Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to two

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

12 70.59%
  • Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

8 47.06%
  • The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

5 29.41%
  • Prince - Kiss

8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Round 3: 1985-1989 (Group 4 of 12)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Round 3: 1985-1989 (Group 4 of 12)

During the third round of The Great Music Tournament, please vote for up to two tracks you would like to move onto the playoffs. The top two tracks will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given track receives will determine its standing going forward..

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City (1987)

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (1987)

The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) (1988)

Prince - Kiss (1986)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's weird to see The Proclaimers in the 80's groups because that was such a 90's song. I remember being in HS and they played it on the radio like 50 times a day.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it wasn't a radio hit in the US until '93 I believe.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Kiss from a Rose doesn't get my vote, but that was a good song!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote for to losers...I am sure.

500 miles is NOT about the Indy race!!

Tough to see Kiss in last. (The tune... not the band. I'd love to see the band, Kiss, just go away. I hate you, Simmons!)

My one and only personal interaction with a famous person and it HAD to be Gene Simmons... what a prick!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following track is moving on to the playoffs:
    • Guns N' Roses - Paradise City (1987) 70.59%

And these will go through a tiebreaker poll for the final spot to move on:
    • Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (1987) 47.06%
    • Prince - Kiss (1986) 47.06%

And the following is eliminated:
    • The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) (1988) 29.41%

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Tough to see Kiss in last. (The tune... not the band. I'd love to see the band, Kiss, just go away. I hate you, Simmons!)

My one and only personal interaction with a famous person and it HAD to be Gene Simmons... what a prick!
    Do tell....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Do tell....

Backstage at Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, Indiana circa 1983 ... in a small "Greenroom." with about 20 folks in thee room. I was small and found a way to sneak past Security. I stood in the corner quietly until Simmons stated "Who is the pipsqueak who came to a Kiss concert in an Iron Maiden T-shirt?" I threw my cigarette lighter at him and ran like a little girl. I was there to see Ace anyway. I was told later, by a friend, that Security chased me. But as I was 14 years old, 2 feet and 7 inches tall...36 pounds...I ran through that crowd faster than Syphilis. But Simmons has shown himself to be an ass in other ways since.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Do tell....

Backstage at Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, Indiana circa 1983 ... in a small "Greenroom." with about 20 folks in thee room. I was small and found a way to sneak past Security. I stood in the corner quietly until Simmons stated "Who is the pipsqueak who came to a Kiss concert in an Iron Maiden T-shirt?" I threw my cigarette lighter at him and ran like a little girl. I was there to see Ace anyway. I was told later, by a friend, that Security chased me. But as I was 14 years old, 2 feet and 7 inches tall...36 pounds...I ran through that crowd faster than Syphilis. But Simmons has shown himself to be an ass in other ways since.
    I've never liked Kiss (except for Beth and that not even enough to nominate in this tournament) and your tale only adds to my displeasure. Simmons seems like a total asshole.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes... and my dear friend, Gene, was sitting on what can only be describe as a throne.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Do tell....

I've never liked Kiss (except for Beth and that not even enough to nominate in this tournament) and your tale only adds to my displeasure. Simmons seems like a total asshole.
    What an ass.

Tommy: You said what I was thinking. I've always detested Kiss and still believe no one would have given a crap about them if it weren't for their stupid makeup. SO overrated.

Gene was so much better looking with that makeup.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The band can be summed up in three words:

Kiss.... my ass.

+ Reply to Thread