gerald's part.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it you Tim?? Lol.
    Ya big tease

That's all I got.
    Yes, interesting project. But again not for me. I'm sure all will be revealed soon.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was the justification for saying negative things? I'm having trouble fathoming why someone would object to donating books to sick children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if the controversy lies with my statement in another thread responding to an earlier post regarding Gerald apologizing for not being able to help with matching #'s for the books he donated.

Gerald can (and should) do anything he wants with his money (books). I just openly asked:

"What the hell does a sick child want a print for?"

My statement wasn't meant as a criticism, but as a question regarding a sick child enjoying the print, not the book itself. I questioned (and I still do) what if any additional pleasure a sick child would receive by the enclosed print.
    It wasn't intended to disparage Gerald.

If you feel differently, feel free to say so. I can and will accept reasonable and even harsh criticism.

If it had nothing to do with my post, then we can move along.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Received a very rare lettered edition from Gerald on Thursday.

Wonderful condition, very acceptable price and the usual first class attention to all other details.

Thank you Gerald, much appreciated.

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post

Wonderful condition, very acceptable price and the usual first class attention to all other details.

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Congrats, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Can't wait to see what this rare lettered edition is!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes Alec...which one?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if it was the one on Facebook? Letter O perhaps?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if it was the one on Facebook? Letter O perhaps?
    Im a betting man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Sorry I have not been on the site while your questions were being posted.
    Gerald supplied me the lettered "Danse Macabre" from his collection. As always the quality was first class, it was a fine copy through all three aspects, book, glassine and slip case.
    My sincere thanks to Gerald Winters & Son for obliging me with a particularly difficult book to find.
    Alec.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Alec!
    I shall second that!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Alec!
    I shall second that!!!

And a third from me. I live vicariously through Alec's collecting adventures.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I have not been on the site while your questions were being posted.
    Gerald supplied me the lettered "Danse Macabre" from his collection. As always the quality was first class, it was a fine copy through all three aspects, book, glassine and slip case.
    My sincere thanks to Gerald Winters & Son for obliging me with a particularly difficult book to find.
    Alec.
    Fantastic! Big congrats!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm guessing poor old Gerald is buried under a foot of snow right now experiencing his first winter in the Northeast. Hey, G? It's 75 degrees here in chandler, AZ!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I have personally found, Gerald to be a fair minded and generous individual. Something I am sure you will all agree to in the not too distant future. Maybe "Judgement" should be reserved until all the facts are in play and available. FWIW keep a weather eye on this thread for some exciting things in the wings!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW, I have personally found, Gerald to be a fair minded and generous individual. Something I am sure you will all agree to in the not too distant future. Maybe "Judgement" should be reserved until all the facts are in play and available. FWIW keep a weather eye on this thread for some exciting things in the wings!!!

Bill, I am confused. No one here has disparaged Gerald. Comments and opinions have been posted, but nowhere do I see something saying his "Judgement" day is coming.
    Your comment makes it seem like members here have wronged Gerald, and that we will be proven wrong.
    I suggest you go have a cup of tea to relax.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast