+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One day baby, we'll be old

Ash seeketh embers razz has a spectacular aura about razz has a spectacular aura about razz's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Default One day baby, we'll be old

I'm generally shit at these but this one formed in my head this morning, probably either painfully obvious or too poorly structured to work, but here goes.

We’ve met before but you didn’t know it
    Our encounter was more than you could stomach
    If you look for me you may not find
    But I’m in your sight and I’m on your mind
    I am a bookshelf, I am a snake
    I make man plant and animal quake
    If I wanted you to, you would die
    But on your suffering I rely
    Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark. . . what could possibly await us?
    And yet, we seek it, insatiably. Such is our fate. . .

Rabid Billybumbler ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai's Avatar

Virus?
    "If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."
    ~Toni Morrison

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pain?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Ash seeketh embers razz has a spectacular aura about razz has a spectacular aura about razz's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Virus?
    Close, but no.
    Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark. . . what could possibly await us?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin people like to rub elbows with me stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cancer?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but you're all thinking along the right lines.

Rabid Billybumbler ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai's Avatar

Was pain correct?
    "If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."
    ~Toni Morrison

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you write this riddle razz?

I like it.

The line " I make man plant and animal quake" may be a key.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While I have no clue to the answer...I like this.

It appears well constructed and thought out.
    This appears that thought and skill were used.
    I suspect there may have been some " research" too.

Without knowing the answer...this may be a display of art... a skill.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Mid-life crisis..

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it hunger?

Country
    Country Flag

Bacterium or microbes in general?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Bacterium or microbes in general?
    You're on the right track with biology, but think of a more specialized concept.

Country
    Country Flag

A specific process...like digestion...respiration... or a specific microbe?

Country
    Country Flag

The Kreb's cycle? Citrus cycle? Production of ATP?... electron transport chain?

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Constipation?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

DNA?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    DNA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Constipation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The Kreb's cycle? Citrus cycle? Production of ATP?... electron transport chain?
    All incorrect.

Typically how long should one way before revealing the answer, if at all?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe too early to reveal the answer.
    A little hint is always appreciated

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Maybe too early to reveal the answer.
    A little hint is always appreciated
    I don't know, I think a hint would only benefit one of us.

subtle hint.

Country
    Country Flag

Vaccine??

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

Birth and/or death?

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Some kind of worm? Ringworm, tapeworm etc?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hunger
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hunger
    Guessed at post 12, I just assumed it was wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast