Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carnivale

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Carnivale

Did anyone watch this show when it was on? It was really fantastic, but HBO cancelled after its second season. If you can get it a good price, I highly reccommend getting the DVDs.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love this show. I really wish it lasted longer than it did. Especially because there was so much unanwered at the end.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

best show ever

Along the Path of the Beam childeluke is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

YES YES YES! I'm a carny. I've made over 30 people watch both seasons. I think i've watched through the series at least 6 times

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

one of the best shows ever made ever. hbo effed us good. two seasons? it died the same death as twin peaks!

i still have brother justin nightmares.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen this boxset for sale in my local supermarket...but won't I be really frustrated if I get into it?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I've seen this boxset for sale in my local supermarket...but won't I be really frustrated if I get into it?
    Yes, you will, but you'll still enjoy the hell out of it. Buy it!

I have season one and was gonna' get season two, but so far I haven't been able to find it at a good price. I saw the first season a couple months back for the first time. I have yet to see the second.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only had the pleasure of seeing a couple of episodes (from the 2nd season I believe). I thought it was awesome.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For a short time Amazon was selling both of them fro 20 bucks apiece...they're back to their regular price, but keep an eye out.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

the second season is better than the 1st, but the entire 2 seasons are incredible. The acting, the feel of the times, the buildup of an epic confrontation, and the music. all amazing.

darkthoughts, i think this show might be right up your alley.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

its definitely worth watching. good show.

HBO tends to piss me off when they end shows before they should like Carnivale (total cliffhanger ending) and Deadwood (not so much of a cliffhanger ending, but still...)
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

the cliffhanger was dan knauf's nice little fuck you present to hbo. they told him to wrap the story up in that last episode but he did it his way thinking he'd find a way to continue the series.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Cancelling Carnivale was almost the worst thing that HBO ever did. The worst thing they ever did was saying in a press release that they thought "The story had been told." I really don't see how they can sling taht big bag of bullshit around given how season 2 ended. :\

I want a Carnivale movie to wrap up the story like Joss Whedon did with Serenity.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Carnivale is awesome! I totally love Sampson, especially in the 2nd season. He's so kick ass.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

No p.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Argh. I have been trying to avoid this one, because it was canceled, but you are all taunting me with it now.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

It is still very much worth watching.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, sold!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ok, sold!
    Good! Now run and get it...NOW.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*runs*

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You won't regret it.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I want a Carnivale movie to wrap up the story like Joss Whedon did with Serenity.
    knauf won't do it, hbo offered him a movie and he said hell no, can't fit the next several seasons worth of story into one little movie.

yeah, i had also read somewhere that the entirety of the show is supposed to span almost 10 years? 5 or 6 seasons of storyline.

oh and for anyone who's already seen the show...

Spoiler:
    QUOTE ("Daniel Knauf")
    Of course you're owed something, but not a cheap slap in the face like
    a quick, bloodless rundown of what happens to the characters through
    the end of the story.

Carnivale has never been about the destination. After all, look
    around. We're all still here, so we know the devil didn't have his
    day and bring on Armegeddon, despite the successful tests at
    Alamogordo. The destination is self-evident.

You want to know the end of the story? Look in the mirror.

No, Carnivale is and always has been about the journey. And that is
    all in the telling.

In order to protect the telling, I won't ever release a "quick
    digest" of future plots. And it would be BS anyway if I did, because
    even though I may know the "recipe," the actual "cooking" happens in a
    room with other writers, all of whom add their own ingredients. And
    then there's the directors, who brings stuff to the party. And the
    department heads, of course. And the actors, who have a huge impact
    on interpreting the characters' behavior.

So I'll be taking a tip from J.K. Rowling, and the tale will stay
    inside my head until the opportunity comes around that will allow me
    to finish it and do it justice. Please do not ask me. My least
    favorite word in the English language is "no," but I'll use it. Again
    and again and again and isn't that boring? My lips are sealed.

All except for this because, damnit, it's just not fair to leave you
    hanging:

(SPOILER SPACE)

Neither Ben nor Justin are dead.

Jonesy recovers from the gunshot wound.

D.

i think that's kinda neat.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike: its 6 seasons, and theyre already written and ready to go. I get itchy thinking about it.

Yeah, there's alot of material out there from HBO regarding Carnivale - HBO execs loved the series aswell - according to their economic policy a 2nd season should never have been made because of the poor ratings of the first but they gave it another chance and tried to get it going but it remained with cult ratings only Who knows, the only thing that would ever bring it back was if HBO had success with similarly themed shows in the future, you know, anything for them to go "Carnivale might sell now". Its a crying shame, though

I'm going to move this to Fedic as it isn't a horror show.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's just disappointing to hear that they have the whole series planned out, and no one was willing to pick it up. Did they try many other networks after HBO cancelled it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast