Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    +1,000,000 Brian.
    Things have just been too "off" for my taste. I was a regular customer in there, almost every weekend plus the fact that I bought some pretty high end items and sold a couple of other items through him(big regret there!). I haven't been in the store since last Oct when I found out I was screwed over on something. It was a minor something but it was important to me and showed me his character. I've often thought about maybe stopping by to try and mend things because we were friends at one point(at least I thought so) but too much drama has happened. Other collectors have shared things to me privately and it's just been a turn off.
    Wow! You had posted a lot about your dealings with him, so that is really disappointing to hear.
    It was Brian. I'm not into drama at all so rather than saying anything at the time I just let it go and haven't been back. I've since heard too many things that make me glad I haven't been.
    I just want to clarify that this is my own doing. I'm not trying to slander him or turn people away. I'm sure there have been happy customers but I don't want to play in the sandbox anymore.
    I went without posting about him because I know he occasionally still checks this site. Or did when we talked. Who knows now. But after the auction cancellation I knew it was over.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes a lot of weird thing’s going on at his shop, me personally only bought one book from the website, but was a little frustrated with the post of a box full of slipcase’s for the Gunslinger that are not for sale I would have paid greatly for one. Now I own one of the aluminum custom slipcase, which is awesome, to hold my S/L Gunslinger. I purchased the book without correct slipcase a few years ago here on TDT

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello friends. As someone who once tried to do something "bigger" involving a lot of members of this community, I just wanted to voice an opinion. I'm not defending or supporting Gerald, because I have no horse in the race. I don't know the guy, I've never bought anything from him, and so on and so on. I just wanted to say that when you DO try to do something "bigger" and it all falls to shit unexpectedly, it sucks. Now, sometimes things turn out great, like "Hey, maybe people WILL pay fifty thousand dollars for a book made of Southern African snake eyes with typewriter keys embedded in the cover and a sewer grate case and the ink made from the feces of people named 'Steve' …" Sometimes it works out. Other times, it doesn't work out so great.

Sometimes our grasp exceeds our reach.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is self-interest, misinformation, and even lies which have derailed Morrell's auction and the charity which benefits, then it's absolutely fucking appalling...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

With all the recent activity in this thread I have a question about Gerald's store for those who visited it. I know he has/had a number of scarce collectibles on display (not for sale, I think) from his personal collection. Did anyone ever see the one-of-a-kind proofs he posted pictures of in the past (such as the UK NEL proofs)? Or the asbestos Firestarter prototype? I know he used to keep his collection in different places across the globe but I was under the impression that he shipped everything to Bangor when he moved there. Just curious!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    but I was under the impression that he shipped everything to Bangor when he moved there. Just curious!
    I'm sorry I 'm not in a position to provide more details, but that is not the case. It is my understanding that only a small part of the main collection is in Bangor.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Simon - guess my recollection was wrong.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I placed a bid with Gerald for the Needful Things manuscript. I have a serious crush on it, and I would love to read it side by side with the published text, one eye on each.

Seeing how things have gone, my bid may have held up. I'm not furious, maybe slightly miffed. I agree it's very unfortunate, what's happened, especially the conspiracy claim.

I do think I will try again when the opportunity comes (unless someone here has one to sell perhaps?). If the price I can give, is able to get it, I'd still love to have it and read it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was never going to be bidding so my opinion may not hold as much weight but all this debacle does is remind me we never seem to have these issues with David at Betts...

David, you stay classy pal

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, looks like the auctions are back on?
    > https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBooks/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I’ll be seeing Gerald on Saturday. I’ll see what I can find out.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David Morrell's post on FB says there will be a reserve/minimum bid for each item. Gerald's catalogue now has estimates for every item, but I can't find any mention of a minimum bid (also not on the web pages of the first three lots). It would be the bottom estimate price, presumably?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So that doesnt includes the manuscript that was supposed to be the highlight of the first auctions... I wonder what happened to those
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So that doesnt includes the manuscript that was supposed to be the highlight of the first auctions... I wonder what happened to those
    Not listed yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

According to the catalogue the manuscripts will come later. The IT manuscript is estimated at $15,000-20,000 with bidding ending on October 1.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I didnt see that the catalog had been updated, with estimations.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I want to bid on a few things, but I have my lawyer looking at the bidding agreement. I cant make heads or tails out of it. too much legal language.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I want to bid on a few things, but I have my lawyer looking at the bidding agreement. I cant make heads or tails out of it. too much legal language.
    You had to hire a lawyer? If he can't make heads or tails out of it, he might need to hire a team of lawyers.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    You had to hire a lawyer? If he can't make heads or tails out of it, he might need to hire a team of lawyers.
    That’s absurd, no? That a lawyer is needed I mean. Maybe not considering one could spend tens of thousands of dollars. I don’t know. Just caught me by surprise.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Its funny that IT at work blocks his site. Anytime someone posts a link, I have to remember to check it when I get home (better make sure all my virus checkers are upto date LOL)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald posted a pic of dozens of ARC's donated by Scribner and King to help him out. Try and buy one. It will be interesting to see what he asks for, and if he actually sells any.

Sorry, but you will have to go find the FB link.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

I can help with something finally. Here’s the fb link:

https://www.facebook.com/13202733697...1170591731150/
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Gerald posted a pic of dozens of ARC's donated by Scribner and King to help him out. Try and buy one. It will be interesting to see what he asks for, and if he actually sells any.

Sorry, but you will have to go find the FB link.
    Like 100’s of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast