Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    When I saw that you posted in this thread, I knew it was going to be the SNL sketch. Nice!
    I am so predictable

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    When I saw that you posted in this thread, I knew it was going to be the SNL sketch. Nice!
    I am so predictable
    Not at all. I was going to post it if you didn't.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, I had an argument the other day about Stranger Things where my friend said that only people who grew up in the 80's and have seen the movies the show is referencing will like Stranger Things. While I do believe growing up in the 80's and watching tons of 80's movies will add to the experience, I think the show will be enjoyed by anybody. If we use that logic, then I shouldn't have been able to enjoy Boardwalk Empire because I didn't grow up in the 1920's. It's a little different, but you get my point.
    Totally. I grew up not only in different times, but in a totally different society, where everything was different. Loved ST nevertheless.
    I think already posted about the reasons of my loving it - I think they are all mainly based on what everyone has in common, not on era/context specifics.
    For example, one thing I probably hasn't mentioned yet: I love it that the kids all behave according to their age. It's another thing that reminds of Sai King's It: they are eleven, and I recognize them as eleven, and I remember myself at that age and don't feel any discrepancies. In many American (and European) films I have lately seen boys of ten-eleven-twelve acting as if they were three or four years old, mainly objects of protection by mothers against monsters/maniacs/whatever. Here they are very much like the kids I remember self and friends to be.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I finally got around to watching this show and just finished it the other day. It was absolutely everything everyone said it would be and I can't wait for season 2. I'm a sucker for 80's and 90's nostalgia and this show really nailed it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I finally got around to watching this show and just finished it the other day. It was absolutely everything everyone said it would be and I can't wait for season 2. I'm a sucker for 80's and 90's nostalgia and this show really nailed it.
    Funny you should say that. I figured there was no way the show would live up to all the hype my friends were showering upon it, but I was wrong. That rarely happens when things get hyped up for me.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I love it that the kids all behave according to their age. It's another thing that reminds of Sai King's It: they are eleven, and I recognize them as eleven, and I remember myself at that age and don't feel any discrepancies. In many American (and European) films I have lately seen boys of ten-eleven-twelve acting as if they were three or four years old, mainly objects of protection by mothers against monsters/maniacs/whatever. Here they are very much like the kids I remember self and friends to be.
    Very astute observation. A valid point.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's great
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting thing today happened to me concerning this show.. A customer of mine is printing bookmarks and selling them with the characters from the show.. with no license to do so. I had to warn her... not cool. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if anybody else is into POPS, but these are coming and they look great.

https://funko.com/blogs/news/strange...ening-at-funko

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The open was great. I had just seen La La Land earlier in the day, so it was perfect timing.

I must say, I was disappointed Jimmy wasn't quicker on his feet when the prompter went down. I was screaming at the TV for him to reference Mariah Carey. It seemed like such a natural spot for a joke that I thought it was a bit. No such thing. He then came back after the break and dropped one, but by then it was too late. Fallon is great, but he doesn't have the quick wit of a guy like Conan.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I wasn't too amazed by Jimmy either. I usually love him, but I wasn't laughing as much as I was hoping to (or the years when Tina/Amy or Ricky Gervais hosted). On a similar note, I don't think we really need a "host" for these award shows. The host ends up just being a kind of figurehead: doing the opening, and popping in a couple times throughout the show. I guess they're hoping that a "big name" host will draw in ratings, but it's really just a monologue.

Also, I know we've discussed it before, Mike, but I would really like to start seeing the Globes, Oscars, etc. start to focus on movies and TV. The Globes this year was just...boring. How about some film tributes? Actors' favorite films/film moments? Something. That's why I like the SAG awards. That show tends to embrace the spirit of film and acting more than the others.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't too amazed by Jimmy either. I usually love him, but I wasn't laughing as much as I was hoping to (or the years when Tina/Amy or Ricky Gervais hosted). On a similar note, I don't think we really need a "host" for these award shows. The host ends up just being a kind of figurehead: doing the opening, and popping in a couple times throughout the show. I guess they're hoping that a "big name" host will draw in ratings, but it's really just a monologue.

Also, I know we've discussed it before, Mike, but I would really like to start seeing the Globes, Oscars, etc. start to focus on movies and TV. The Globes this year was just...boring. How about some film tributes? Actors' favorite films/film moments? Something. That's why I like the SAG awards. That show tends to embrace the spirit of film and acting more than the others.
    Yeah, completely agree. We've talked about it before, but I really wish they would celebrate TV or movies more. Especially when it comes to the Oscars.

I'd love to see more insight into the history of past Golden Globes winning TV and Movies and the same goes for the Oscars. I also wish the Oscars would celebrate the whole year in film and not just the films nominated.

My main problem with the Globes is the host disappears. Jimmy seemed to disappear longer than usual. The Globes are also known as the party compared to other awards shows that are more serious. Usually people fuck up, etc. This year if felt more like a normal awards show.

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

ELEVEN!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Halloween? Arrgghhh!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good (Stranger) Things come to those who wait.

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if we're getting a little of "The Mist" this season, in the way of something new (maybe that huge, multi-legged creature, provided it's not a dream sequence) coming out of the Upside Down and invading our world. If so, I'm down for that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It does seem very Mist like doesn't it.

Country
    Country Flag

Very Cthulhu-ish.

Did you guys see the video of the kids reaction to their superbowl trailer. It's cute.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Did you guys see the video of the kids reaction to their superbowl trailer. It's cute.
    Link?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast