+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annie Wilkes

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Annie Wilkes

Share with us the experience you had when you met Stephen King.

Many have heard this already from me but whatever, I'm telling it again

I met Stephen King in either 98 or 99 I can't remeber but I think it was spring. I was living in Seattle so all the seasons are blurry. Anyhoo, I went to the reading he was having in an old historic church on University Ave in Seattle. He answered a bunch of questions and read a short story and he shook my hand and signed my copy of Bag of Bones.

ahhh, good times. His eyes were piercing just like i see when I think of Roland.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could have met Stephen King ever in my life. Seems like being in Colorado means that I would have

However, I have driven through the Eisenhower tunnel where the Trashcan man finally lost The Kid. Yeah, its that creepy.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HA! LOL! Sarah, you are the greatest! I kept thinking, "Annie Wilkes"? what the hell could this thread be about......then I read it. Good, clever title. You will always make me laugh.

Oh and for the record. I have never met Mr. King.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i once saw a guy sitting next to me at a stop light that looked just like him.

does that count?

i totally tried to take his picture, too, but it didn't turn out.

It really is time for the next bool
    On this gloomy Mondoy
    I will give two more hints,
    Due to the long deloy

To find the next bool,
    Which is the sixth station,
    Look in his autograph
    For a quotation

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have met Mr King on a few occassions a few days apart actually!

The Rock Bottoom Remainders performed in Washington, DC and I purchased a VIP Ticket - I was just going to get a regular ticket and bring my wife along - she would tag along even though she is not much of a fan! She was a true camper back then! Then I heard about the VIP tickets and told her I was considering them. She asked how much and when I told her $250 per ticket, she said "have a good time!". So I went alone, although I did meet some SKEMERs that I had only known through their newsletter. Well, the VIP ticket came with an hour long reception with the band members so I got to "hang" with SK for quite a while.

A quick funny story - about ten of us were all standing around listeneing to SK tell stories (real ones, not the ones out of his head) - he is so down to earth really - and there was this guy next to me talking to his wife/girlfriend on his cell phone. I heard him say "no, really honey, I am standing right next to Stephen King, really, yes I am, come on I am not lying!" and I figured she was simply saying "no your not hon, quit bullshitting me!" Well, I guess SK heard him too. He stopped in the mioddle of his story and said to the guy "give me your phone" to which the stunned guy handed it over. then SK said "hello, this IS Stephen King" then paused, then said "no really, this is Stephen King" then paused again and then said " dammit I am not one of John's friends, I'm Stephen King', with one more pause he then gave the phone back to John and said "sorry man, I tried, but she didn't believe me, you probably ain't getting any tonight!" We all had a great laugh over that.

Then a couple of days later I traveled to Bangor to the Bag of Bones booksigning at Betts Bookstore - this time I only had a couple of minutes with SK. I told him that I was at the DC performance of the RBR ad that it was one of the best concerts I had been to. He said then "you don't get out much if you think we were good" and laughed. Then he added "Warren [Zevon] was rocking though wasn't he?" I replied that I had actually met Warren Zevon in Hawaii (another story for another time) more than 20 years ago and that I drank a bunch of beer and partied with him for the better part of a Saturday night and Sunday morning! King laughed again and said "Warren doesn't drink anymore, nor do I for that matter, that's probably a good thing!" Then I was shuffled out the back door of Betts and onto the street.

It was a teriffic three days I might add!!!!!!!

I am sure he remembers me! I also have written a few storeis that have been given to him; one in a SKEMERs published collection of short stories and one in a real to life publication where I was paid for my submission. Yeah he knows me! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!!

Those are some memories to keep there. I really hope to meet him someday.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

bangoskank1

Default Did you meet King???

Who has had a chance to meet Sai King and where and when was it??

Although I have been to his house in Bangor on many occasion I finally met the man at a reading here at Harvard University in October for American Short Stories...he was kind enough to sign all 1000 copies as well as a few of the authors in this great book....it was great just to hang out with all the other King junkies and talk King all night....What bothered me tho was seeing some of these books on ebay the next day....not true fans I guess...that's one of my stories now let's hear yours...

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

apparently a friend of mein's mother used to live across the street from King years ago

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a few people on here who have met him (sadly, not me). Hopefully they'll find this thread and give you all the details.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I met King once at a reading and it was amazing.

check out more stories here.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow, I totally forgot about that thread.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice ZGDK is on a distinguished road ZGDK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I have met Mr King on a few occassions a few days apart actually!

The Rock Bottoom Remainders performed in Washington, DC and I purchased a VIP Ticket - I was just going to get a regular ticket and bring my wife along - she would tag along even though she is not much of a fan! She was a true camper back then! Then I heard about the VIP tickets and told her I was considering them. She asked how much and when I told her $250 per ticket, she said "have a good time!". So I went alone, although I did meet some SKEMERs that I had only known through their newsletter. Well, the VIP ticket came with an hour long reception with the band members so I got to "hang" with SK for quite a while.

A quick funny story - about ten of us were all standing around listeneing to SK tell stories (real ones, not the ones out of his head) - he is so down to earth really - and there was this guy next to me talking to his wife/girlfriend on his cell phone. I heard him say "no, really honey, I am standing right next to Stephen King, really, yes I am, come on I am not lying!" and I figured she was simply saying "no your not hon, quit bullshitting me!" Well, I guess SK heard him too. He stopped in the mioddle of his story and said to the guy "give me your phone" to which the stunned guy handed it over. then SK said "hello, this IS Stephen King" then paused, then said "no really, this is Stephen King" then paused again and then said " dammit I am not one of John's friends, I'm Stephen King', with one more pause he then gave the phone back to John and said "sorry man, I tried, but she didn't believe me, you probably ain't getting any tonight!" We all had a great laugh over that.

Then a couple of days later I traveled to Bangor to the Bag of Bones booksigning at Betts Bookstore - this time I only had a couple of minutes with SK. I told him that I was at the DC performance of the RBR ad that it was one of the best concerts I had been to. He said then "you don't get out much if you think we were good" and laughed. Then he added "Warren [Zevon] was rocking though wasn't he?" I replied that I had actually met Warren Zevon in Hawaii (another story for another time) more than 20 years ago and that I drank a bunch of beer and partied with him for the better part of a Saturday night and Sunday morning! King laughed again and said "Warren doesn't drink anymore, nor do I for that matter, that's probably a good thing!" Then I was shuffled out the back door of Betts and onto the street.

It was a teriffic three days I might add!!!!!!!

I am sure he remembers me! I also have written a few storeis that have been given to him; one in a SKEMERs published collection of short stories and one in a real to life publication where I was paid for my submission. Yeah he knows me! :-)
    You met Stephen King and Warren Zevon? Lucky.

+ Reply to Thread