Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I need one for season two now.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stranger Things season 3 adds a new face with a familiar name.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/stra...ke-1202715637/
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recall seeing a video in which Gaten Matarazzo and Joe Keery answered fan questions, and one of them (I think Gaten) said the word "Montauk" (it's the kind of word you remember) in his response about what the show's influences were. He may have been referring to the legends themselves and not the short film involved in the recent claim, however.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think this is it:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep, around 20 seconds in.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I never really give a whole lot of credence to shit like this. I'm not sure why the guy took so long to come forward if he thought they ripped him off. The fact of the matter is that Stranger Things borrows from a multitude of resources. It's the main knock on the show. I haven't watched this Montauk, but I'd be willing to bet it too is not an original idea and that it's been done before somewhere along the line.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A reunion so soon??
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/06/boo...t-elevens-mom/
    Netflix and Penguin Random House are teaming up to expand the Stranger Things universe with a series of books, which will soon include a prequel all about Eleven’s mom and her involvement in the totally real CIA experiment Project MKUltra.

As reported by Deadline, the world of Stranger Things will grow starting this fall with a behind-the-scenes companion book called Stranger Things: World Turned Upside Down (hey, a Hamilton reference!), along with a young adult “gift book.” Others are scheduled to be released next year — including the first Stranger Things novel, a prequel book written by Gwenda Bond (Lois Lane trilogy, Girl In The Shadows).

The novel will centre around Terry Ives, a college student who was subjected to horrific experiments while pregnant with her daughter Jane (a.k.a Eleven), thus giving her supernatural powers. Ives lost custody of her child and tried to sue, only for her case to get thrown out. Then, when she tried to recover her child, she was captured and turned catatonic from severe electroshock therapy. Eleven was briefly reunited with her during the second season of the Netflix series.

While Hawkins National Laboratory, and the creepy Dr. Martin Brenner, are fictional... the programme they were involved in was completely real. Between 1953 and 1964, the CIA conducted dozens of experiments on American citizens, without their knowledge, testing the effects of biological and chemical agents (like LSD) in order to gain a combat edge during the Cold War. In fact, the reason the Upside Down was discovered in the show was because Dr. Brenner forced Eleven to use her telepathy skills to spy on Russian meetings remotely, thus putting her in contact with the parallel dimension.

Given how the third season of Stranger Things isn’t set to arrive until sometime in 2019, it’s cool that they’re coming up with ways to expand the story’s world and its characters. Plus, given how much the series is inspired by Stephen King’s novels, it’s only a matter of time before they started making novels of their own. I’m glad they’re going with Terry Ives’ story, as I’ve long been curious to find out more about her and her experiences since we’ve barely spent any real time with her.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/stranger-things-...-game-netflix/
    Players will soon get the chance to explore the Upside Down in a title from Telltale Games.

Netflix is teaming up with the publisher to create an interactive video game based on Stranger Things. Similar to Telltale’s adaptation of Game of Thrones, the Stranger Things game will take place in the same world as the popular TV series and serve as a companion to the popular sci-fi series.

While specifics are still being kept under wraps, it was originally in development to be released alongside Season 2 before being delayed ahead of the October 2017 premiere. As with Telltale’s popular Game of Thrones title, there is the chance characters from the Netflix series voiced by their original actors may appear in the game.

Another part of Netflix’s deal with Telltale is bringing Minecraft: Story Mode to the streaming service. Viewers will be able to interact with the Minecraft spinoff as an interactive choose-your-own-adventure fantasy title in five parts through the streaming platform.

While Netflix has a hand in the development of the Stranger Things title, the adaptation is expected to be a traditional gaming experience available on PC and home consoles instead of directly through the streaming service.

There are no announced release dates for either the Stranger Things video game or Minecraft: Story Mode, although the Minecraft spinoff is expected to arrive on Netflix later this year.

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

While Shopping yesterday I saw an old school metal lunchbox with a Stranger Things theme. Also a coffee cup with Sean Astins's character with the words "simple as that."

EDIT: "Easy peasy"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Man... I actually miss the time when malls were popular. I worked at a KB Toys in a mall for a few years when I was in HS and it was one of the most fun jobs I ever had. I literally got paid to play with toys. More often than not my lunch was a corn dog and a soft pretzel with cheese from the food court. My manager kept a popcorn tub in the backroom because the movie theater in the mall had free refills. So he'd take the tub down and get it filled with free popcorn.

We used to have 4 malls and they all had their own movie theater. Now we have 1 mall and 2 stand-alone movie theaters. It was sad to see the slow decline of the malls. The big anchor stores kept leaving or going out of business completely. For a while just before it closed down completely, you could walk from one end of the mall to the other and only pass maybe a dozen stores that were still actually open.

Funny thing though, the one mall we still have left is packed on weekends and during the holidays.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As a child, you understand that things change, but the pace with which things have changed since I was a teenager (in the 80s) has blown my mind. I can't fathom all the things that have gone away or withered to tiny size.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Guys, I was just thinking recently that I can even remember a time when smoking was still allowed in the mall. It's so bizarre to even think about it now.

And IWC, while I never had a job at the mall, your post definitely took me back to the Friday/Saturday nights spent hanging out at the mall with friends.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I remember when people smoked in hospitals.
    And the mall was a centerpiece of every 80s town. It was the place to hang out. Especially the arcades.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post

And planes.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. It was always funny that they had smoking and non-smoking sections on planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

And planes.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the mall was a centerpiece of every 80s town. It was the place to hang out. Especially the arcades.
    Oh man, I loved the arcades as a youngster. Pac man was awesome, and double Dragon...
    Since I started smoking (13yrs old) ive seen a lot of changes, planes, restaurants, taxis, in work, now I can even smoke in a bar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast