Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King -Collecting Information

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Conpletists could be in trouble with this one.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone who can help me with a WHSmith edition?
    No matter what variant is underneath LOL

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Conpletists could be in trouble with this one.
    LOL thats an understatement!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok it’s bad news completists...

The WHSmith variant not only has all 4 animals but IS different. The embossing is done in purple, rather than blue on the standard 1st edition... that means 4 WH Smith variants to add to the list.

I’m torn now, I really don’t know that I want this many copies of 1 book
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This is ridiculous...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Someone who can help me with a WHSmith edition?
    No matter what variant is underneath LOL
    PM sent

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m just going to get one WHSmith edition. Too many to collect on this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

The WHSmith variant not only has all 4 animals but IS different. The embossing is done in purple, rather than blue on the standard 1st edition... that means 4 WH Smith variants to add to the list.

Was just going to post a similar thing. My whsmiths book is a snake, but in purple.

This and the s/l are all I need though! This to read, the s/l to collect.

Is anyone still going for a full house of UK variants now?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just the one WH Smith for me and the one regular UK 1st. And the USA 1st. And the UK S/L. And the USA S/L. And the USA Gift Edition.

Fucking Hell

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Its at the airport.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

These types of shenanigans is why I stopped collecting comic books around 1996. It became a craze to start having multiple variants of the covers. Some bagged, some not etc. I think this is a good excuse to not collect UK editions. I was going to still try for UK S/L's but I think I will drop that too, for 3 reasons:

1) high price of PS lettered's
    2) Colorado kid shenanigans
    3) I missed out on the Waterstone's Sleeping Beauties S/L

well 4 reasons

4) I want to retire some day
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And yet another variant on the UK......

"Sleeping Beauties arrives tomorrow, and another hidden cover has emerged! Lurking beneath the dust jacket on the Tesco edition of Sleeping Beauties you'll find a gorgeously foiled peacock.

You'll be able to find it in Tesco stores across and UK, and you can also order it online here:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/sleepin...&source=others

All the hidden covers will be disappearing after the first print run – so you'll have to be quick if you want to catch one!"

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you think that there are 4 purple variants then?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    SIMON SAYS....YES!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. All 4 animals confirmed for WH Smith purple copies.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

Was just going to post a similar thing. My whsmiths book is a snake, but in purple.

This and the s/l are all I need though! This to read, the s/l to collect.

Is anyone still going for a full house of UK variants now?
    I'm going for a semi-full house of all the UK 1st/1st variants, WH Smith included. Probably not S/Ls for a bit. Hope to snag a US signed 1st/1st copy from the events once the hype dies down. Probably next year I'm guessing. Might try for an only Owen signed UK 1st/1st as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy fuck, so there are :
    - 4 animal variants + tesco's peacock variant
    - Whsmith purple variants : 4 animal variants because I guess that the peacock Tesco exclusive isnt part of those
    - Waterstone signed limited edition : 250 sold out copies

Airport : only 1 version I guess / hope?

Scribner : 1 version (?)
    Cemetery Dance : upcoming signed limited edition?

Did I forget anything?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Holy fuck, so there are :
    - 4 animal variants + tesco's peacock variant
    - Whsmith purple variants : 4 animal variants because I guess that the peacock Tesco exclusive isnt part of those
    - Waterstone signed limited edition : 250 sold out copies

Airport : only 1 version I guess / hope?

Scribner : 1 version (?)
    Cemetery Dance : upcoming signed limited edition?

Did I forget anything?
    CD = Gift + Signed limited + Lettered = 3 editions
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kindle version and audio ��

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok well this gonna be a nightmare...

It seems books are being delivered to stores in blocks of the same image. My local Waterstones had predominantly Snakes as did the WHSmith. I have managed to pick up a few of the other animals, but it’s gonna be a busy day of traveling around!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Somebody has screwed up royally on the ordering of these books. I’m not sure if it because it’s a book by Steve AND Owen rather than just Steve, but the stock in ALL the shops I have visited has been ridiculously low. Most stores have only 5 or 6 books, that’s all they have been sent. I went to the WH Smith in my nearest large city (Coventry) and they had been sent ONE! Big supermarket chains other than Tesco have very limited (if any) books...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Somebody has screwed up royally on the ordering of these books. I’m not sure if it because it’s a book by Steve AND Owen rather than just Steve, but the stock in ALL the shops I have visited has been ridiculously low. Most stores have only 5 or 6 books, that’s all they have been sent. I went to the WH Smith in my nearest large city (Coventry) and they had been sent ONE! Big supermarket chains other than Tesco have very limited (if any) books...
    I noticed this with Gwendy's too, Simon. Smiths, Asda, Tesco etc had NO copies. I had to get mine online.

Maybe not enough profit in it for them? Or more people are ordering online? Dunno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast