Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King -Collecting Information

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I see Owen King is appearing at the Hay Winter Weekend on November 23rd. Does anyone know if he is making any other UK appearances?
    Thanks.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Just when you think you see the light at the end of the U.K. 1st editions tunnel it turns out that there are still more books to add to the list.... VJ BOOKS has indeed issued 32 books with Owen King tipped in signature pages these were issued with no stickers on the cover but there is a VJ BOOK.COM sticker added to the brodart back flap & no snake covers. When I discovered that there were four images on the books I was able to increase my order.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This really is getting out of hand.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BIG TIME. I didn't play the game on this one... thank heavens. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thank goodness I only have the ebook and audiobook, both incidently, free on the internet

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Do these really qualify as different states? They seem more like "after market" enhancements to me.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has extra slipcase from Cemetery Dance please PM me! Thank you
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Do these really qualify as different states? They seem more like "after market" enhancements to me.
    Well technically the tipped in sheets are from the publisher.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Thank goodness I only have the ebook and audiobook, both incidently, free on the internet
    Wow, I wonder which lawful organisation can afford to give these away for free while still paying the authors their royalties?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post

Wow, I wonder which lawful organisation can afford to give these away for free while still paying the authors their royalties?
    None that I know of. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Vjbooks puts their sticker on every book they sell.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Project Gutenberg is a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". It was founded in 1971 by Michael S. Hart and is the oldest digital library.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Project Gutenberg is a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". It was founded in 1971 by Michael S. Hart and is the oldest digital library.
    I'm pretty sure Project Gutenberg does not include current best sellers by Stephen King. Or ANY Stephen King book for that matter.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I'm pretty sure Project Gutenberg does not include current best sellers by Stephen King. Or ANY Stephen King book for that matter.
    That is correct, they only digitize books in which the copyright has expired and it is now considered public

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

That is correct, they only digitize books in which the copyright has expired and it is now considered public
    I love Project Gutenberg! There is a lot of "out of copyright" material that is well worth reading, and Project Gutenberg provides it.

So, RT?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There was some speculation that the U.K. Airport editions only had the Tiger variant. I can confirm that ALL Four animals are are available on the Airport edition.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If I’m not mistaken here’s a recap of the UK versions of Sleeping Beauties:

Proof
    Hodder snake
    Hodder tiger
    Hodder moth
    Hodder fox
    WH Smith snake
    WH Smith tiger
    WH Smith moth
    WH Smith fox
    Tesco peacock
    Waterstones s/l
    Airport fox
    Airport moth
    Airport tiger
    Airport snake

John

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Proof
    Hodder snake
    Hodder tiger
    Hodder moth
    Hodder fox
    WH Smith snake
    WH Smith tiger
    WH Smith moth
    WH Smith fox
    Tesco peacock
    Waterstones s/l
    Airport fox
    Airport moth
    Airport tiger
    Airport snake

John
    That pretty much covers it...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Proof
    Hodder snake
    Hodder tiger
    Hodder moth
    Hodder fox
    WH Smith snake
    WH Smith tiger
    WH Smith moth
    WH Smith fox
    Tesco peacock
    Waterstones s/l
    Airport fox
    Airport moth
    Airport tiger
    Airport snake

John
    Just plain stupid. I will never get on bored with this type of tom foolery. Never... The space required for this book alone has got to be one of the largest waste of spaces on a collectors shelf.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of glad that I'm not collecting anymore. If I were, I'd probably be chasing each of these (except for the TPB airport editions). It's the completist in me.

John

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hodder&Stoughton knows how collectors think. Smart.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    LOL not really... have you not seen how they ship????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    LOL not really... have you not seen how they ship????
    Not really. I always used the premium shipping by Jon or Simon

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for all the variants of the UK Sleeping Beauties TPB Airport Editions if anyone can help. Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Proof
    Hodder snake
    Hodder tiger
    Hodder moth
    Hodder fox
    WH Smith snake
    WH Smith tiger
    WH Smith moth
    WH Smith fox
    Tesco peacock
    Waterstones s/l
    Airport fox
    Airport moth
    Airport tiger
    Airport snake

John
    Just plain stupid. I will never get on bored with this type of tom foolery. Never... The space required for this book alone has got to be one of the largest waste of spaces on a collectors shelf.
    I can appreciate your opinion, brother, but to call others collecting habits "stupid" or "a waste of space"; not cool IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast