Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Fan Art Rules

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Fan Art Rules

I had a great suggestion from the Grillslinger about writing up some size and other considerations rules for this forum.

I am going to get with Aaron about it but I wanted to establish a thread.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Should we have a different thread for SK artwork thagt not from DT?

Or do we want DT only?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not opposed to any artwork from SK books. I kind of consider everything he has written about the Dark Tower in some way or another.

Any suggestions you have on how to structure this would be great

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You could maybe break it down book by book so that you know which artwork is in each book and even get it in the same order as it comes in each book, if you wished to take it that far??
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a great idea Red--its a complex situation so I am trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Right now, I am thinking that the pages will have to go to a "showcase" format at some point that could be rotated so we don't end up with 40,000 pages on the subject.

However, there is still plenty of room now so I will be putting up the other piece posted here tonight.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

What about misc. ar and music not related to King at all, such as my www.paganblues.com?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

beijmanli

A friend is easier

Spam post removed.

Traveler astifledchance is on a distinguished road astifledchance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are icons or avatars welcome? I've made a bunch mostly from the comic books but a few from book artwork as well. I don't know if that constitutes fan art or not..My avatar is one of them to give you some reference.

bangoskank1

you could always just throw the friggin artwork up there already and lets enjoy....

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Start a thread and put them in!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by astifledchance View Post
    Are icons or avatars welcome? I've made a bunch mostly from the comic books but a few from book artwork as well. I don't know if that constitutes fan art or not..My avatar is one of them to give you some reference.
    I love the one you have. Feel free to post some more artwork if you like

Traveler astifledchance is on a distinguished road astifledchance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to putting them into the fan art section. Enjoy!

Traveler gatorsae is on a distinguished road

Thought I would post a link to this guys site. He seems to be from Poland and loves SK. Lots of cool SK art, especially The Dark Tower stuff. He even has 19 somewhere in the image in most of his other art not having to do with SK.

http://www.darekkocurek.com/de

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey gatorsae, welcome to the site! I think that link is posted up around here somewhere else as well.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is somewhere here and he is a member too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That guy's artwork is incredible.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*