Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's a sick deal. He has a bunch of them too!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    His $450 for a signed Hearts in Suspension is a good price. If you buy it, make sure you tell him you found it here.

http://geraldwinters.com/hearts-in-s...-stephen-king/
    That's what they've been selling for in true auction style listings on Ebay.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

His $450 for a signed Hearts in Suspension is a good price. If you buy it, make sure you tell him you found it here.

http://geraldwinters.com/hearts-in-s...-stephen-king/

Ordered and mentioned

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont understand why Gerald stop posting on this website knowing that he would be opening a shop.... a good way to promote his sales.
    He apparently sells a lettered Christine
    >>> http://geraldwinters.com/christine-l...-stephen-king/
    I will sell you mine for $1,000 less.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

As I have posted in the past it is not uncommon for me to collect two or three copies of some signed first editions, when available and the price is correct.
    I have just had the good fortune to purchase two copies of Hearts in Suspension from Gerald Winters and Son.
    The price is more than fair and I know the condition will be first class.
    I believe, as others do, that this price will rocket. A limited number of signed copies can only produce one outcome.

Many thanks Gerald and all best wishes for the future.

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you East-Tennessee, Alec and a few other members here, who were kind enough to order a signed copy of Hearts in Suspension. I am especially grateful to those that ordered an extra copy, when they didn’t exactly need one, to help out a new business. I do appreciate it.

Yes, Herbestwest, you are correct in your statement that I do not post here often. I used to like it, but when you get a few bad apples that seem to take it upon themselves to leave nasty comments (both public and private), the desire (and free marketing) is just not worth it. I am not the only collector that has chosen to stop posting, or sharing their new additions.

I won’t sink to the levels of some (his post is 2 above me) that seem to think it is appropriate to comment negatively on the prices of another person’s books, because I was raised with the adage that you don’t poke a wicked dog. The best way to control them, is to control their food source (ie: buyers with money).

Alan / Mr. Rabbit Trick / fellow_pian (eBay), although we have never met, and probably never will, you are free to comment anyway you see fit on a public forum. I don’t check this website on a daily basis like some, but occasionally some friends here do tell me when others have posted something either about me, or really negative, and usually it centers around you. While I have never sought out winning a popularity contest, I can safely assume neither have you, and that is fine. Everyone can have an opinion on what a book is worth, what it’s not, and simply brag when the feeling takes hold. That is all very well and good.

However, the day may come, sooner rather than later, that you, or your heirs, may need to sell said books. When that happens, you can either use your go-to-route and try to sell on eBay. I don’t need to tell you that you won’t exactly get your desired figure there. Your other option, or your heirs, will be to contact a book dealer and cross your fingers that they specialize in Stephen King and can price them correctly (ie: Sphere Gunslinger Proof for GBP 1,500). Last option, open up a brick & mortar bookstore in 2017 or later, and try your luck there.

When the day comes that you want to liquidate your $10,000 Lettered Danse Macabre, or any other of your super-rare books, you are going to come to a Stephen King dealer with your hat in hand, and hope they don’t hold a grudge. My business model is very different than most. My customers demand perfection, and I don’t disappoint. They pay cash, they pay instantly, and they pay generously.

By the way, my Lettered Christine sold, and the buyer was not interested in saving $1000. Thank you for the discount though. Have a great day.
    Gerald

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Gerald! I've noticed that most of the biggest and bitterest disagreements on the site stem from buying and selling (and pricing) items.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I made my first purchase from Gerald as well. An A+ transaction!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the sale and on the site, Gerald! I really enjoy perusing your inventory, your vault items, and the site in general. Very interesting all around.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Does anyone know what the lettered Christine went for? That link goes to a blank page...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Wow. Does anyone know what the lettered Christine went for? That link goes to a blank page...
    $6000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I've been thinking about selling mine, so that gives me a ballpark.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you East-Tennessee, Alec and a few other members here, who were kind enough to order a signed copy of Hearts in Suspension. I am especially grateful to those that ordered an extra copy, when they didn’t exactly need one, to help out a new business. I do appreciate it.

Yes, Herbestwest, you are correct in your statement that I do not post here often. I used to like it, but when you get a few bad apples that seem to take it upon themselves to leave nasty comments (both public and private), the desire (and free marketing) is just not worth it. I am not the only collector that has chosen to stop posting, or sharing their new additions.

I won’t sink to the levels of some (his post is 2 above me) that seem to think it is appropriate to comment negatively on the prices of another person’s books, because I was raised with the adage that you don’t poke a wicked dog. The best way to control them, is to control their food source (ie: buyers with money).

Alan / Mr. Rabbit Trick / fellow_pian (eBay), although we have never met, and probably never will, you are free to comment anyway you see fit on a public forum. I don’t check this website on a daily basis like some, but occasionally some friends here do tell me when others have posted something either about me, or really negative, and usually it centers around you. While I have never sought out winning a popularity contest, I can safely assume neither have you, and that is fine. Everyone can have an opinion on what a book is worth, what it’s not, and simply brag when the feeling takes hold. That is all very well and good.

However, the day may come, sooner rather than later, that you, or your heirs, may need to sell said books. When that happens, you can either use your go-to-route and try to sell on eBay. I don’t need to tell you that you won’t exactly get your desired figure there. Your other option, or your heirs, will be to contact a book dealer and cross your fingers that they specialize in Stephen King and can price them correctly (ie: Sphere Gunslinger Proof for GBP 1,500). Last option, open up a brick & mortar bookstore in 2017 or later, and try your luck there.

When the day comes that you want to liquidate your $10,000 Lettered Danse Macabre, or any other of your super-rare books, you are going to come to a Stephen King dealer with your hat in hand, and hope they don’t hold a grudge. My business model is very different than most. My customers demand perfection, and I don’t disappoint. They pay cash, they pay instantly, and they pay generously.

By the way, my Lettered Christine sold, and the buyer was not interested in saving $1000. Thank you for the discount though. Have a great day.
    Gerald

However, the day may come, sooner rather than later, that you, or your heirs, may need to sell said books

Mr Rabitt Trick are you ill? I am looking for My Pretty Pony Signed Limited. please contact me or have your heir contact me. Sooner rather than later. I will need a very generous payment plan.

Thank YOu!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great coverage!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Gerald's post on Facebook last night and bit the bullet and ordered one today - MANY THANKS GERALD!!! ............always a pleasure to deal with!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John(and nice to see you sir, hope you're doing okay)and that's why I stay out of all of it.
    I stopped by the store this past weekend to show my Mom(and not so subtly hint at xmas gifts)and to have a chat with Gerald. We had a very enlightening conversation about the HIS book launch event and other things. He has also added some of the airplane seats from The Langoliers to the store. I asked him to please keep an eye open for a certain book that I'm after and he's going to have it after the first of the year. Can't argue with that service! While I wish I could buy something every time I go in it's always a pleasure to stop by and say hi. Never fail to have a great talk!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald posted on facebook that he got a dummy prototype gunslinger from the DMG publications and a box of unused DJ & slipcases
    >>> https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBoo...58134154368131
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. 20 DJ's and 4 slipcases. I dare say the slipcases are worth >$1k each.

Country
    Country Flag

10 slipcases

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have sent him email already about slipcase. My slipcase is not original, currently housed in a beautiful custom made sliding metal case made by members here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    10 slipcases

Oops. Still worth over $1K IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    10 slipcases

Oops. Still worth over $1K IMO.
    I agree

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would hope that they might perhaps first be offered to trackable owners of the original 500 S/Ls. If any copies can be made pristine, it should be those.....and no, I don't have one. What an amazing story though!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Gerald's story on Facebook yesterday, which I think is totally amazing. A few hours my boyfriend comes in my office and said: "Wow, that story about Gerald is awesome. I'm not even a nerd and I know that!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast