Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    All good points and possibilities. But he now readily signs the Richard Bachman books so he likely would sign Charlie books, IMO.
    That's true. If he refused, I think it would be more of a goof than an actual unwillingness to sign it. Kind of like a funny extension of the promo. He'll sign one eventually, though, and somebody will put it on eBay, and that will be an awesome auction to follow! I think we will all be surprised at where the final price point ends up, one way or another.
    Would we be too surprised if it sold for less than a "Beryl Evans" signed SDCC copy? With those selling recently in the $1500 range (up to nearly $2000) it would shock me if a King signed copy topped that.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What I'm confused about is that ... these people are willing to spend this kind of money on this type of book ... yet they don't belong to the #1 King collecting group on the internet? Who are these people?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe most of them are not King collectors. Maybe they're in the movie industry.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Would we be too surprised if it sold for less than a "Beryl Evans" signed SDCC copy? With those selling recently in the $1500 range (up to nearly $2000) it would shock me if a King signed copy topped that.
    I would be very surprised if a copy signed by King sold for less than 2000, or basically less than the highest price paid for a Beryl Evans signed copy. There are probably other types of collectors vying for a copy, but I think the high final auction price points alone are indicative of a healthy number of competitive King collectors being involved. Say what you want about this being a promo item, but it is still a book-format Dark Tower collectible, which means there are plenty of serious King collectors interested in having a copy. Come on, it's Charlie the Choo Choo in the flesh! Straight out of the Dark Tower world. One signed by King is going to be somebody's pride and joy at some point, and they are going to pay a pretty penny for it.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My advice...WAIT...there are 350 still to be distributed almost 2.5x amount given away at Comic Con...You should be able to get these at $350 or less.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    My advice...WAIT...there are 350 still to be distributed almost 2.5x amount given away at Comic Con...You should be able to get these at $350 or less.
    100% agree.. and I bet there are MORE than 350...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly there are still hundreds of New Lieutenant's Rap's waiting to be distributed too.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The fact against a lower price of the item is that there are more collectors than just SK ones.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Supposedly there are still hundreds of New Lieutenant's Rap's waiting to be distributed too.
    Hahahaha, an excellent and foreboding point
    Looking for:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And 50 remarqued Little Sisters of Eluria
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    What I'm confused about is that ... these people are willing to spend this kind of money on this type of book ... yet they don't belong to the #1 King collecting group on the internet? Who are these people?
    I don't there are "other" people. I think our only competition are King collectors. Those in attendance at the SDCC are just making a buck off the rest of us. I was there a couple of years ago and got Monster High dolls for my daughters and picked up some to sell on eBay later on. I made a killing, but I think I was selling to Monster High collectors, whoever they are, and not to some phantom SDCC collector. Just my opinion. When the others are released, I agree that the price will come down. I am going to Boston Comic Con this weekend and I keep hoping that King will release some more!

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

How do you know there are 350 left to be distributed? I have only heard about 150 copies.

Lilja

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also got confirmation that 500 were produced.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

OK, so that probably means that they will do something like this at New York Comic Con as well...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I also got confirmation that 500 were produced.
    Ill bet there was more than than. There was prob that many to be distributed but I know a many that have gotten copies much like a PC...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It doesn't matter how many WERE produced - now they know there's demand and can produce as many as they want. It's not like SK signed it - it's basically reprinting a movie poster.

Anybody who paid more than a couple hundred has made a big mistake. If they reprint these for the other Comic Cons, it will destroy the market that barely existed in the first place.

(I guess you wouldn't get a Beryl Evans signature - maybe that will matter to a few people)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    It doesn't matter how many WERE produced - now they know there's demand and can produce as many as they want. It's not like SK signed it - it's basically reprinting a movie poster.

Anybody who paid more than a couple hundred has made a big mistake. If they reprint these for the other Comic Cons, it will destroy the market that barely existed in the first place.

(I guess you wouldn't get a Beryl Evans signature - maybe that will matter to a few people)
    But it DOES matter how many are produced. IT is the whole point on this... supply and demand. If there was only a 150 then the crazy prices may not seem so crazy...... they sure do now knowing that there are over 500 out there...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

But it DOES matter how many are produced. IT is the whole point on this... supply and demand. If there was only a 150 then the crazy prices may not seem so crazy...... they sure do now knowing that there are over 500 out there...
    I think he is saying it does not matter how many were made on the first print run because they can make more tomorrow....and the day after that,......and the day after that....and odds are they will be identical to the first print run.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

They could print (or reprint) as many as they wanted but I don't see why they would be motivated to do so. They handed out 150 or so at SDCC and we have reports that the print run was 500. But they are not selling them....they are giving them away free. Sure there is a demand (frenzy might be a more appropriate word) but the producers aren't getting any of the sales money. I guess it all goes back to promoting the movie, word of mouth, publicity, etc. But I just don't see why they would rush right back to the printer for more copies. Or am I missing something obvious?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one fail to see how this is promoting the movie.

I am not arguing that this is not the intent of the people that put out the book (I have heard it was Sony)....but how does handing out what appears to be a children's book with no mention of the movie in it a promotion?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I for one fail to see how this is promoting the movie.

I am not arguing that this is not the intent of the people that put out the book (I have heard it was Sony)....but how does handing out what appears to be a children's book with no mention of the movie in it a promotion?
    I don't understand how it promotes the movie either, but that is the only possible reason I could think of for this stunt. What are your thoughts regarding the corporate motives for publishing and handing out this book? I'm stumped. But, in the same vein, I can't see how printing even more copies to hand out freely at conventions does anything for the corporate bottom line.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe once a high open market value is established, they'll giveaway copies to like the first 100 people to buy tickets to the movie and then giveaway another 100 to random movie theatre patrons on Friday nights or something to try to get more people to go see the movie. Just a random thought. Or maybe they just want to generate excitement and increased attendance at subsequent Comic Cons where they're advertising the movie.
    Looking for:

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it does have us talking about it...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's (Choo Choo book) a stunt. We have a thread about the "Sombra Group". It's the new marketing for a movie. $1 million dollars for physical and digital promotional stuff is nothing (small potatoes) to Sony and other producers of the movie.
    One had to watch a spider video for several minutes, then catch a QR code, freeze the video, then use a phone to find out it was a long (poem, statement, not sure).

The SDCC was so cheap for them. Wild guess but $5k to the original artist, $2K to modify/add the art. $2K (max) to print 500 books. $1K to "Beryl Evans" to sign for an hour or two.

Free marketing for King freaks (like us) came from with SK tweeting while holding a copy of the book.

"Priceless".

$10K for the book promo is .0005 of the $20+ million dollar movie budget.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's (Choo Choo book) a stunt. We have a thread about the "Sombra Group". It's the new marketing for a movie. $1 million dollars for physical and digital promotional stuff is nothing (small potatoes) to Sony and other producers of the movie.
    One had to watch a spider video for several minutes, then catch a QR code, freeze the video, then use a phone to find out it was a long (poem, statement, not sure).

The SDCC was so cheap for them. Wild guess but $5k to the original artist, $2K to modify/add the art. $2K (max) to print 500 books. $1K to "Beryl Evans" to sign for an hour or two.

Free marketing for King freaks (like us) came from with SK tweeting while holding a copy of the book.

"Priceless".

$10K for the book promo is .0005 of the $20+ million dollar movie budget.
    Totally agree with this. I think it is brilliant on their part... subtle marketing. I do it here at work ALL THE TIME. You stop in for your order and you leave with a pen (that has my brand and phone/website on it)... not that much different.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast