Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

14 different titles, too (although some only have a single copy, it appears).

What a fantastic gift.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Gerald posted a pic of dozens of ARC's donated by Scribner and King to help him out. Try and buy one. It will be interesting to see what he asks for, and if he actually sells any.
    I am very interested in one of these and will be contacting him shortly... we'll see what comes of it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the bookstore still open?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the bookstore still open?
    I don’t think so, his website is worthless.
    It has never changed. Same old overpriced overrated items.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

His store is still open. My sister was in Bangor last week and stopped by there and met Gerald.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I was just there last week. He’s doing fine!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I personally haven't stopped by in quite some time but he's still there. There was a recent story on the local news about the Microsoft gentleman who just passed away a couple of weeks ago. Paul Allen I believe? Anyway, apparently he paid to restore all of the damaged manuscripts and helped to keep Gerald afloat(no pun intended). He was a rare book collector who happened upon Gerald's site due to a rare copy of Lord of the Rings but it wasn't for sale. A relationship was formed and he helped out in a big way!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was it him?
    Wow, that's a cool story !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Even when his store doesn't have many items showing up, he's active on Instagram and Facebook.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you who don’t use Facebook ...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    For those of you who don’t use Facebook ...

So THAT'S where all the S/L King books go on order day!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I see Gerald trying to get double issue price.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Or not selling them at all!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Water damage-insurance issue...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Those are probably tray cases made from recycled paper and mains water.
    How clever!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Those are probably tray cases made from recycled paper and Maine's water supply.
    How clever!
    You guys are cracking me the fuck up!!!!!!! Let's see, he did the "Water Main Break" thing and the "It's for Charity" thing and then the "It's in memory of" debacle wait, it's coming to me from dark forces in the "beyond" via my crystal ball, I'm thinking there will be some sort of "Firestarter" related disaster next!! This time "ashes" from the precious books will be stored in old cardboard Matchboxes and made available for sale to the public!!! LOL LOL The proceeds from said sale will be utilized to help defer the costs related to rehabilitating former arsonists in the New England area. lol lol

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Those are probably tray cases made from recycled paper and Maine's water supply.
    How clever!
    You guys are cracking me the fuck up!!!!!!! Let's see, he did the "Water Main Break" thing and the "It's for Charity" thing and then the "It's in memory of" debacle wait, it's coming to me from dark forces in the "beyond" via my crystal ball, I'm thinking there will be some sort of "Firestarter" related disaster next!! This time "ashes" from the precious books will be stored in old cardboard Matchboxes and made available for sale to the public!!! LOL LOL The proceeds from said sale will be utilized to help defer the costs related to rehabilitating former arsonists in the New England area. lol lol
    Ok you veterans of the forum. . . Fill the rest of us in! What happened? I mean if it's ok to ask? Ha!

Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    How clever!
    Ok you veterans of the forum. . . Fill the rest of us in! What happened? I mean if it's ok to ask? Ha!

Oh, it's much too long and involved a story to try to sum up here. At least for me anyway. However, there is a dedicated thread around for the "Gerald Winters and Son Book store" that will basically catch you up on most of the details of the long and sordid story. For the record, when you read through the thread I tried to support him initially, but became a convert in the end. There's also a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff that was referred to around the forum and around the time's that they occurred. Happy reading!!!! lol

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    How clever!

You should ask about fake/forged emails. THAT is quite the story...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Forged emails??? I don't recall that one.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

In February 2017 a member here Chase Ivany advertised 16 signed bookplates by Stephen King. They were affixed into paperback books (not 1st Editions) ranging on a timeline from Carrie to Cycle of the Werewolf. Chase was unsure what price to ask and forwarded to the board a rough guide of $50-65 each. I contacted him immediately and ventured to tell him that the figure was far below their value and I eventually purchased them for $3,500 in total. In other words just about $220 each. A verbal agreement was reached and dealing with someone like Chase, that is written in stone.
    At the time I had been dealing with Gerald Winters and had bought many books from him. It is a reasonable estimate at around $150,000. He had stopped with me over in the UK and had been a guest in our house.
    When I mentioned the purchase that I had just made from Chase he seemed a little “put out” by it, however I dismissed it and thought nothing more about it. The following morning Gerald had sent screenshots of Private Messages sent from Chase to himself which the content left me speechless. I contacted Chase, sent him copies and he assured me that he had not sent these and that they were forged from other communications he had sent to Gerald. Obviously Gerald had expressed an interest in the bookplates as well, hence his abruptness with me the night before.
    Chase is a computer expert in all matters and contacted Gerald requesting that he allow access to his computer, in order to prove to me that the messages were false and manufactured. He was denied access. Shortly after, the response from Gerald was that he had lost all his Private Messages from TDT, and thereby was unable to do anything.
    I will let you draw your own conclusions from this.
    To sum up, Chase acted like a true gentleman and I received the books.
    Gerald and I have never spoken or communicated since.
    (There is an addendum to this as I purchased one book from Gerald that I promised he could have first refusal if I ever sold it. I recently had an offer on it. Contacted Gerald by email as I promised. Nothing came back).

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

And there it is...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    And there it is...
    Yep. Rep points to Alec for sharing. Another pile of shit from him on his growing pile. After the way he treated me during the auction debacle (among other stunts) I would never buy a thing from him.. EVEN if he had the very last book I needed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    And there it is...
    Yep. Rep points to Alec for sharing. Another pile of shit from him on his growing pile. After the way he treated me during the auction debacle (among other stunts) I would never buy a thing from him.. EVEN if he had the very last book I needed.
    Never say never. Business is business, and occasionally one has to put personal issues aside to obtain what they need.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast