Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for those pictures.

(If you ever get tired of those books laying around and taking up valuable space you can send them here, no charge)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics. Interesting the matte (UK limited) finish versus gloss finish.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Here are some pics of my copies of Charlie The Choo-Choo so you can see the diferences between the four different editions:

SDCC version is glossy while the regular edition isn't.

Ari, which one (edition) is the number line that counts down to 1?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Great pics. Interesting the matte (UK limited) finish versus gloss finish.
    Might be a UV coat. Wish I could see in person to be sure. Love when that is done. Looks really nice.... we got so many requests we had to buy a machine to meet demand!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Here are some pics of my copies of Charlie The Choo-Choo so you can see the diferences between the four different editions:

SDCC version is glossy while the regular edition isn't.

Ari, which one (edition) is the number line that counts down to 1?
    That should be the anomaly edition with the sticker on the back, I believe.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's correct, Dan. 10 down to 1.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did your copies finally arrive?
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not from Waterstones. These two were bought from George Beahm on an ebay auction.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Shipped December 13,2016 last year made it the state next door on
    January 9, 2017 , 9:02 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

That train was seriously delayed. any guesses on the condition of the books when they finally arrive?
    2nd time around...but to good to pass up.
    Spoiler:
    SHIT! and I have all those S/L books up here in the cab for safekeeping & it looks like rain.
    books arrived all smashed and ruined. even the posters did not survive. came with a nice note from the post office apologizing for the destruction. OOH WELL 3 less on the 1000 count. ebay here i come.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

That train was seriously delayed. any guesses on the condition of the books when they finally arrive?
    Spoiler:
    SHIT! and I have all those S/L books up here in the cab for safekeeping & it looks like rain.
    books arrived all smashed and ruined. even the posters did not survive. came with a nice note from the post office apologizing for the destruction. OOH WELL 3 less on the 1000 count. ebay here i come.
    Perhaps you could reply in the other thread as to what print #'s (if readable) were damaged.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not from Waterstones. These two were bought from George Beahm on an ebay auction.
    I just missed George's auction. Any for sale?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    From George, or from me?

I can't speak for George, but I'm still waiting for my Waterstones copy to arrive before making any decisions.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    From George, or from me?

I can't speak for George, but I'm still waiting for my Waterstones copy to arrive before making any decisions.
    Ok. Was curious if you were going to sell. I know George is all out.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

Spoiler:
    Perhaps you could reply in the other thread as to what print #'s (if readable) were damaged.

Just curious, is there any thread where we keep track of destroyed, lost or damaged beyond collectiblility limited editions? I know I have a CD Carrie gift edition that is aged beyond desirability.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

Spoiler:

Did not even think to check #'s I refused the shipment (in a plastic bag) and said "RETURN TO SENDER" Sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Out of the 1000... what do you guys think survived in perfect shape? 60%? 70%?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT WAS SMART MOVE.. i did not act quick enough on that Ebay auction.. and when I spoke with George found he had sold out. He also found one of the ten he ordered was destroyed in shipping.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The USPS is crazy. My book was sent from San Francisco customs to Atlanta GA and is now on it's way back to me. 8,626 miles from London to San Francisco. 5,000 round trip San Francisco to Atlanta, GA.
    That is half the circumference of the planet. No doubt with all of that handling, the package will be damaged; probably run over by a forklift twice.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many packages can say they have tire treads from London, Atlanta, SF and all points in between. Might ask your mail carrier to run over it too - just to be a completist.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The USPS is crazy. My book was sent from San Francisco customs to Atlanta GA and is now on it's way back to me. 8,626 miles from London to San Francisco. 5,000 round trip San Francisco to Atlanta, GA.
    That is half the circumference of the planet. No doubt with all of that handling, the package will be damaged; probably run over by a forklift twice.
    And a train for good Measure. Maybe Charlie was trying to deliver it himself and got angry when they didn't like him anymore

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Out of the 1000... what do you guys think survived in perfect shape? 60%? 70%?
    Probably more, it seems the problem is most localized in the US. It seems that Canuck copies arrived fine and I bet the UK copies are alright as well. Still the number will be staggeringly high for a just released book. I wouldn't be surprised at around 200 damaged world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    How many packages can say they have tire treads from London, Atlanta, SF and all points in between. Might ask your mail carrier to run over it too - just to be a completist.
    This guy!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Waterstone was kind enough to refund the £12.50 shipping charge.
    <------------Crosses fingers that in 6-10 days the book arrives safely.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps your package was in hiding from the forklift and will arrive pristine....
    It seems to have taken a different route..
    Hoping you have better luck and you can toot your whistle when Charlie ends his journey.

is that just too sickening optimism?

T.S. Eliot -

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    At this point, to be a true completist, you should take it to SK - if he runs it over, then you have a true collectible.

[As far as strange requests for SK go, I would like to have him write "BOO" (that's all - no signature, no date, nothing identifying him, just "BOO") inside my very old paperback of The Stand - I would know who wrote it and that would be enough.]
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast