Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Personally, if a burst water main destroyed 2000 items of my personal collection that I had moved the the basement temporarily, my priorities would be:
    - trying to recover what I could
    - figuring out what insurance would and would not cover
    - trying to clean up the whole mess so I could reopen for business
    - trying not to blame myself for having the stuff in the basement in the first place
    - keeping well-wishers informed of what was going on, as time permitted

Posting photographic proof of the extent of the damage so complete strangers can be assured that I'm not lying would not be on that list, let alone near the top.

HBJ
    +1
    Good perspective on priorities in the face of personal disaster.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good perspective from a collectors point of view, however I would have thought from an insurance perspective with most books apparently hosed into a soup, photographic evidence would have been right at the top. Not necessarily to show complete strangers. But when a catastrophe occurs like this you can rest assured your insurance assessor will not be a stranger for very long.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good perspective from a collectors point of view, however I would have thought from an insurance perspective with most books apparently hosed into a soup, photographic evidence would have been right at the top. Not necessarily to show complete strangers. But when a catastrophe occurs like this you can rest assured your insurance assessor will not be a stranger for very long.
    I am sure an insurance inspector would have been on site to inspect it, and taken their own pictures. I am sure they would like to see any pictures he had of the inventory pre-flood if he has them.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, if a burst water main destroyed 2000 items of my personal collection that I had moved the the basement temporarily, my priorities would be:
    - trying to recover what I could
    - figuring out what insurance would and would not cover
    - trying to clean up the whole mess so I could reopen for business
    - trying not to blame myself for having the stuff in the basement in the first place
    - keeping well-wishers informed of what was going on, as time permitted

Posting photographic proof of the extent of the damage so complete strangers can be assured that I'm not lying would not be on that list, let alone near the top.

HBJ
    Positive Rep, Jack! I'll admit I haven't been following this thread very closely, but I do wonder why such value items would be stored in the basement. That being said, my "library is in the basement but all books are well above the waterline should there ever be a disaster. My greatest fear is fire.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good perspective from a collectors point of view, however I would have thought from an insurance perspective with most books apparently hosed into a soup, photographic evidence would have been right at the top. Not necessarily to show complete strangers.
    Absolutely agree. Getting a list of damages and photos for insurance would absolutely be a priority. But posting those photos online to allay suspicious minds would not be much of one, for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Positive Rep, Jack! I'll admit I haven't been following this thread very closely, but I do wonder why such value items would be stored in the basement.
    Thanks for the rep! I think I read in one of the early accounts of the disaster that Gerald had moved the items into the basement temporarily while he was reorganizing stock in his store. He planned to move them back upstairs to display in the store.

HBJ

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the rep! I think I read in one of the early accounts of the disaster that Gerald had moved the items into the basement temporarily while he was reorganizing stock in his store. He planned to move them back upstairs to display in the store. HBJ
    Most welcome. Ah, I see in regards to the basement.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... holy shit, that was awesome. Just caught up on the last four/five pages of the thread and situation.

TDT.org: Civil War

Mooooooooooooore! Mooooooooooore! Someone call someone else an asshole! Someone demand photographic proof! Someone talk shit to Boss Man! Mooooooooooooooooore!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    ... holy shit, that was awesome. Just caught up on the last four/five pages of the thread and situation.

Mooooooooooooore! Mooooooooooore! Someone call someone else an asshole! Someone demand photographic proof! Someone talk shit to Boss Man! Mooooooooooooooooore!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

I didn't remember any of it after he leaves the office to complain. I should watch an episode tonight.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this discussion has run its course. Feel free to post more opinions/arguments if you think they will contribute to passionate discussion.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think this discussion has run its course. Feel free to post more opinions/arguments if you think they will contribute to passionate discussion.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How cool!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    worth buying just for a mint jacket in case you ever need to upgrade a S/L
    Don't be too quick...I've purchased about 20 new shrinkwrapped Waste Lands copies in the last 3-4 years and all but 2 had imperfections to the DJ DESPITE being shrinkwrapped....This book is VERY hard to get a perfect jacket.
    So you mean Waste Lands of DOTT?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed...Waste Lands DJ is HARD to find perfect....very very hard

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Agreed...Waste Lands DJ is HARD to find perfect....very very hard
    Thanks, David!

And sorry for my illegible writing of that question. What a doozie that was, haha. I meant to type, “Do you mean Waste Lands or DOTT?” Thanks again.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The David Morrell collection auction. David writes: Just got the catalogue for the auction of 31 rare @StephenKing books & typescripts to benefit the Matthew Morrell and Natalie Sanchez Pediatric Cancer Research Fund. It's set for July 2, 6pm at Nocturnem Draft Haus in Banger, ME. To arrange online/phone bidding call 207-922-2062.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for the charity, but baffling that the work we have done here for the past 10+ years doesn't receive near the same publicity.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good for the charity, but baffling that the work we have done here for the past 10+ years doesn't receive near the same publicity.

We need a PR Guy!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone having trouble registering for this? I have called a few times as David Morrell said on Twitter you had to register but Gerald isn’t answering the phone or returning my calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone having trouble registering for this? I have called a few times as David Morrell said on Twitter you had to register but Gerald isn’t answering the phone or returning my calls

Just talked to Gerald. I guess everything isn’t quite ready yet for signing up for anyone who is interested. He will advise!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have to sign up to see the list of items up for sale? If not, where can I get the list (I hope its not a facebook page, as I am not on facebook).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

I appreciate it is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, and the charity aspect adds another layer of randomness into the pot, but any thoughts on the price range expected on the manuscripts?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have absolutely no idea of values. I hope that they do sell, and that they do get some serious money for helping the cause.

At the moment, there are some manuscripts available, not signed though, on ebay, sold by Mike Pasuik
    > https://www.ebay.com/sch/pasiuk57/m....1&_ipg=&_from=
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t find the auction to have that many unique or interesting items....and the legal waiver is significant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast