Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that was really interesting. Thanks for posting it. Funny how the font was also the FBI warning font, of all things.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe it (or a version) is also used on the hardcover of Pet Sematary.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

STRANGER THINGS SEASON 2 TO BE WRITTEN BY STEPHEN KING

http://thestudioexec.com/stranger-th...-stephen-king/

HOLLYWOOD – Season 2 of Stranger Things will be penned by Stephen King, it was revealed today.

It was the hit of the Summer. A genuinely thrilling Netflix Original Series and everyone was crazy for it, with many commenting on how it was like vintage Stephen King filmed by vintage Steven Spielberg. Well now that comparison seems to have paid off as Stephen King, a declared fan of the show, has volunteered to script the entirety of Season 2 of the show. Brothers Matt and Ross Duffer announced the news EXCLUSIVELY to the Studio Exec and had this to say about the collaboration.

Ross spoke first:

King is of course one of our idols so to actually have him approach us was an unbelievable moment. We jumped at the possibility.

Matt added:

Of course we’ll maintain some creative control as show-runners, but who are we to second guess the master? I foresee a great Season 2.

Both brothers however refused to comment on the rumors that Stephen Spielberg was going to guest direct an episode. ‘That would be too much like crossing the beams, if you know what I mean, but hell, if it could happen…’

Stephen King himself has remained coy about the second season, but did let on that it would have something to do with Pennywise knocking over Cujo with Christine while pulling out of the Overlook Hotel parking lot.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

HOLLYWOOD – Season 2 of Stranger Things will be penned by Stephen King, it was revealed today.

It was the hit of the Summer. A genuinely thrilling Netflix Original Series and everyone was crazy for it, with many commenting on how it was like vintage Stephen King filmed by vintage Steven Spielberg. Well now that comparison seems to have paid off as Stephen King, a declared fan of the show, has volunteered to script the entirety of Season 2 of the show. Brothers Matt and Ross Duffer announced the news EXCLUSIVELY to the Studio Exec and had this to say about the collaboration.

Ross spoke first:

King is of course one of our idols so to actually have him approach us was an unbelievable moment. We jumped at the possibility.

Matt added:

Of course we’ll maintain some creative control as show-runners, but who are we to second guess the master? I foresee a great Season 2.

Both brothers however refused to comment on the rumors that Stephen Spielberg was going to guest direct an episode. ‘That would be too much like crossing the beams, if you know what I mean, but hell, if it could happen…’

Stephen King himself has remained coy about the second season, but did let on that it would have something to do with Pennywise knocking over Cujo with Christine while pulling out of the Overlook Hotel parking lot.
    This is fake.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I somehow doubt that's legit.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Ross spoke first:

Matt added:

That's a so-called "satire" site -- read the "About" link at the bottom.

Snopes is on top of it, too: http://www.snopes.com/stranger-thing...-king-netflix/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as season two of Stranger Things doesn't follow the route that season two of True Detective did, I'm, of course, excited.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally caught up on my DVR backlog, so I was able to jump into Stranger Things. Honestly, I was just getting fucking tired of people asking me if I've seen the show yet. My reply was usually, "No, have you seen Mr. Robot yet? Then shut the fuck up."

Anyway, I loved the video. Like most people, I caught tons of references. This video is fantastic and brings even more to light. I loved how the show also mentions Silent Hill and The Last of Us. Most people are finding references to movies, but I was getting vibes from those two games, especially in regards to The Upside Down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N1rirHF6qk
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I have a question that I've been thinking about and can't really answer. What is it about this show that makes it so ... great? I feel that there's something rare and special about it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Thoughts?
    That's a great question and it's something I think about a lot when watching TV and movies. What makes one film great, another average and another terrible. I think what I've come to believe is attention to detail. Stranger Things has that in spades. There are so many more, but I think this video says it best.

Also, I had an argument the other day about Stranger Things where my friend said that only people who grew up in the 80's and have seen the movies the show is referencing will like Stranger Things. While I do believe growing up in the 80's and watching tons of 80's movies will add to the experience, I think the show will be enjoyed by anybody. If we use that logic, then I shouldn't have been able to enjoy Boardwalk Empire because I didn't grow up in the 1920's. It's a little different, but you get my point.

Country
    Country Flag

Great videos. One reference I'm surprised is missed by a lot of people is The Abyss (1989).

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Stranger Things last night. I enjoyed it and found it really watchable, but I honestly don't understand why everyone seems to be losing their minds over this show. I liked the kids, the acting across the board, the ideas behind the plot, but it all seemed a bit...empty to me. I don't know what, but something was missing. Aside from Mike, the kids weren't really developed and it felt like the creators were thinking, "They're kids! In the 80s! What more do you need?" But cuteness and friendship doesn't equal characterization. I’m reading a lot of comparisons to King's It and the Loser's Club, which I can totally see. But the difference there, for me, is that each of the kids in It (the book, not the mini-series) had deeper characterization. I know that it was a book (offering more opportunities for depth) while Stranger Things is a TV series, but the kids' characterization in Stranger Things seemed a bit hollow. Aside from their united goal to find Will (and their quirks--Dustin's profanity and humor, for example), there wasn't enough to make me care for them. There were a couple times during the series when I caught myself thinking, "If one of these characters died, would I care?" I found that I probably wouldn't (and why everyone is nuts about Barb, I don't understand).

In a lot of ways, it seemed to me that the 80s nostalgia was given more attention than the characters (though it did it a lot better than Dead of Summer). I’m fine with shows/movies/books that value character over plot, or plot over character, but neither left any lasting impact on me here. It all seemed a bit light. I know the stakes were high, but I feel like I was being told the stakes were high, rather than seeing it firsthand. (If the kids are captured by the government, what happens specifically? If the Upside Down remains open, so what? There's only one monster.) All of it resulted in a plot that I can’t say was entirely memorable or that will stick with me.

If it was set in present-day, subtracting all the 80s references and homages, I’m fairly sure people wouldn't be losing their marbles over it. I’ll probably watch Season 2 when it comes out, but I have a feeling that if it was a show where I had to wait a week for each episode, I would’ve lost interest.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I loved the kids and it reminded me of me and my friends when we were that age. I honestly can't really see where you are coming from.

I mean, the mother being distraught alone about the disappearance was enough for me to invest. Is this a product of too much hype for you possibly?

Honestly, I never do this (mainly because I have so many other shows to watch), but since I finished Strangers Things, I've had a strong urge to go back to that world.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Is this a product of too much hype for you possibly?
    The hype is certainly dumbfounding to me, but even without knowing that everyone was losing their minds over the show, I don't think I would've been super overwhelmed with it anyway. I had to Google "anyone not like Stranger Things?" to get confirmation that I wasn't the only one who hadn't gone crazy for it. There's lots of thoughts and opinions similar to mine, but they definitely seem to be in the minority.

On a similar note, I loved Super 8. Which makes me wonder if I would've liked Stranger Things more if it was condensed into a two hour film. Even with only eight episodes, there was still some fat that could've been trimmed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Is this a product of too much hype for you possibly?
    The hype is certainly dumbfounding to me, but even without knowing that everyone was losing their minds over the show, I don't think I would've been super overwhelmed with it anyway. I had to Google "anyone not like Stranger Things?" to get confirmation that I wasn't the only one who hadn't gone crazy for it. There's lots of thoughts and opinions similar to mine, but they definitely seem to be in the minority.

On a similar note, I loved Super 8. Which makes me wonder if I would've liked Stranger Things more if it was condensed into a two hour film. Even with only eight episodes, there was still some fat that could've been trimmed.
    At first I thought you thought it was decent, but that you just didn't love it. Now I'm wondering if you actually didn't like it and just don't want to admit it.

I thought Super 8 was just average. I thought there was a lot of wasted potential there.

Country
    Country Flag

No, I enjoyed it, but I wasn't like, OMG YOU GUYS! #BEST SHOW EVER. It held my interest and I was anticipating each episode, but I kept wondering what I was missing that everyone else was falling in love with.

If it was set in 2016 and the kids used cell phones, laptops, and made references to the pop culture of today, I guarantee you people wouldn't be raving about it (the same could also be said of Super 8, I suppose, but that had a bigger impact on me than ST).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    No, I enjoyed it, but I wasn't like, OMG YOU GUYS! #BEST SHOW EVER. It held my interest and I was anticipating each episode, but I kept wondering what I was missing that everyone else was falling in love with.

If it was set in 2016 and the kids used cell phones, laptops, and made references to the pop culture of today, I guarantee you people wouldn't be raving about it (the same could also be said of Super 8, I suppose, but that had a bigger impact on me than ST).
    I don't deny the fact that it conjuring up so much nostalgia being a main draw for the show. That said, I felt is was a very well made show. Pacing, lighting, cinematography, etc. all top notch.

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw an interview with Gaten Matarazzo on Dinner and a Movie (I think.)He is a remarkable young man.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When I saw that you posted in this thread, I knew it was going to be the SNL sketch. Nice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast