Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear, maybe things are looking brighter.............
    I've reached out to Gerald to offer any help he might need.........

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

"Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've yet to read of a single item of King's output being lost to the King Community so far. Hopefully that will remain the case.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I believe I saw where the original Trucks manuscript was a total lose and that the EOTD (Napkins) manuscript was damaged.
    With any luck, that will be all for the original stuff. I’m sure we will learn more as stuff dries out.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, what a tragic story. I feel so bad for him. I'm glad he was able to recover some stuff. What a nightmare!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I've yet to read of a single item of King's output being lost to the King Community so far. Hopefully that will remain the case.
    If you are referring to manuscripts then I think one but as for other books, well, I read about 2000 which I cannot confirm but on Facebook there are a few things posted

https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBoo...90355357812675

https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBoo...91353844379493

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope all the one-of-kind proofs and the lettered Firestarter prototype survived...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read on a report by BDN, that : one his manuscripts (7 if i recall correctly), only 1 was destroyed (TRUCKS) , and yes, THE NAPKINS was a bit damaged
    > https://bangordailynews.com/2018/01/...oded-basement/

"Other manuscripts that Winters found include parts I and II of “The Plant” and “Black House.” The novel, “The Eyes of the Dragon,” which had been stored in a separate wooden box, sustained some water damage, but Winters said it isn’t ruined."
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here we go with more teasing. Anyone care to guess what might be up?
    It looks as if perhaps May 2 might be involved? The Outsider comes out in May right? Or maybe the Sleeping Beauties PB? A possible signing? But he keeps mentioning IT as well....
    I'd love to see King do a signing here in Bangor but will it be public or private? Gerald mentioned in the past that maybe he could get him to come into the store and sign books but it may not be public. With this basement flooding tragedy though maybe King would reconsider and do a public one. Or maybe I'm way off base. Just theories at this point.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Here we go with more teasing. Anyone care to guess what might be up?
    It looks as if perhaps May 2 might be involved? The Outsider comes out in May right? Or maybe the Sleeping Beauties PB? A possible signing? But he keeps mentioning IT as well....
    I'd love to see King do a signing here in Bangor but will it be public or private? Gerald mentioned in the past that maybe he could get him to come into the store and sign books but it may not be public. With this basement flooding tragedy though maybe King would reconsider and do a public one. Or maybe I'm way off base. Just theories at this point.
    I follow Gerald closely as well on FB. I took his cryptic messages that he was announcing something on the 8th of the 2nd month... but darned if I know. lol He does mention IT yes... it also threw me off. I think King would do a signing sooner rather than later to help him get his shop back up on it's feet. Perhaps a public signing where you can bring your own books like a copy of IT? Hmmmm hard to say... but I will keep watching He does state that it is amazing news for King collectors... so we shall see. Good to see him so positive considering on his FB page though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The 8th of the 2nd month tells me that this ties in to Paul's announcement. No clue on the other as I'm not a follower.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The 8th of the 2nd month tells me that this ties in to Paul's announcement. No clue on the other as I'm not a follower.
    I believe this would be a coincidence.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I believe this would be a coincidence.
    Me too. I also see he has been mentioning David Morrell and Rambo. David is auctioning off a signed IT manuscript so pretty sure Gerald will be handling it. That’s looking promising to be a safe bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

At such a distressing time as this it is heartening to see so many people coming forward to help. It appears that some very valuable and unusual items are to be offered.
    Let us hope that this makes the situation a little easier for Gerald Winters and Son. Certainly in monetary terms it will assist, however scars will be left from the loss of so many rare and unique books.
    When the healing process starts, and normality begins to return, perhaps we may learn exactly what irreplaceable books have been lost to the King collecting world, then we can all appreciate just how much loss this dreadful incident has caused.

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

My previous post was to highlight the kindness that people had shown and their efforts to help out. Also to establish what losses the book collecting world had suffered.

I cannot believe what I have just witnessed!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    My previous post was to highlight the kindness that people had shown and their efforts to help out. Also to establish what losses the book collecting world had suffered.

I think i am buying dirt too.

We know he lost a manuscript of Trucks
    A signed copy of Firestarter to his son.
    A copy of the bachman books
    4 copies of other King family books
    A nice Jacket worn in a KIng movie?
    Seats from the langoliers was damaged - status unknown....
    Tons of shipping boxes

and maybe 2000 books (stock???).

I hope insurance covered alot of this.

But i am still buying PENNYWISE dirt.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The airplane seats have been restored. He posted a photo last week.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It is an unfortunate, shocking accident that Gerald is living through. I hope he overcomes all the negativity that has come with this.

But I keep asking to myself, why. unless your basement is climate-controlled and is completely in your control, why would anyone store their valuables in a basement? Let alone a basement that is probably more than 100 years old. Isn't there a worry about mildew or rodents? Just wondering..

Insurance should take care of the monetary losses incurred and even if he was uninsured, the city of Bangor should be on the hook for liability damages. Hope he heals quickly and completely...and it sounds like he is. But no dirt for me. Is it even legal to ship dirt?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post

I think i am buying dirt too.

We know he lost a manuscript of Trucks
    A signed copy of Firestarter to his son.
    A copy of the bachman books
    4 copies of other King family books
    A nice Jacket worn in a KIng movie?
    Seats from the langoliers was damaged - status unknown....
    Tons of shipping boxes

and maybe 2000 books (stock???).

I hope insurance covered alot of this.

But i am still buying PENNYWISE dirt.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My understanding is that a lot of it was in the basement temporarily. I think he was worried about the pipes in the ceiling bursting. (although if that happened I imagine the water would run into the basement.)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand the dirt thing. I mean if people really want it and it helps out then great but I honestly thought he was joking about this. I can go dig up dirt in Bangor and sell it. Or even better, in the summer, drive over to King's house every day after work and get some grass clippings( FYI: I would NEVER do this)and sell those. Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to be rude about this, especially if it helps him out but I honestly don't get it? I really hope the selling of dirt was not what all of these teasers have been leading up to....
    I've bandied about theories with a friend and we came up with a theory that maybe buying the dirt is a ticket to something in the future.....

I haven't stopped by the store since this happened mainly because I don't know if he's even open or not now but maybe I'll venture over there this weekend and check in. The damage may not be as bad as we think. Only(but still a big loss) one manuscript gone but could have been far worse. A few signed books ( which is a few too many in any case!) but I haven't seen any pictures of limited editions being damaged. Hopefully most were salvaged or not involved. I know he had a complete DT S/L set in the store but those were in a case upstairs.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think the dirt theoretically contains bits of lost rarities, while also providing those who wish to help financially a way to do so.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If Pet Sematary was the manuscript buried in the mud, do you think......never mind.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    If Pet Sematary was the manuscript buried in the mud, do you think......never mind.

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast