Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    It doesn't matter how many WERE produced - now they know there's demand and can produce as many as they want. It's not like SK signed it - it's basically reprinting a movie poster.

Anybody who paid more than a couple hundred has made a big mistake. If they reprint these for the other Comic Cons, it will destroy the market that barely existed in the first place.

(I guess you wouldn't get a Beryl Evans signature - maybe that will matter to a few people)
    But it DOES matter how many are produced. IT is the whole point on this... supply and demand. If there was only a 150 then the crazy prices may not seem so crazy...... they sure do now knowing that there are over 500 out there...
    I think he is saying it does not matter how many were made on the first print run because they can make more tomorrow....and the day after that,......and the day after that....and odds are they will be identical to the first print run.
    Exactly - they'll print more at other Comic-Cons, and then print more when the movie comes out (if they want) and just print and print and print.

It's just a goofy collectible for word-of-mouth. They're probably surprised there's demand for it too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It doesn't matter how many WERE produced - now they know there's demand and can produce as many as they want. It's not like SK signed it - it's basically reprinting a movie poster.

Anybody who paid more than a couple hundred has made a big mistake. If they reprint these for the other Comic Cons, it will destroy the market that barely existed in the first place.

(I guess you wouldn't get a Beryl Evans signature - maybe that will matter to a few people)
    But it DOES matter how many are produced. IT is the whole point on this... supply and demand. If there was only a 150 then the crazy prices may not seem so crazy...... they sure do now knowing that there are over 500 out there...
    I think he is saying it does not matter how many were made on the first print run because they can make more tomorrow....and the day after that,......and the day after that....and odds are they will be identical to the first print run.
    Exactly - they'll print more at other Comic-Cons, and then print more when the movie comes out (if they want) and just print and print and print.

It's just a goofy collectible for word-of-mouth. They're probably surprised there's demand for it too.
    Sort of brings to mind the clamor over the "Dark Score Lake" Phonographs not too long ago. Still, it is TDT related and therefore more desirable to hard core fans than other King works.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Dark Score Lake sales reached more than 200 dollars per copy. I was unable to get one since I wasn't gonna pay that much.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I agree. Dark Score Lake sales reached more than 200 dollars per copy. I was unable to get one since I wasn't gonna pay that much.

Yep, as I recall I got the "DVD" portion free from my Brother in law, but had to go $250 for the phonograph. lol lol What we king collectors get ourselves into!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone (Bill or Ari?) fill me in on the Dark Score thing? I am unaware.. thanks in advance!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone (Bill or Ari?) fill me in on the Dark Score thing? I am unaware.. thanks in advance!
    It was a promo for A&E's Bag Of Bones.

https://firewireblog.com/2011/11/22/...aph-press-kit/

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It was a promo for A&E's Bag Of Bones.

https://firewireblog.com/2011/11/22/...aph-press-kit/

Thanks! And they were hard to get?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Dark Score Stories was a photo album promo that came out in association with the Bag of Bones miniseries.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got that item directly from the TV Channel. What I didn't get was the Coffee table book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got that item directly from the TV Channel. What I didn't get was the Coffee table book.
    LOL I was vice versa. My brother in law did work for A&E and sent me the DVD portion for Xmas. Then I had to hunt dowm the phonograph. And a working one at that. many didn't actually work as I recall.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, that phonograph was cool. I remember being so happy when I found one lol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    LOL I was vice versa. My brother in law did work for A&E and sent me the DVD portion for Xmas. Then I had to hunt dowm the phonograph. And a working one at that. many didn't actually work as I recall.
    They actually played? WOW! I never knew that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

To my knowledge the Dark Score Stories book is the hardest to find (not sure how many were printed?) But I never found one on the 2nd hand market (EBAY or internet searches) Just now did another Bookfinder.com. search with 0 results. When BAD PENNY sold off his collection (With David at Betts) I went through his collection images & discovered lurking there was a copy of the elusive book. This RARE GEM was Not included in the Bett's inventory. I am so PLEASED that HIS book now resides in my collection.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    They actually played? WOW! I never knew that.
    The music played (I think the dummy record also spun-not sure about that), but it wasn't a working record player. If you look at the pics, you can see the arm doesn't move to actually set it on the LP.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The music played (I think the dummy record also spun-not sure about that), but it wasn't a working record player. If you look at the pics, you can see the arm doesn't move to actually set it on the LP.
    Yeah, it was a microchip player, like in a greeting card, and the turntable spun.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those Dark Score Stories books too. Still in the shrink wrap.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And for information, the "player" is in cardboard, but still pretty nice !
    The DARK SCORE STORIES includes a nicely written intro by Mick Garris, and I believe that he signed the books.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    And for information, the "player" is in cardboard, but still pretty nice !
    The DARK SCORE STORIES includes a nicely written intro by Mick Garris, and I believe that he signed the books.
    PRINTED SIGNATURE ONLY.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

That book had some fun photos with my site Lilja's Library in them:

Here are some of the stuff that was actaully used in the book:

And I even got this fake book:

Signed by Pierce Brosnan as Mike Noonan.

Lilja

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I wonder if a copy/prop of it will somehow make it into the film(s)?
    Its an absolute certainty it will be in the film.
    I read the script (I finished it last night) and nothing was mentioned. It might still appear, but it'd be just an "easter egg" than something that plays a part in the movie.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I wonder if a copy/prop of it will somehow make it into the film(s)?
    Its an absolute certainty it will be in the film.
    I read the script (I finished it last night) and nothing was mentioned. It might still appear, but it'd be just an "easter egg" than something that plays a part in the movie.
    Ari, you read the script to the movie they are filming now? Can I ask two things? 1) How did you come to receive it? and 2) what do you think being a massive King fan.... do you like what you read?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A contact shared it with me.

Without spoiling anything please don't expect an adaptation but a spin-off. That's more accurate. One of the six EW SDCC articles pretty much sumarizes the movie. It'll probably be a good film for non DT readers but DT fans will probably complain.

A LOT.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Without spoiling anything please don't expect an adaptation but a spin-off. That's more accurate. One of the six EW SDCC articles pretty much sumarizes the movie. It'll probably be a good film for non DT readers but DT fans will probably complain.

A LOT.
    I have seen or heard nothing about the movie that kindles a single spark of interest in me. Movies almost always are a let down to me if I have read and really liked the book that came before. Heck, I even liked Kinsella's Shoeless Joe better than the movie Field of Dreams.

I'll probably catch The Dark Tower on HBO someday.

Country
    Country Flag

A LOT.
    WOW.. that is a heavy statement. lol Doesn't sound like we all here will be too happy
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast