Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I remember when people smoked in hospitals.
    And the mall was a centerpiece of every 80s town. It was the place to hang out. Especially the arcades.

Yes. I remember that smoking was ok in the hospital but one day they banned smoking in the ICU because of the O2 explosion danger. People were outraged...even the patients. LOOOL

Smoking at the theater and smoking while you shopped for groceries. I recall having to sweep the grocery store aisles daily due to the "dead soldiers." Once my dust mop caught on fire from a butt that wasn't quite extinguished. I now know that dust mop oil was somewhat flammable.

Things like air travel, microwaves and home video game consoles were for the wealthy so I have little experience in childhood with such things. I remember seeing pictures (that's what we called pics in those days) of passengers in the Indianapolis airport. They were all in 3 piece suits and dresses, their "Sunday best: for air travel. Now I see folks in little more than pajamas. LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I remember when people smoked in hospitals.
    And the mall was a centerpiece of every 80s town. It was the place to hang out. Especially the arcades.
    Oh man, I loved the arcades as a youngster. Pac man was awesome, and double Dragon...
    Since I started smoking (13yrs old) ive seen a lot of changes, planes, restaurants, taxis, in work, now I can even smoke in a bar...

You can't smoke in a bar now because a bar is a place people come to for their health!! Alcohol is good for you!

I was addicted to Centipede!! My little town had an old house converted into ...a forerunner of convenience stores. LOL They has 3 whole arcade games!! Pacman, of course, Centipede, Dig Dug and later expanded to a fourth game; Castle...something.. the one with the animated cut scenes with the T@A princess and a goofy looking knight...but your animated T&A fix cost you $0.50 a play!!!

But I was STUNNED in 2014 when i visited NYC and need a cab to LaGuardia. I was stressed out because I was a bit behind schedule. I was running late because I was leaving a beautiful, wonderful woman behind and I REALLY needed to fire up a dog. I was shocked when the cabbie told me to throw it out. I had no idea. Well,after a sob story and $20.00 later, I was happily puffing on the way to the airport. I had to promise to hide my cig if a cop was close. I had no clue about city life. I was amused that shop keepers cleaned their sidewalk. LOL I was also rather viciously chastised by the hotel clerk for being barefoot in the lobby.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country life is a world apart. I miss it sometimes!
    The game you are talking about, was it castlevania? That was very similar to robin hood on the acorn! Great at the time , but holy hot dog they were crap...
    Ps. I was meant to say can't smoke, not can smoke...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    expanded to a fourth game; Castle...something.. the one with the animated cut scenes with the T@A princess and a goofy looking knight...but your animated T&A fix cost you $0.50 a play!!!
    That's Dragon's Lair.

Lead on Adventurer, your quest awaits!

The game was a money pit. The visuals (for the time) were amazing as it was all Disney level animation pulled from a Laser Disc. Compared to the other 8 bit blocky sprite games at the time, It seemed like a massive leap in technology for video games.

Gameplay was really basic though, you had up/down/left/right joystick and fire. All you had to do was wait for a specific moment in the action (the screen would flash) and you had to GUESS which way to pull the joystick or press the fire button. Get it right and you would move to the next part of the action sequence. Get it wrong and you lost a life. 3 lives lost and there goes your .50c - And you would have to start again from the beginning!

In order to complete the game you would have to memorise every scene and its corresponding joystick move and perform the correct moves at the right time in a single session.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was addicted to Centipede!!
    Centipede...what a game.

For a short time, I had an Atari 5200 home system, and this allowed use of a trackball on certain games, Centipede among them. Having Centipede at home with a trackball - I felt like a king.

I also used the trackball on Missile Command, another great game.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    LOL. It was always funny that they had smoking and non-smoking sections on planes.
    I remember my first transatlantic flight as an adult in mid 90s (well, almost adult - I was 20 LOL) - my boss and I were on our way to the US on business, and as she is a chain-smoker, and I smoke too, we had tix to the smoking section. Well, the idea was that you smoke and then you don't, for a while, anyway, so the smoke would have a chance to dissipate.
    Ha! Not quite LOL

People from the non-smoking section would come to the smoking part and smoke their heads off; then others would take their place and so on. The amount of smoke in the air was....unforgettable LOL
    Finally, my boss had to take matters into her own hands and told two guys who kept coming back and getting seated right behind us, to get the hell out of there and back to their non-smoking seats. Their response was to promise to sell both my boss and I to a brothel in America LOL

ETA: No worries, it didn't happen
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    expanded to a fourth game; Castle...something.. the one with the animated cut scenes with the T@A princess and a goofy looking knight...but your animated T&A fix cost you $0.50 a play!!!
    That's Dragon's Lair.

Lead on Adventurer, your quest awaits!

The game was a money pit. The visuals (for the time) were amazing as it was all Disney level animation pulled from a Laser Disc. Compared to the other 8 bit blocky sprite games at the time, It seemed like a massive leap in technology for video games.

Gameplay was really basic though, you had up/down/left/right joystick and fire. All you had to do was wait for a specific moment in the action (the screen would flash) and you had to GUESS which way to pull the joystick or press the fire button. Get it right and you would move to the next part of the action sequence. Get it wrong and you lost a life. 3 lives lost and there goes your .50c - And you would have to start again from the beginning!

In order to complete the game you would have to memorise every scene and its corresponding joystick move and perform the correct moves at the right time in a single session.
    That game would/could eat rolls of quarters by the bucket full. Centipede and Missile Command (perfect for all of us Cold War kids) were great games also. We have an arcade new in town where you now pay a flat fee and can play all the old school games as much as ya want. I have yet to check it out but, the son and I are seriously thinking about it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen more people lose their shit over words on a screen.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay. NOW I'm pumped.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and it'll be here in a few short months...just a little over 3 months away
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Okay. NOW I'm pumped.
    What he said.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good. I like that the underlining theme for the group is that 'they're not kids anymore'. Should make for some interesting scenarios.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Although I liked Season 2 well enough, I was ambivalent about Season 3. Now I'm not.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to the writers for turning Steve from a douchebag who should of died, to a genuinely likeable character. Also on a side note, I hope they don't focus too much on Eleven's "friends" from last season. Easily my least favorite plot line introduced

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Kudos to the writers for turning Steve from a douchebag who should of died, to a genuinely likeable character. Also on a side note, I hope they don't focus too much on Eleven's "friends" from last season. Easily my least favorite plot line introduced
    That was my favorite thing the show has done. They took the cliche 80s d-bag guy and turned him into a hero. Very cool.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I hope they do Eleven's friends right or leave it alone. I could see that going wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast