Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does King have a relationship with him? I feel like I heard that he does/did, but I can't recall what I heard or when.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does King have a relationship with him? I feel like I heard that he does/did, but I can't recall what I heard or when.
    No, he doesn’t. Winters has said that he’s never met King.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    No, he doesn’t. Winters has said that he’s never met King.
    Wasn't King going to help him out with his flood situation by doing a signing at his store or something like that? Did that ever happen, or any other thing?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, he mentioned it. But knowing how he operates, he probably fabricated it all, or it was just wishful thinking.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

At the beginning of December 2016 I purchased a Gunslinger Proof (Sphere) from Simon Patterson at Hyraxia books. Having received it I sent some images to Gerald Winters for his appraisal. (This was all prior to the Chase Ivany fracas and the forged emails.) On receipt of the images Gerald was gracious in his responses and commented on the rarity of the purchase.
    Unawares to me he then proceeded to post it on his website as his own book!
    It was not too long before I discovered this and rang him to question the reason he had done this. For once he was contrite and pleaded with me not to say anything as he had posted it to further the kudos of the site. I agreed to remain quiet about this and even posted on my collection thread (Post 281) that my partner Sue had purchased it as a Christmas present for me from Gerald. This protected Gerald and everything fell into place and appeared as a normal purchase. Even if it was sat at home on my bookshelf all the time!! I even stated in the post what a true friend and gentleman he was.
    Then came the real shock. He had offered to sell it to Matt Fisher (Lot Guy) after I had attempted to protect his reputation.
    Matt still has these emails concerning the possible purchase from Gerald.
    I am only listing this, as if you have any doubt to the lengths this man will go to, then believe me they are limitless.
    He appears to believe that his status as a collector of rare King books will carry him through anything he tries to engineer. What people are unaware of is that the majority of his collection was bequeathed to him.
    I only hope this assists people in making an informed choice should they ever decide to invest in Gerald Winters & Son.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

What an absolute flustercuck this is turning into...

I am equal parts entertained and horrified as more and more people share the stories they’ve kept to themselves for so long. Reading through the early parts of this thread, everyone was on his side and he seemed to be doing so well for himself, but he went off the rails completely at some point.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve never dealt with the guy, and never will after reading through these horror stories. Maybe CD will collect them in an anthology, and get Gerald to sign the limited edition 😂😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bloody hell.

What a deeply warped, broken individual.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I do recall someone calling another member here an "asshole" because that forum member called BS on Gerald's story. Do you happen to recall that someone, Rob?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes me wonder if all those “one of a kind” items he shared in the past even exist.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Makes me wonder if all those “one of a kind” items he shared in the past even exist.
    Perhaps they only exist on the insurance claim.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t understand how someone can sell something that is not in his possession? Surely there would come a point when either money and goods would have been exchanged? Then what?

And advertising something so rare and so publicly as theirs, surely he would realise you’d check his site, being an active friend/customer.

It all comes across wierd, you buy a rare item, share your find, he pretends to own it, you endorse his site pretend to buy it from him, he tries to sell it. F*cked up!

What a mess.

I nearly went for a holy grail from the man, glad I didn’t.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    What people are unaware of is that the majority of his collection was bequeathed to him.
    So he didn’t amass the majority of his collection himself, he inherited it or it was just given to him?

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I don’t understand how someone can sell something that is not in his possession? Surely there would come a point when either money and goods would have been exchanged? Then what?

And advertising something so rare and so publicly as theirs, surely he would realise you’d check his site, being an active friend/customer.

It all comes across wierd, you buy a rare item, share your find, he pretends to own it, you endorse his site pretend to buy it from him, he tries to sell it. F*cked up!

What a mess.

I nearly went for a holy grail from the man, glad I didn’t.
    I am curious about this as well. It would HAVE to reach some point where he'd "fake" back out or something along those lines. Confusing stuff.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agreed to remain quiet about this and even posted on my collection thread (Post 281) that my partner Sue had purchased it as a Christmas present for me from Gerald. This protected Gerald and everything fell into place and appeared as a normal purchase. Even if it was sat at home on my bookshelf all the time!! I even stated in the post what a true friend and gentleman he was.
    I don't even know how to ask what I'm thinking without being called an asshole again.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Collectors of just about anything can be a weird lot. But some become completely obsessive and unhinged. It's creepy but also fascinating.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    What people are unaware of is that the majority of his collection was bequeathed to him.
    So he didn’t amass the majority of his collection himself, he inherited it or it was just given to him?
    He inherited a large part of his collection when his partner died.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think that is precisely correct.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Collectors of just about anything can be a weird lot. But some become completely obsessive and unhinged. It's creepy but also fascinating.

Apropos is this case, him being a Stephen King collector.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think that is precisely correct.
    Actually, Boss that is the way I heard it. Of course my memory ain't what it was, but if I recall his first wife was a good friend/acquaintance/business associate of, King and thereofre was able to amass quite a King collection prior to her marriage to, Gerald. As I heard i, she added to it during a prolonged illness and the entire thing was left to, Gerald in her will. I can't quite recall positively, but I think she hailed from the far east. Perhaps, Alec can chime in with more accurate details as I believe he is the most informed among us on "Gerald's Sordid Saga". of course, El Jefe this is just what I recall and heard. I could be off base, but I offer this explanation FWIW as I recall hearing it.

Spoiler:
    FWIW, I wonder if he has/is reading through this thread and what he might be thinking!!! LOL Lucky he's not a character from a, King story as I would expect some fires may be starting or objects flinging their way towards a few of our heads or the like!!! lol lol lol

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

At the beginning of December 2016 I purchased a Gunslinger Proof (Sphere) from Simon Patterson at Hyraxia books. Having received it I sent some images to Gerald Winters for his appraisal. (This was all prior to the Chase Ivany fracas and the forged emails.) On receipt of the images Gerald was gracious in his responses and commented on the rarity of the purchase.
    It was not too long before I discovered this and rang him to question the reason he had done this. For once he was contrite and pleaded with me not to say anything as he had posted it to further the kudos of the site. I agreed to remain quiet about this and even posted on my collection thread (Post 281) that my partner Sue had purchased it as a Christmas present for me from Gerald. This protected Gerald and everything fell into place and appeared as a normal purchase. Even if it was sat at home on my bookshelf all the time!! I even stated in the post what a true friend and gentleman he was.
    Then came the real shock. He had offered to sell it to Matt Fisher (Lot Guy) after I had attempted to protect his reputation.
    I am only listing this, as if you have any doubt to the lengths this man will go to, then believe me they are limitless.
    He appears to believe that his status as a collector of rare King books will carry him through anything he tries to engineer. What people are unaware of is that the majority of his collection was bequeathed to him.
    I only hope this assists people in making an informed choice should they ever decide to invest in Gerald Winters & Son.
    I was excited to hopefully get the Gunslinger proof. By this time Alec was and is a valued friend that I would talk to on the phone about our shared love of collecting King when our availability matched. We talked about what we were both chasing at the time and was when I realized I was chasing a dream proof, literally. It didn't take long for us to realize this, as bummed as I was of not having a chance at it with the bid I offered I was happy to hear Alec was the fortunate owner. Alec was 100% straight with me as he always has and is and explained the situation.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I was excited to hopefully get the Gunslinger proof. By this time Alec was and is a valued friend that I would talk to on the phone about our shared love of collecting King when our availability matched. We talked about what we were both chasing at the time and was when I realized I was chasing a dream proof, literally. It didn't take long for us to realize this, as bummed as I was of not having a chance at it with the bid I offered I was happy to hear Alec was the fortunate owner. Alec was 100% straight with me as he always has and is and explained the situation.
    Yeah, Matt I have also had interaction with, Alec and he is as solid and honest a man as you will find!!!!

Spoiler:
    Even if he is "British" lol lol j/k

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I do recall someone calling another member here an "asshole" because that forum member called BS on Gerald's story. Do you happen to recall that someone, Rob?
    Sure - it was me!

I was acting under best available info at the time, and despite all the lies it now appears this guy told, it’s true he had a massive “water event”, so I’m losing no sleep (sorry, my sensitive little ones - no contrition here).
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

St. Troy doesn't impress me as a person who would ever be contrite. I don't believe him to be a sociopath, but a sociopath doesn't feel remorse or empathy; hopefully he is just an asshole...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast