Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Life is now comprised of 12-18 month droughts between seasons of Stranger Things which are broken up by hectic 30-40 hour viewing periods.

One of the problems with this is that I have a hard time remembering certain things, for example, that

Spoiler:
    Erica is Lucas' little sister; which people are related to each other - seriously, this series is chock-full of siblings that are never in the same place
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My family and I watched the first 3 episodes on Friday and the rest on Saturday.

Through the first 3 episodes, I felt like "meh, they're trying, but the magic just ain't there" (and it didn't help that...

Spoiler:
    ...Dustin was split off from Mike/Lucas/Will so much).

To be fair, by this point, I did enjoy much of it, just not at the level I expected. But starting with episode 4...the magic was back, baby.

Looking back, I don't think it was that the first 3 episodes were actually deficient in any way so much as the cumulative effect to that point combined with new events to rip my head free from my ass, and I was fully enjoying myself again. Ultimately, although I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 more, I can't use the word "disappointed" because it was, overall, what I think of as Stranger Things-level good, exciting, etc. - a damn fine season of TV that left me hungry for more.

As for details:

At the very beginning of episode one, I asked my family:

Spoiler:
    Is anyone else getting a Russian feel? (bingo)

And when Eleven...

Spoiler:
    ...read Hopper's note in the final episode, I was totally dead effing certain that the emotion of it would make her do that thing where she finds people by closing her eyes while holding an object connected to the person, and then find out that Hopper was in the upside down (or somewhere else, as the case may be...). I know her powers might've been down/out etc., but I thought this would jolt them back into place.

And I had a hunch that...

Spoiler:
    ...I should let the credits play at the end of episode 8, and thankfully they were kind enough to include snowflakes, which were a hint that something would be shown.

I think they're doing a good job of managing changes, like the kids aging, as well as

Spoiler:
    the Byers family and Eleven ultimately moving away.

And now...we wait again.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm only a few episodes in, couldn't binge this season like the first two, but I'm loving the friendship between Max and Eleven!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, and it was a scream watching

Spoiler:
    Steve have to do absolutely everything in that Scoops Ahoy uniform.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the somewhat implausible season. It was a lot of fun though I agree that splitting up the team was somewhat annoying. However it all worked out in the end. I'd give it a "B+".

Could have had a few more episodes for the long wait, no?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loving the groovy soundtrack.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...and was Will...

Spoiler:
    ...wearing some kind of daisy dukes? Really funny clothing at some points, and not just on him.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the long sleeved polos in July!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished it last night and loved it. Much better than season two, and I'll have to sit with it a while to see if I liked it better than season one. Some have complained about the splitting of the characters up, but I gotta tell ya, I think that this is one of the season's best strengths. The narratives are much tighter because the focus remains honed on in limited characters at a time. Great stuff! Can't wait for season four.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I haven't seen any of it yet - there's so much other damned stuff to watch - but I'm excited by all the spoiler free approval here. It gets bumped up the to-watch list.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to start the new season. Even though I marathoned the first 2 before, it's still a little trippy to see how big the kids are getting (particularly Mike).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Finally got to start the new season. Even though I marathoned the first 2 before, it's still a little trippy to see how big the kids are getting (particularly Mike).
    Yeah at this rate if they do do a Season 4 and 5 we'd end up in the early '90s!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Supposedly they envisioned the series as a 4 season arc. I wonder if that might change with how successful season 3 has been

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Supposedly they envisioned the series as a 4 season arc. I wonder if that might change with how successful season 3 has been
    I believe that if they went past S4 they would have to introduce a new and younger cast. Could work with a few key appearances from the old Scooby Crew" but it would be tricky and a big risk, IMHO.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...it was also fun to see...

Spoiler:
    ...Hopper pound the piss out of Mayor Kline.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I hope they quit after season 4. Besides the kids growing up, the storyline would have to move so far afield of the main plot theyd ruin something good.
    Go out at the top, I say.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...it was also fun to see...

Spoiler:
    ...Hopper pound the piss out of Mayor Kline.
    This was a treat.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...Evan Rachel Wood...

NOTE:

If you haven't watched this season of Stranger Things and intend to, don't google ERW's name to see what she said, it may spoil some things for you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I must have missed a key scene or sequence,but what happened to all those kids, Eleven met in, Chicago (?) ? The bunch that helped out in S2 at the end, right? I thought S3 was going to go into that story. Then again, it was a while ago and I probably am not remembering a key element. Any help out there?

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/stranger-things-...ory-chernobyl/
    The theory posits that the next season will tie into the Chernobyl disaster of 1986, further stating this disaster will actually come about from a battle featuring Eleven and what we presume will be either Upside Down monsters or Russian soldiers, leading to the nuclear meltdown.

The Reddit user heads in this direction based on the settings of previous seasons: ‪Season 1 dealt with Winter, 1983‬ (Christmas); Season 2 focused on Fall, 1984‬ (Halloween) and Season 3 revolved around Summer, 1985‬ (Independence Day). The theorist believes Season 4 will follow this formula and after extrapolation, it should be centered around Spring, 1986, which is when the disaster occurred in real life.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Interesting theory.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I must have missed a key scene or sequence,but what happened to all those kids, Eleven met in, Chicago (?) ? The bunch that helped out in S2 at the end, right? I thought S3 was going to go into that story. Then again, it was a while ago and I probably am not remembering a key element. Any help out there?
    Spoiler:
    S3 didn't really go into it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    S3 didn't really go into it.

Spoiler:
    No shit. LOL That's why I was curious as to where the story line went. Did they provide an ending to that plot line I missed/forget or could it still be in play for future seasons, etc............. that was what I was asking.

I went back and added spoilers. My apologies I didn't realize I should tag it. Nice catch, Troy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on episode 7/8, should be done by week's end. Looking forward to joining the discussion on here!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast