Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Non-Stephen King) Proofs & ARCs

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Default (Non-Stephen King) Proofs & ARCs

Thought this might be fun.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

New today:

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

One of my P&J is a slipcased Stardust ARC:

I also have a Graveyard Book and View from the Cheap Seats proof.

Other than those the only other proof I have is Terry Pratchetts 'Night Watch. Only 140 of these apparantly...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this thread is not getting any love at all.

A few years ago I started collecting Whitley Strieber proofs. I used to really like Whitley's writing until he went away from horror into the alien abduction thing. I still really like the earlier horror books he wrote. His first book, The Wolfen, is easy to find in the proof state. And his later ecological stuff like Warday, Nature's End, etc. is pretty easy to get. But besides The Wolfen his early horror books have been difficult for me to find. I was excited to finally get his second book, Night Church, in the proof state the other day. Probably very good minus with a front cover stain and evidence of handling and reading but, gosh, I think this one is pretty rare and I'm glad to have it no matter the condition.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's nice to see some activity here. I think it could be a really cool thread. I've been meaning to post some proofs but haven't got around to it. Congratulations on the Strieber proof Bob.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a big fan of Robert B. Parker's Spenser series and have been working on the ARCs & proofs for about a year now.
    This isn't all of what I have, but here's a few:

I have 15 total so far, many of them signed.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Being a book reviewer and a book hoarder for the last 15 years, I have hundreds of horror (non-King) proofs. Will try to take some pics tonight. Love this thread so far!
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Along those lines, I'm a recovering bookseller, so I have hundreds of proofs laying around. Some nice ones in the shelves, and lots piled and in boxes.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

US and UK proofs of Blood Music by Greg Bear, both signed. One of my favorite books of all time.

Some other ARCs of books that I like

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff so far. Like the sigler books firemonkey.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Here are mine. Not a big arc collector but have a few.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Starting with 'A', these are my Isaac Asimov proofs:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Joe. I love those Wool proofs. Good stuff.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff! Love the asimov's. I think that it's the first time I hear someone here having some
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting thread! Alas, I only have three proofs/ARCs by authors other than King and none of them are rare: a Heart Shaped Box (Joe Hill) ARC, and both the proof and the ARC for Sphere (Michael Crichton). I could take some pics if anyone is interested.

I never heard of Whitley Strieber, Bob. Interesting! And great collection of Asimov's, Steve. I'm sure you have more up your sleeve...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Very interesting thread! Alas, I only have three proofs/ARCs by authors other than King and none of them are rare: a Heart Shaped Box (Joe Hill) ARC, and both the proof and the ARC for Sphere (Michael Crichton). I could take some pics if anyone is interested.

I never heard of Whitley Strieber, Bob. Interesting! And great collection of Asimov's, Steve. I'm sure you have more up your sleeve...
    I would like to see the Sphere proof and ARC, if you have a chance. I have one of them and would like to see the other. Sphere was a great great book. One of my favorites.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The ARC looks like a softcover version of the trade edition, the proof has plain green wrappers. I'll try to get a pic up tonight.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The ARC looks like a softcover version of the trade edition, the proof has plain green wrappers. I'll try to get a pic up tonight.
    Ahh, then I have the ARC. Was the proof hard to find?

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I never looked for it specifically. I accidentally came across a copy years ago when I was really getting into King proofs. It was $75, which I thought was pretty cheap since I was used to the prices for King items. So I bought it but never really followed through on collecting non-King proofs.

I've seen a couple of copies listed for $25-50 since. So I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to find with a little patience.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Robert Bloch proofs, plus one manuscript:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

WOW, those Robert Bloch proofs!! I'm in heaven. I need to start collecting some of those!
    ~Jonathan

Okay, here are some of mine. These are more of the older ones I've ended up with over the years. I usually just snag them if they are bargains online, quite a few of them have been signed at conventions over the years as well. The bottom photos are mass market paperback ARCs. I have tons and tons more buried in shelves, stacked in corners and on my desk, mostly ones produced in the last 10 years.

~Jonathan

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's cool seeing all these proofs. Jonathan, I remember buying the paperback of Slob by Rex Miller way back in the day... you have a huge collection of proofs! One of the perks of being a reviewer I guess.

Here's some I pulled off the shelf. Most of these I've had for about 25 years. Steve, the Forward the Foundation here is the UK proof. The Pratchett proofs were signed in person. One of the Barker's and the Koontz also signed.

Nice proofs from you as well! I have a soft spot for Richard Laymon's THE STAKE. Love that one!

Will try to get more pics of mine...kind of hard when they are all over the room. I have little organization to my "general horror" collection these days as I'm constantly running out of bookshelf space.
    ~Jonathan

Is that FORWARD THE FOUNDATION the UK proof? I want it!

Orson Scott Card proofs with four Bloch's I forgot were on another shelf:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast