Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Where did you come up with that number? SHOW ME... A print run of 43,100 just does not make sense to me.
    Brian stated the numbers in the CD thread.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You found it....He also stated on 12/21/16 that was the number printed SO FAR & we now know as of that date they were already printing & CD was already sending out 3rd editions & just how large was the 2nd edition run? So that does not mean that the 1st print run for S&S was 49,600.IMHO
    Spoiler:
    COME ON to the NORMAL public this is a KIDS book by an UNKOWN author with a Stephen King quote on the cover.
    Spoiler:
    Just how many people give printed books to kids at Xmas anymore? DID YOU?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank You found it....He also stated on 12/21/16 that was the number printed SO FAR & we now know as of that date they were already printing & CD was already sending out 3rd editions & just how large was the 2nd edition run? So that does not mean that the 1st print run for S&S was 49,600.IMHO

I gave you the best credible number(s) available.
    If you have more accurate numbers available, please share. Otherwise asking the question, receiving the answer, then questioning the response is bad form.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, Not you, but other members openly questioned the 300 copies at the SDCC. Perhaps more were printed, but I challenge you (and webstar1000) to find the "Extra" copies for less than $600 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I can't share complete details of what I've been told, but here's what I can share about this "UK" stickered edition of CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO:

"Both were both printed at the same bindery in the US. There were 6,500 copies impacted by this issue out of the 49,600 printed so far."

Best,
    Brian
    I'm sorry you find my question offensive...I'm just telling you what I interpret from his statement. There is no mention of a 1st print run just books printed so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that quote does read like the 49,600 is the complete print run so far not just the first printing however that would make the 6,500 anomaly even more crazy. If you say 20,000 per printing that means 25% of the first printing would have been the derailed version and it certainly seems that they are not that common. But they are for sure in the third printing and I really doubt that they are selling at a rate crazy enough that 100,000 copies have been sold so far. The dark tower is not King's highest seller.

The first printing of this book is just over 30,000 copies (this would include the Anomaly printing), according to my publisher source direct from Simon and Schuster.

Now this print run # makes more sense from Dave Hinchberger at Overlook Connection.... 30,000 less 6,500 for the U.K. leaving 23,500 less 500 for SDCC = 23,000 1st edition print run. That is why they had to go into 2nd & 3rd print runs so soon. "This statement is NOT PROVEN FACT".
    It's just my H O.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found a error copy with the sticker instead of barcode at my local Books o Millions store. Going to try Barnes and Noble next.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first printing of this book is just over 30,000 copies (this would include the Anomaly printing), according to my publisher source direct from Simon and Schuster.

Now this print run # makes more sense from Dave Hinchberger at Overlook Connection.... 30,000 less 6,500 for the U.K. leaving 23,500 less 500 for SDCC = 23,000 1st edition print run. That is why they had to go into 2nd & 3rd print runs so soon. "This statement is NOT PROVEN FACT".
    It's just my H O.
    I found Dave to be a little deceptive in the fact that he knew of the 30,000 but not the exact number of the cancelled UK copies.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I see now the book is being listed as Charlie the Choo-Choo: From the world of the Dark Tower.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Weird. Is that a different edition that has that?

Just shows up that way now... when you do a search on Amazon ect. Nothing new ON the book itself.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #403 and am looking for #186. The slipcase and book didn't fare so well but the print is fine.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I got #781, would love #53 but I'm not holding my breath.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love #296 and/or #415

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I found three more of the "anomaly" edition and I can offer them to people here for $45 shipped media mail, US shipping only.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Not looking for one..But has anybody seen a 2nd printing?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy from CD just arrived, and it's the cancelled UK trade hardcover with the re-stickered ISBN.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^lucky you!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    My copy from CD just arrived, and it's the cancelled UK trade hardcover with the re-stickered ISBN.
    Nice grab, B!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a seller on eBay with 5 UK limited CTCCs he's selling for $50 + $4 shipping. I'd post the link but it's hard to do with my phone.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Link ($4 shipping-cheap), 3 left:
    Stephen King - Beryl Evans - CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO - limited ed BIN $50

FYI, down the road, $50 is IMO too much, but seeing my copy languish in Customs at San Francisco for weeks is annoying.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

FYI, down the road, $50 is IMO too much, but seeing my copy languish in Customs at San Francisco for weeks is annoying.
    What price do you think these will settle at?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Missed it!!! I'm in the market for one of these if anyone has them for sale. Take pity on the foolish man? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

What price do you think these will settle at?

$49...

Being a smart ass.

~$35 three years or less down the road.

Quote me now, and check back January 2020.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast