Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2016 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

The season begins THURSDAY, September 8, 2016. NO late registration!!!!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pickem site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up. Trust me, it’s worth it!!!! If you joined in on the other ESPN contests earlier this year, that profile will work. In fact, as a bonus to joining us in the Pigskin picks, you’ll be able to easily compete in other contests such as March Madness and College Bowl Mania (you might even win a trophy!).

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pi...p?groupID=2043

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. The contest will end at the conclusion of the regular season.

4. At the end of the regular season, whoever has the best Win/Loss record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

GET...
    IN...
    THE GAME!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Mediocrity!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Go Mediocrity!!!!!
    If only I were good enough to accomplish that...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

UHG...and i thought the "hawks" sold their Defense LAST season!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how come I can't see the place to join the group with the password? When I click on the link, I don't have the option. And I am signed in...

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just had the same issue. And it says the players are "locked."

Country
    Country Flag

When you click the link, there is a blue "Play for Free" button (not sure why they use this terminology). Then you should be able to join the group. The "locked" means players can join the group up until the first regular season game.

Let me know if you figure it out....

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That worked. Thanks.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like trophies.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!! Thanks for organizing again, Bill!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I'm in!! Thanks for organizing again, Bill!
    You're welcome. Just under 2 weeks to go time!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my awesomely bad picks in😜
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

GUNZUP4LIFE = BROWNINGS CHILDE
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also in. Thanks for setting this up. I hope I don't embarrass myself.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in !
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm in. Last year I started off bad, then started gaining some ground, then forgot to pick one week, and just gave up.

Funny, don't think I needed to enter the password to join. Maybe because I was in it last year?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - an even 20 players at this point. I suspect we'll gain a couple of more. Get your picks in before next Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Wow - an even 20 players at this point. I suspect we'll gain a couple of more. Get your picks in before next Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't bother, the law of averages says I'm gonna mop the floor with you guys this year!!! lol lol lol

Spoiler:
    Mediocrity, here I come!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Week 1 picks made. Go Broncos!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in and first weeks picked.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - 25 strong this year!!! My chances of a trophy decrease each day. Although, it may have been zero from the start!

Get your pick in!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope everyone makes great picks each and every week. No more mediocrity talk -- I want everyone to kick some butt! And yeah, the 1st place trophy can be sent to the same place as last year! Seriously, good luck to all!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahem........I dare say I seem to be having a good week so far!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started off with some definite mediocrity! ARGH!!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast