Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I ordered two but I think I'm missing something. That's the extra page. What makes it so special?
    Not missing anything. Its just a bookplate in a regular UK H&S children's book. Don't know if it was signed by a lacky at Hodder or Waterstones. At least it only cost £20.
    Do you have one? An Ebay auction shows a slipcase and a signed print (not a book plate).
    Yes I have one. It has a slipcase and an insert which I would class as a bookplate.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The "insert" or "bookplate" has never been over the pond, so nobody from the USA signed it. Waterstones have had many "signed" king 1/700 editions over the years. King or anyone from his family have never touched them.

The 1/700 Waterstones facsimile editions normally sell in the UK for less than 50% of issue price, and I see this being the same as all the other Watersones editions.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Going way out on the metaphysical limb here but it could be argued that Tabitha is Claudia Inez Y Bachman, and as Mrs. Bachman was also an author of Charlie the Choo-Choo, albeit on another level of the Tower.....

Anyone have a signature of Tabitha's to compare?
    I like that.

RF? Any close theories?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Going way out on the metaphysical limb here but it could be argued that Tabitha is Claudia Inez Y Bachman, and as Mrs. Bachman was also an author of Charlie the Choo-Choo, albeit on another level of the Tower.....

That's what I'd guessed when they announced the SDCC signing. Wrong that time, this maybe you'll be right!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The "insert" or "bookplate" has never been over the pond, so nobody from the USA signed it. Waterstones have had many "signed" king 1/700 editions over the years. King or anyone from his family have never touched them.

The 1/700 Waterstones facsimile editions normally sell in the UK for less than 50% of issue price, and I see this being the same as all the other Watersones editions.
    Weren't they in UK/Europe for a fairly recent tour? Someone could have signed it then.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Rabbit Trick;
    "Not missing anything. Its just a bookplate in a regular UK H&S children's book. Don't know if it was signed by a lacky at Hodder or Waterstones. At least it only cost £20."

Mr Misinformation Strikes again! 1st off it's a "PRINT" (not a bookplate) that is stated right on the ( I assume) sticker on the front.
    2nd This is not just a regular U.K. H&S 1st edition... The price printed on this "1,000 LIMITED EDITION" is 20.00 BPS & the ISBN is 9781444939880 as the 1st Edition has a price of 12.99 BPS & the ISBN is 987144493989873.
    2nd Just what or who is your source for the information about this Print not being sent across the pond for signing? & if they know that...Then they must know who DID sign them.

BOOKPLATE by definition is made to be pasted in a book.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weren't they in UK/Europe for a fairly recent tour? Someone could have signed it then.
    Joe was definitely there promoting/signing The Fireman; Alan obtained a copy for me. Seeing how he only prints his sig, he must have horrible handwriting or that is just his bag, I have my doubts it was him. I'm leaning towards Tabitha/Owen though myself if indeed it came from within the King camp. Pure speculation on my part as I have no source of info outside of you guys .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went to 3 different Barnes & Noble stores today. All issues were the standard S&S edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Went to 3 different Barnes & Noble stores today. All issues were the standard S&S edition.
    Most of us probably missed the boat unless you want to pay through the nose for it. I didn't find anything with a quick scan of eBay either. Most were only posting 1 stock photo and I didn't take the time to inquire further. I'd think they'd pop up at some point though well below what Dave's asking.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Looks like the Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. 1st edition will have a "as featured in Stephen Kings The Dark Tower" sticker or printed label on the cover.
    The QUESTION now is featured in the movie or the book series?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Joe was definitely there promoting/signing The Fireman; Alan obtained a copy for me. Seeing how he only prints his sig, he must have horrible handwriting or that is just his bag, I have my doubts it was him. I'm leaning towards Tabitha/Owen though myself if indeed it came from within the King camp. Pure speculation on my part as I have no source of info outside of you guys .
    That would be expensive to send 1000 copies accross the pond to have them signed, while the entire books only cost £20

But then I wonder what may Jerome have said and retracted :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

We are only talking about I,000 sheets of paper...Not 1,000 books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a signature of a fake author. No one is going to spend any money having someone special sign it when it's a fictitious author.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    It's a signature of a fake author. No one is going to spend any money having someone special sign it when it's a fictitious author.
    Richard Bachman....? Or was you prompting a response? Or mean not worth hodders paying someone to do this?

But £20 is ok for a slipcase limited version. I'm happy with that.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of all the theories being tossed around whether any of them are true or not, this is my favorite!

Country
    Country Flag

And mine.

Rf say it's true!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Richard Bachman....? Or was you prompting a response? Or mean not worth hodders paying someone to do this?

But £20 is ok for a slipcase limited version. I'm happy with that.
    I can see where Johnny is coming from. I love my S/L copy of The Regulators, but the signature of Richard Bachman isn't "real" since he is not a real person. Yes, it was signed by SK, but it is not his signature. I have a Robert Galbraith book signed by J.K. Rowling as Galbraith, and I feel the same way. He isn't a real person. The Lorien Legacies (I am Number Four, etc.) were written by three people, but signed books are by the "author" Pittacus Lore. Again, not a real person. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on pseudonym signatures.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy pseudonym signatures. They are real signatures (usually) from the real person writing the books, whether or not they are using their real name. That pseudonym is part of their personality.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like them as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess my point was, why have them signed by someone special and not advertise it? Why bother going through the time and cost involved in getting someone related to him when it's still not the author? It's highly unlikely that this was anyone special and very likely that it was one or two employees of the publishing company. Enjoy the book for what it is because it's still cool.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I got #982, which adds up to 19 and therefore my copy is signed by King.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    By the way, I got #982, which adds up to 19 and therefore my copy is signed by King.
    FACT

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Country
    Country Flag

I guess my point was, why have them signed by someone special and not advertise it? Why bother going through the time and cost involved in getting someone related to him when it's still not the author? It's highly unlikely that this was anyone special and very likely that it was one or two employees of the publishing company. Enjoy the book for what it is because it's still cool.
    It would be nice to know either way. I just don't get all the secretiveness.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Why bother paying for such unadvertised signature. You may as well get an intern or intern team sign them all...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast