Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King -Collecting Information

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Book Depository (UK-based, but owned by the Amazon group) also have the UK edition listed now (and cheaper than Waterstones)...
    I'm not finding it cheaper than Waterstones.. Do you have a link?
    Thanks
    RF provided it earlier in the thread. Here it is again..
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Book Depository (UK-based, but owned by the Amazon group) also have the UK edition listed now (and cheaper than Waterstones)...
    I'm not finding it cheaper than Waterstones.. Do you have a link?
    Thanks
    RF provided it earlier in the thread. Here it is again..
    I think peripheral wanted the book depository link.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Couldn't get your link to work, Becca. But this one worked for me: https://www.bookdepository.com/Sleep...?ref=grid-view

I always order my UK releases from Book Depository. I've always received first editions and always free shipping anywhere! Can't beat that!
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I was planning on buying 2 and after shipping, it was $2 more from Book Depository. But after Waterstones murdered so many copies of Charlie, I feel better ordering from them!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

From the CD website today (03/31/17):

I’m extremely excited to report we will be publishing a special edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES by Stephen King and Owen King. I cannot say more at this time, other than we’ve already read this massive novel and we’re incredibly thrilled to be able to publish it in three different deluxe editions. Details to come later this year, and again, we’re not accepting reservations yet, but we expect this one to sell out in record time.

I know this is being discussed in CD thread....but thought it appropriate to post here as well.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Your kidding, right?
    I mentioned in another thread that I had a few extra.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone any thoughts on whether there will be a uk signed for this? I.e. From Hodder & Stoughton?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Sorry, Jerome. I must have been sleepwalking. A member just offered me one, so I'm good!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the H & S edition will have FOUR variants only seen UNDER the dust jacket, ordering from Amazon or any other on-line bookstore will be a lottery. These variations will only appear on the first printings. Variant completists start weeping now...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sigh. Just added it to my tab please, Simon.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I give up. Might as well kick my own balls.

I'm just liquidating my 401k and buying everything there is (including Bob's collection)...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm simply done with UK books unless it's the true first edition.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I give up. Might as well kick my own balls.

I'm just liquidating my 401k and buying everything there is (including Bob's collection)...
    Would be a helluva an estate sell for sure!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, posted this in the other thread before I saw it here.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Order 4 and they will all be the same front board...and be thrown on your front porch in a gunny sack.

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently there will be a sticker on the outside of the DJ identifying what lies beneath. Although stated random selection when you pre-order; I fear what RF stated and they'll all be the same front board when ordered together. Still, I'm probably going to order from several sources outside of Waterstones. If I do end up with multiple copies of the same front board, I'll sell to members here at my cost plus shipping. Something to keep in mind if you wouldn't otherwise fool with the whole mess.

Something's hiding beneath the Sleeping Beauties cover...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Oh me too. 100%...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Sleeping Beauties breaks on Sept 26 both here & in the U.K......So I have 3 words for you.....
    Spoiler:
    "GREENWICH MEAN TIME" The day starts in LONDON...so as you can see the TRUE 1st EDITION IS the U.K. EDITION.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have three letters for you:

Spoiler:
    USA
    In most instances collectors don't give a hoot about "World First Edition" claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have three letters for you:

Spoiler:
    USA
    In most instances collectors don't give a hoot about "World First Edition" claims.
    AND I HAVE THREE WORDS FOR YOU.....
    Spoiler:
    "IN MOST INSTANCES".

TRUE 1ST EDITION of "RIDING THE BULLET"

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you just proved RF's point there Bruce!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd much rather have USA 1st editions. I have both UK and US editions in my collection but if it came to it USA editions every time for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast