Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald Winters and Son, the new bookstore in Bangor

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too, just saw this thread. How exciting! Neo-Trinity doesn't know me from Adam, but I've always enjoyed reading his posts and appreciating his collecting knowledge. Good luck Gerald!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is FANTASTIC! My only regret is that I am sure I'll never go to Maine. I bought the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot' from him a couple of years ago and he was an absolute wonderful person to do business with. Wishing him and his son the BEST of luck!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just liked the Facebook page and WOW! Maine is definitely on my list of places to visit, and now I have another bookstore to see as well! Best of luck!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    This is FANTASTIC! My only regret is that I am sure I'll never go to Maine. I bought the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot' from him a couple of years ago and he was an absolute wonderful person to do business with. Wishing him and his son the BEST of luck!!!!!
    I'm sure he intends on some sort of online presence.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread is truly awesome, what great news! Best of luck Gerald!!!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Just visited Gerald's website. I think we can look forward to some rare items and amazing quality.
    Take the time to look at his copy of The Hobbit, I do not think I have seen a better first edition of this book.
    Alec.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Just visited Gerald's website. I think we can look forward to some rare items and amazing quality.
    Take the time to look at his copy of The Hobbit, I do not think I have seen a better first edition of this book.
    Alec.
    Did you visit the website, or his Facebook page?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Must be Facebook. The web site is still under construction.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Alec.
    Didn't he sell it, and the sale was a record auction?
    >>> http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/...on-auction.php
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone here get the signed Carrie?
    Looking forward to seeing what else that lady has to offer.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bet King will stop in here a time or two I hope to visit and also hope that there is some affordable items. I feel there will not be but one can wish right?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Many of the things that I saw with a price tag on them were very reasonable. *****THIS NEXT PART IS ONLY MY OPINION....PURE SPECULATION BASED ON WHAT I SAW**** I am speculating that most of his prices will be more in the "Betts Books" ballpark and not the "Veryfine Books" end of things. I could be wrong, and he is in business to make money, but that is the impression I got.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Many of the things that I saw with a price tag on them were very reasonable. *****THIS NEXT PART IS ONLY MY OPINION....PURE SPECULATION BASED ON WHAT I SAW**** I am speculating that most of his prices will be more in the "Betts Books" ballpark and not the "Veryfine Books" end of things. I could be wrong, and he is in business to make money, but that is the impression I got.
    That is really exciting news. I love how he outsourced a man hole cover from the city of Bangor for his shop to replicate the one from IT. This is so cool. I hope he makes a go of it and it is a staple spot to visit for all King collectors for a long time to come!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Press, good luck and Godspeed to you, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate the posts on his facebook page!
    >>> https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBooks/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stopped in today and I must say that it was pretty exciting to walk into a brick and mortar King centric book store. He has some great stuff already and not everything is even out for display yet! Not to mention he is a very nice guy with great collecting knowledge. We had a good chat. Even though it is sold he showed me the asbestos Firestarter, a beauty! Oh yeah and I picked up not one but three books I've been looking for. This place is going to be dangerous. Lol.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

It is surely a dangerous place. Luckly for me I live just far enough away (2 to 2 1/2 hours) that I can't just make a spur-of-the-moment decision to go visit. That should protect my wallet a little bit.
    At least until tomorrow, when I take my wife up to see the shop and meet Gerald.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    It is surely a dangerous place. Luckly for me I live just far enough away (2 to 2 1/2 hours) that I can't just make a spur-of-the-moment decision to go visit. That should protect my wallet a little bit.
    At least until tomorrow, when I take my wife up to see the shop and meet Gerald.
    You're lucky! Lol, I live about two minutes away. Not gonna be good! He asked if you and I knew each other and I said that we did indeed. Enjoy your visit tomorrow! Don't buy anything I might want. I got enough today

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Stopped in today and I must say that it was pretty exciting to walk into a brick and mortar King centric book store. He has some great stuff already and not everything is even out for display yet! Not to mention he is a very nice guy with great collecting knowledge. We had a good chat. Even though it is sold he showed me the asbestos Firestarter, a beauty! Oh yeah and I picked up not one but three books I've been looking for. This place is going to be dangerous. Lol.
    Sounds dangerous indeed!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta try and make a trip there!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

JMHO, but this guy is taking his shot at being THE Stephen King & Collectible store in, Maine. I really respect that. Doesn't mean I won't visit, Betts it just means I will visit BOTH to search for the books I crave!!!

Spoiler:
    I do have a "soft spot" for, David but would he really condemn me? LOL I applaud, Geralds' sense of STYLE!!! Competition is great for commerce!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish Gerald ALL SUCCESS in his venture in Bangor....I have no issues with his being in competition with me...the important thing for me ALWAYS is that certain books find new homes to those that want and appreciate them...if I can fascilitate that process, GREAT, if Gerald does it, that is GREAT too!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new venture, Gerald. I look forward to checking it out (online from the west coast, that is).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Had some out of town friends visiting for BanGOREfest this past weekend and of course I told them to check out the store. And of course I went with them and bought three more books.
    12 step program STAT!
    He has some amazing stuff. A few display only items including a Napkins 1st and 2nd draft along with original pencil sketches for the S/L. I personally don't collect proofs but he has a ton, many signed.
    After going back I would have to say that price wise he is a bit on the higher side. David has spoiled us I think! However, he seems willing to negotiate. The first time I went in and bought three pricier items I asked if he would knock a little off due to buying all three and he did. I'm in the middle of another possible purchase now.....
    With that being said, I will ALWAYS continue to see what David gets in because they both have different and sought after items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast