Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Had some out of town friends visiting for BanGOREfest this past weekend and of course I told them to check out the store. And of course I went with them and bought three more books.
    12 step program STAT!
    He has some amazing stuff. A few display only items including a Napkins 1st and 2nd draft along with original pencil sketches for the S/L. I personally don't collect proofs but he has a ton, many signed.
    After going back I would have to say that price wise he is a bit on the higher side. David has spoiled us I think! However, he seems willing to negotiate. The first time I went in and bought three pricier items I asked if he would knock a little off due to buying all three and he did. I'm in the middle of another possible purchase now.....
    With that being said, I will ALWAYS continue to see what David gets in because they both have different and sought after items.
    Bricks and Mortar stores will always need to charge a little more in order to cover costs.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

It was great to see a stephen king store, great proprietor, very knowledgable. And patient. Made my list of needful things when I win the lottery. Bought a UK blockade Billy and shining keychain. Everything else on hold until lottery. Win

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Glenn, I'm really pumped to go to the store. Heading there next May!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Had some out of town friends visiting for BanGOREfest this past weekend and of course I told them to check out the store. And of course I went with them and bought three more books.
    12 step program STAT!
    He has some amazing stuff. A few display only items including a Napkins 1st and 2nd draft along with original pencil sketches for the S/L. I personally don't collect proofs but he has a ton, many signed.
    After going back I would have to say that price wise he is a bit on the higher side. David has spoiled us I think! However, he seems willing to negotiate. The first time I went in and bought three pricier items I asked if he would knock a little off due to buying all three and he did. I'm in the middle of another possible purchase now.....
    With that being said, I will ALWAYS continue to see what David gets in because they both have different and sought after items.
    Bricks and Mortar stores will always need to charge a little more in order to cover costs.
    Oh yes, I absolutely agree Simon and even with the upcharges for brick and mortar his prices mostly range in the fair market value. Trust me, I've bought 7 books there. So far

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I was able to stop by Gerald's shop a couple times while in town, it was an amazing place with a great presentation!! Gerald was very welcoming and happy to answer any questions you have, I look forward to visiting again, the vibe was professional, pleasant and accommodating!! I suggest ANYONE who is in the area to stop by and check it out!!!!
    Thank You again for your hospitality and it was great to meet you!! What a thrill to walk into a store based on Stephen King Collectables!!!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I flew to Bangor last night and met Gerald at his store this morning. I had a great time! He took the time to show me everything he has so far. He will have more iinventory in the months ahead. We had a long conversation about all things King (and I learned a ton) and he drove me for photos of King's house and the cemetery where Pet Cemetery was filmed. I only had a very short time but really enjoyed the time I had with him. I picked up a few items during my visit and just truly wished I lived closer...I wholeheartedly recommend his place to everyone. You will not be disappointed!! His stories of how he acquired certain rarities is, for me, always fun to know. I wish him many more years in Maine! We even ran into Stu Tinker at King's House giving a tour. Over the years, I've bought thousands from him and now met him. Quickly but...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I flew to Bangor last night and met Gerald at his store this morning. I had a great time! He took the time to show me everything he has so far. He will have more iinventory in the months ahead. We had a long conversation about all things King (and I learned a ton) and he drove me for photos of King's house and the cemetery where Pet Cemetery was filmed. I only had a very short time but really enjoyed the time I had with him. I picked up a few items during my visit and just truly wished I lived closer...I wholeheartedly recommend his place to everyone. You will not be disappointed!! His stories of how he acquired certain rarities is, for me, always fun to know. I wish him many more years in Maine!
    SWEET! I cannot wait to meet him and see the store. I am booked May 12th to head there for that weekend and plan to bother him lots during a visit!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should be a great time!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I flew to Bangor last night and met Gerald at his store this morning. I had a great time! He took the time to show me everything he has so far. He will have more iinventory in the months ahead. We had a long conversation about all things King (and I learned a ton) and he drove me for photos of King's house and the cemetery where Pet Cemetery was filmed. I only had a very short time but really enjoyed the time I had with him. I picked up a few items during my visit and just truly wished I lived closer...I wholeheartedly recommend his place to everyone. You will not be disappointed!! His stories of how he acquired certain rarities is, for me, always fun to know. I wish him many more years in Maine!
    Very cool! What did you get?
    ~Jonathan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, a TV star in our midst!!!! lol Great P.R.!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The name is this article sounds familiar

http://www.wlbz2.com/mb/life/rare-bo...kien/355168087
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering : so is Gerald done with collecting King for himself?

Dumb other question : "the family has bought some books from me in the past..."
    Does he mean the KING family?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No he means the family that has asked Gerald to sell the Darwin book on their behalf.

I believe Gerald is still very much a King collector, a lot (if not most) of his shop display are books from his own collection and are not for sale, he is just giving the collector public an opportunity to see some of the the rarer books that they would otherwise never have the chance to see "in the flesh" so to speak. If they happen to purchase something else that IS for sale in the shop, then so much the better!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    No he means the family that has asked Gerald to sell the Darwin book on their behalf.

I believe Gerald is still very much a King collector, a lot (if not most) of his shop display are books from his own collection and are not for sale, he is just giving the collector public an opportunity to see some of the the rarer books that they would otherwise never have the chance to see "in the flesh" so to speak. If they happen to purchase something else that IS for sale in the shop, then so much the better!
    Simon is right... I contacted him on two books and they are not for sale I noticed them in the media and Facebook posts. Hey..... some day but not now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I also think this is more of a hobby (selling books, I mean) than something that he has to do to make a living. I for one am glad that he decided to share some of his wonderful books with the world in this way. The chances that I'll end up in Bangor one day are very small so I'm happy to see whatever he posts online.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK so it's more some sort of small musem than actually a shop then?
    I guess that he may sell more common items, such as first editions and some signed copies, but the rare items he keeps them for himself?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some rare items for sale.

I believe it will be a combination store and museum......with some items for sale and some items for display.

I stopped in while I was in Bangor earlier this month for the HIS event.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    OK so it's more some sort of small musem than actually a shop then?
    I guess that he may sell more common items, such as first editions and some signed copies, but the rare items he keeps them for himself?
    Nope, It's a shop. It's just that his rare SK items are not for sale, however unlike some of the high end collectors, he has chosen not to lock them away in a basement and is sharing them (at least through glass) with others.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And he did break out the asbestos Firestarter for the news guy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

He did the same for my wife and I. It even smelled great! If I understood correctly, that copy has been sold to an asian collector, but the person agreed to let Gerald keep it for a while as a dispaly item. So glad he did.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

He did the same for my wife and I. It even smelled great! If I understood correctly, that copy has been sold to an asian collector, but the person agreed to let Gerald keep it for a while as a dispaly item. So glad he did.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I dont understand why Gerald stop posting on this website knowing that he would be opening a shop.... a good way to promote his sales.
    He now has a website
    >>> http://geraldwinters.com/

He apparently sells a lettered Christine
    >>> http://geraldwinters.com/christine-l...-stephen-king/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

His $450 for a signed Hearts in Suspension is a good price. If you buy it, make sure you tell him you found it here.

http://geraldwinters.com/hearts-in-s...-stephen-king/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast