Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

What did they do to 11's character? I liked how she'd grown more 'normal'; living with Hopper, wanting to find her mom; going to the Snow Ball.
    Her trip to find "8" was a bit of a sidetrack, though...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    What did they do to 11's character? I liked how she'd grown more 'normal'; living with Hopper, wanting to find her mom; going to the Snow Ball.
    Yeah.. she just seemed so different this season And she as my fav from the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the "8" scenes/relationship were a set up for S3 and beyond. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I agree.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I agree.
    Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished it up last night. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't as good for me as S1. I binged S1. Didn't feel the need to do that with S2 as I watched it over a week's time. My favorite has always been Dustin from the get go. "Son of a bitch"

Spoiler:
    I don't like Nancy with Jonathan. Jonathan to me is a weak character and has to be carried by Nancy's strong character. Steve is a better choice for Nancy as his character is strong as well. Loved the MILF scene!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a strong supporter of Team Steve. There's nothing wrong with Jonathan remaining essentially the same person; it's only been a year since the events in S1. That said, Steve is a much more interesting character and watching him change from a jock bro to a decent human being was neat.

Episode 7 was non-essential unless it was a set-up for season 3. I'd prefer a spin-off or even a dead end/unresolved plot line. Call it a misstep and move on, you know? Hopefully season 3 will stay in Hawkins. There's already one Orphan Black, no need to muddy things up with more characters.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm a strong supporter of Team Steve. There's nothing wrong with Jonathan remaining essentially the same person; it's only been a year since the events in S1. That said, Steve is a much more interesting character and watching him change from a jock bro to a decent human being was neat.

Episode 7 was non-essential unless it was a set-up for season 3. I'd prefer a spin-off or even a dead end/unresolved plot line. Call it a misstep and move on, you know? Hopefully season 3 will stay in Hawkins. There's already one Orphan Black, no need to muddy things up with more characters.
    Agreed. I'd prefer they go no further in regards to Chapter 7.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I watched episodes 1-4 of season 2 last night. Why is this show so incredible?!

A few thoughts:

Spoiler:
    - I'm sure my hopes will be squashed, but I really hope Dart ends up being some badass creature that helps the boys so Dustin can be all "I told you guys!"
    (The scene where Dustin came home from trick-or-treating and he told his mom he rigged the device to make it look like he'd caught a ghost made me laugh so hard.)

- Seeing the Hopper/El relationship is freaking awesome on so many levels.

-Also, I'm glad Jonathan has a new hairstyle this season because it was really bothering me last season.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The baby as Chucky is pretty awesome. Though I have a feeling parents played a role in the costume selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hocus Pocus, which I've never cared for
    Remember this as the moment we stopped being friends.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so I am about the same age as these folks in the show...slightly older but I am totally freaked out because "Billy" looks and acts sooooo much like I did...I just didn't have a Z28. LOL

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished the second season and am truly impressed with the scriptwriting and acting in this show. The children, Will in particular, are remarkable actors. Elle and Mike are also worth noting in this season.

Spoiler:
    What I do love about this show is how it is based on old TV tropes from the 80s (including how season 2 takes on the 'invasion' angle popular during the era) but still manages to keep you guessing. It may play off the same themes as the 80s shows and movies, but I'm glad to say it didn't succumb entirely to them. I'm looking forward to season 3, though I do so with caution and concern, as it will be tremendously difficult for them to maintain this standard for the planned 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Ok so I am about the same age as these folks in the show...slightly older but I am totally freaked out because "Billy" looks and acts sooooo much like I did...I just didn't have a Z28. LOL

OMG...surely you werent that mean, Jon...

although I could see you tearing up the roads at top speed and/or hitting on your classmates' attractive moms.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard a few mixed feelings about season 2, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the season from start to finish. It wasn't as good as season 1, but that's to be expected. Whenever you have something so new and fresh, it's going to always hold a special place in my heart. At least that's how I feel.

I think the show does an amazing job at building characters. Almost every character is strong. I truly feel for everyone of the core characters and don't want anything to happen to them. I can't wait to see where they go with season 3. One of my only complaints is the fact that we aren't seeing anybody else in the town deal with what is going on. Not only is it unrealistic, I mean these Demi Dogs are running around the entire town at one point, someone should see them, but they also missed an opportunity for some Gremlins style comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yeah.. she just seemed so different this season And she as my fav from the first.
    I had no problem with where they went with 11. We have to remember that 11 has been so sheltered. She's like a child. What we saw this season was a young adult rebelling. I do agree that the episode outside of Hawkins wasn't very strong and the show should just stick to Hawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The baby as Chucky is pretty awesome. Though I have a feeling parents played a role in the costume selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hocus Pocus, which I've never cared for
    Remember this as the moment we stopped being friends.
    I don't hate it, it's just not essential to my Halloween viewing like it is for other people.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

....or the devi;ishly good looks and charm, right Jon? lol 'fess up!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

8 Did teach 11 how to channel her strength! I'm just glad 11 decided that her friends were more important!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    8 Did teach 11 how to channel her strength! I'm just glad 11 decided that her friends were more important!
    Concur!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was super freaked out to find out that Billy was the Red Power Ranger... lol

But anyway, lots of thoughts! I should throw them into a spoiler thingy because I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone!

Spoiler:
    Okay, so I finished up season 2 and I have some mixed feelings, but overall, I really did enjoy the second season, even thought I felt it was kind of...meandering...at times. So to be more specific!!!

- I felt, at times, that the drama this season was a bit more arbitrary and forced. For example, the blow up between Hopper and Eleven seemed to escalate so quickly and then Hopper, rather than diffuse the situation, broke her favorite thing (the television) and her only connection to the outside world and expected....what to happen exactly? I mean, I get it, he's trying to protect her, but she is an emotionally stunted child who was mentally tortured for the first decade of her life. He knows that, and yet, he's a huge dick to her. To me, that was a stretch.

Also, they ship Billy in from left field and he's the mouthiest, nastiest teenager you've ever laid eyes on...but for what real reason? To give Steve some kind of nemesis? To give Mad Max a reason to not want to be home? Because there isn't enough going on with everything else in the story? He just seemed tacked on and wedged in for lame drama. The only redeeming scene with him is the MILF moment with Nancy's mom. In fact, I loved that scene. If he had been more manipulative and wore different personas throughout the entire season, I think Billy would have made more sense. Plus, I think everyone saw the scene with his father coming from a mile away and I'm not sure it was even needed, besides again, cheap drama.

- I can see why some folks would say they don't love what they did to Eleven in this season. As my husband pointed on, she was a huge BAMF in the first season, and throughout the second season, she's reduced to crying and throwing a fit much of the time. The episode with 8 was good, but it seemed so clunky and didn't fit, at least not at that time in the story. If that episode had been first, I think it would have given the season a better flow. And yes, i get that she's discovering herself and that she's been isolated (again) and that she's acting out, but after awhile I was just thinking to myself, hey, can Eleven do something COOL again?

- They did the same thing to Mike this season which was good and bad. I liked that they gave more screen time to Lukas (who I really think came into his own this year) and Dustin and Will (who did nothing more than hide in the Upside Down in the first season) but every time you see Mike he's pining for Eleven or crying at Will's bedside, and you never get to see him be the Mike of the first season.

- I loved Steve this season. I know, a lot of folks thinks he belongs with Nancy but honestly, I think he's much better without her. He's grown into a protector and older brother figure and he and the kids have a lot of onscreen charisma. He's plenty awesome on his own and doesn't need Nancy to attach him to the whole, weird situation which I think is a cool turn of events.

- I loved the journalist. (CHRISTINETH!!!!) The scenes with him were great. I didn't even mind the whole serving teenage kids alcohol and match making scene. Someone had to step in and make them see they were being stoopid.

- Paul Reiser was awesome and I think it was great that at first all anyone wanted to do was distrust him (I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to Ripley and the Colonial Marines) and the entire lab. Everyone expected the worst and yet it turned out that he was genuinely trying to help.

- Bob. Everything about Bob was magic and sunshine and goodness. Sean Astin is perhaps the most lovable nerdy goofball on the planet. Can't say I didn't see his death coming, but I loved his role in this season.

- I loved the final episode and Snowball was a great way to end the season. It tied everything up in a nice little bow.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    - I loved Steve this season. I know, a lot of folks thinks he belongs with Nancy but honestly, I think he's much better without her. He's grown into a protector and older brother figure and he and the kids have a lot of onscreen charisma. He's plenty awesome on his own and doesn't need Nancy to attach him to the whole, weird situation which I think is a cool turn of events.
    I'll agree that Steve definitely earned MIP and MVP (if you're a sports fan) for this season. For all the other writing and directing mistakes of S2, they got Steve's character spot on. I'll concede that Nancy doesn't necessarily need to be with Steve but pairing her with Jonathan isn't a wise choice either. You put Nancy and Steve into a shit storm together; they'd end up kicking ass and taking names. In the same situation, Nancy would be doing a lot of hand holding to get Jonathan through it. But maybe that's the role Nancy needs to be in as she's a protector of sorts as well. Steve doesn't need her protection but Jonathan definitely would on the relationship level. And correct me if I'm wrong, Andi but would you agree that women would prefer, in general, a strong male presence in their lives (straight women I should clarify) vs. having to pamper and coddle a weaker one? I just think Nancy's character deserves more than that.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Snow Ball was perfect and so sweet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'll agree that Steve definitely earned MIP and MVP (if you're a sports fan) for this season. For all the other writing and directing mistakes of S2, they got Steve's character spot on. I'll concede that Nancy doesn't necessarily need to be with Steve but pairing her with Jonathan isn't a wise choice either. You put Nancy and Steve into a shit storm together; they'd end up kicking ass and taking names. In the same situation, Nancy would be doing a lot of hand holding to get Jonathan through it. But maybe that's the role Nancy needs to be in as she's a protector of sorts as well. Steve doesn't need her protection but Jonathan definitely would on the relationship level. And correct me if I'm wrong, Andi but would you agree that women would prefer, in general, a strong male presence in their lives (straight women I should clarify) vs. having to pamper and coddle a weaker one? I just think Nancy's character deserves more than that.
    Brian, I shall answer your spoiler with a spoiler of my own!!

Spoiler:
    I actually don't find Jonathan to be a weak character. Understated perhaps but certainly not weak. It was he and Nancy who came up with the plan to fight the Demogorgon in season 1 (Steve showed up and did his part), and he never hesitated to take part in Nancy's little plan (let us not forget that Steve refused to help her) in the second season, despite it being a potentially dangerous situation. And I felt this was a team effort on their part, not just Nancy dragging Jonathan along in her wake. I think he'd also do anything to protect those close to him whether that be Will, his mother, Nancy, etc. I'd say that shows character and bravery even if he didn't wield a baseball bat to get the job done. He's not part of the alpha male hero trope that we are all so very accustomed to, but he's absolutely heroic and protective.

As far as what women (straight or otherwise) prefer, I'm not sure there is an universally accepted version of what constitutes a good man/partner. Some women like traditionally masculine men and some women like men who supportive and emotionally available. It all depends on the person/people involved.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Spoiler:
    Brian, I shall answer your spoiler with a spoiler of my own!!

Spoiler:
    I actually don't find Jonathan to be a weak character. Understated perhaps but certainly not weak. It was he and Nancy who came up with the plan to fight the Demogorgon in season 1 (Steve showed up and did his part), and he never hesitated to take part in Nancy's little plan (let us not forget that Steve refused to help her) in the second season, despite it being a potentially dangerous situation. And I felt this was a team effort on their part, not just Nancy dragging Jonathan along in her wake. I think he'd also do anything to protect those close to him whether that be Will, his mother, Nancy, etc. I'd say that shows character and bravery even if he didn't wield a baseball bat to get the job done. He's not part of the alpha male hero trope that we are all so very accustomed to, but he's absolutely heroic and protective.

As far as what women (straight or otherwise) prefer, I'm not sure there is an universally accepted version of what constitutes a good man/partner. Some women like traditionally masculine men and some women like men who supportive and emotionally available. It all depends on the person/people involved.
    Very true indeed on personal preferences. And I had forgot all that stuff about Jonathan. Very valid points!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true indeed on personal preferences. And I had forgot all that stuff about Jonathan. Very valid points!
    Thank you sir! Trust me, with as soft spoken as Jonathan is, it's very hard to see past his...docile is maybe the best word I can think of...nature.

I think the thing that really sold me on him was
    Spoiler:
    standing up to his father in season one. Sometimes, as a teenage boy, I think that's like one of the bravest thing you can possibly do.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've only got two episodes left to watch on Season 2. Fuuuuuuuck. Why is this show so damn good?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes..GSD..I watched it too fast...like a man with sex!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast