Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be visiting next time I am in the area!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great news. I wish him well, and when in Bangor again, I'll be visiting the store.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's stellar news! Wow, guess I know what im doing for my next trip.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

If you google Gerald Winters other articles point out that it will be a MUSEUM and Store.

I would like to point out that i reached out to BOB about a year ago and told him to watch the movie the LONGEST RIDE. I was hoping to do the exact same thing with Bob's collection! I was preparing him to "WILL" his entire collection to me so i could open the Stephen KING/Cardosweiller Museum.

It would be awesome.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Gotta play my "still a newbie" card and ask... Gerald, AKA Neo-Trinity, right?

Either way, will be heading up as soon as it opens!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald-nice move.
    If I'm near there, I will be stopping by...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Gotta play my "still a newbie" card and ask... Gerald, AKA Neo-Trinity, right?

Either way, will be heading up as soon as it opens!
    Sure is yes
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful news indeed!!! Best of luck to you, Gerald!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

All the best with it Gerald! Looks and sounds wonderful. I will have to make a trip there at some point.

Thanks for posting Bev.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am really, really interested to see what Gerald does with this. I wish him lots and lots of luck and good times running a store like that.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ditto.
    has anyone actually been in contact with him to find out what his plans are and get the details of the Grand Opening?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    What are your plans and details on a grand opening?
    Maybe he will respond!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck Gerald !!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! I hope I get a chance to visit it one day.

Congrats Gerald!

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic news! Hope to visit one day!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

This is such good news.
    Gerald's reputation I am sure precedes him. The breadth of knowledge and advice will be helpful to everyone.
    Above all a good old fashioned bookstore, somewhere to browse and actually view prior to purchase. All things move forward, however this return to good old fashioned marketing is very refreshing, especially with an expert on hand to assist.
    If we get lucky perhaps a bookstore in the UK when you expand?
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I live there and had no idea this was happening! Will be there opening day! If only to glance at that asbestos Firestarter in person Am looking forward to seeing what he has available. Although David will remain my #1 source it will be neat to walk into a brick and mortar store and look around like the good 'ole days.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Gerald! Now I found another reason to try and visit Bangor one day!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Like any new venture in life, there is always unknowns that cause delays, and the last few weeks had a few with family and other events. Please God they are sorted out now and I can move ahead with finishing off the remaining details and open in a few weeks. I will post more details as I get closer.

I am new to Twitter but you can see some interesting pieces that I will be making available by following me at @GWandSonBooks. The same goes for Facebook. As I unpack and sort through the collection, I will try to post new items that I haven't shown before. There will be very little that you all haven't seen here, as most things are known in this field, but hopefully new collectors and fans can have a chance to view unique items in person, that most of us take for granted everyday. To a new collector, a Limited copy of The Stand is probably one of the most beautiful examples of literature they will ever experience. Seeing photos on eBay never does it justice. To feel the weight of it, to smell the leather, running your fingers over the raised features on the spine, and the wooden coffin case, is a feeling that cannot be described in words. Its beauty is definitely in the beholding.

What I witnessed after buying a house in Bangor, and walking past Steve's each day, was the sheer volume of fans that visit religiously. License plates from all 50 states, and international visitors courtesy of Stu Tinker of SK Tours, is a testament to his following and people that love his books. For most, a simple paperback copy would get a lot of abuse from the constant readings, but it doesn't mean that the odd fan wouldn't like to see a bit more. Maybe they will be a customer, and maybe not, but just meeting fans and sharing stories of our favorite novels will be a treat in and of itself. Most places I have lived around the world, English is not the native language, so the chances of meeting book lovers there was slim. This is an opportunity of meeting like-minded individuals that love to talk about their favorite author.

Thank you all.
    Gerald

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only the very best of wishes and luck to you, Gerald!! As well as to your devoted student, your son!!! Good Luck and come this way west sometime!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Gerald and please keep us posted on when you might be opening. Really looking forward to stopping in!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald has been posting some nice items on his FB page...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations and good luck! Will surely visit you next time I go to Bangor!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow... Really need to drop by tdt.org more often than have lately.... Miss out on great, interesting things like this. Best to you with this venture Neo-T.

Will be watching for opening date and coordinating a special vacation to take advantage of direct flights to Bangor I keep have tempting me in email spam.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast