Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King -Collecting Information

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

But which will be "RARER" based on print run,book cover variations (1st editions only?) Let's say 10,000 first print run that's only 2,500 of each cover (we know that Gwendy's Button Box was in a 4th printing in no time at all),dust jacket variation (WHSiith) & postage to the states? The only rare ones here will be the ones signed on the tour. (Not counting S/L editions)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    But which will be "RARER" based on print run,book cover variations (1st editions only?),dust jacket variation (WHSiith) & postage to the states? The only rare ones here will be the ones signed on the tour. (Not counting S/L editions)
    It doesn't matter which is more "rarer", it only matters which is considered more desirable for most collector's.

There might be an upside down bound one that is extremely "rare", but that doesn't make it more collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But which will be "RARER" based on print run,book cover variations (1st editions only?),dust jacket variation (WHSiith) & postage to the states? The only rare ones here will be the ones signed on the tour. (Not counting S/L editions)
    It doesn't matter which is more "rarer", it only matters which is considered more desirable for most collector's.

There might be an upside down bound one that is extremely "rare", but that doesn't make it more collectible.
    YEA! The one with the MILLION PLUS print run is going to be the MOST DESIRABLE..
    FOOD FOR THOUGH! Does it state anywhere that you will be getting a signed 1st edition?
    Seems to me on the last tour they were handing out latter editions.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

YEA! The one with the MILLION PLUS print run is going to be the MOST DESIRABLE..
    FOOD FOR THOUGH! Does it state that you will be getting a signed 1st edition?

IT

US 1st/1st-~900,000 printings. Try to find a F/F for ~$100.

UK 1st/1st, F/F with likely less than 50,000 printed, ~$100

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is getting off topic (me too). Time to take the debate/discussion to another thread.

FOOD FOR THOUGH! Does it state that you will be getting a signed 1st edition?

IT

US 1st/1st-~900,000 printings. Try to find a F/F for ~$100.

UK 1st/1st, F/F with likely less than 50,000 printed, ~$100
    You use a 21 year old book as an example?

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Waterstones just announced a signed Sleeping Beauties limited to 250 copies. It’s available for pre-order for £250; limited to one per customer. It doesn’t mention any UK address only restrictions as some UK S/L’s have in the past. I was just able to order one a few minutes ago, so unless my credit card company decides to flag the purchase for being to an overseas vendor, as they sometimes do, it looks like I’ve got one headed my way.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/sle.../9781473678019

Description:
    A beautiful edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, limited to 250 copies, signed by both the authors, with deluxe binding, slipcase and coloured endpapers available exclusively through Waterstones.

Already out in some stores in the U.K.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Already out in some stores in the U.K.
    Really? source?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Someone here posted photos of the book in a store & then I could not find the post again was going to ask them to show a better of the sticker on the cover. check around the site had to be a U.K. member.

I still can't find the post...I wonder if it may have been a bookstore employee who snuck out a copy from the back room & placed IT on the shelf & took a picture (there was only one copy of Sleeping Beauties showing in the picture)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So it would appear that the release of Sleeping Beauties will be adding five books to my collection...

A US 1st edition
    A signed US 1st Edition
    A CD GE
    A CD S/L
    A Waterstones S/L

Really need to buy a new bookshelf.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So it would appear that the release of Sleeping Beauties will be adding five books to my collection...

A US 1st edition
    A signed US 1st Edition
    A CD GE
    A CD S/L
    A Waterstones S/L

I agree. I have the same dilemma...except I can't afford a new bookshelf...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in the same situation....but I suppose if we both stopped buying books, we would be able to.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For the completists it’s considerably worse. In addition to the above...
    US first signed by Owen (available from certain bookstores)
    UK 1st WH Smith ‘purple’ edition
    UK 1st Waterstones limited -Snake variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Tiger variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Moth variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Fox variant

Plus there is still a possibility that the WHSmith limited ALSO has the variant books underneath!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I still can't find the post...I wonder if it may have been a bookstore employee who snuck out a copy from the back room & placed IT on the shelf & took a picture (there was only one copy of Sleeping Beauties showing in the picture)
    There’s a thread in The Oracle about the book. Niels posted a link to a photo from a fellow Dutchman who got the book last week in Rotterdam. I think that’s what you’re looking for.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    For the completists it’s considerably worse. In addition to the above...
    US first signed by Owen (available from certain bookstores)
    UK 1st WH Smith ‘purple’ edition
    UK 1st Waterstones limited -Snake variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Tiger variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Moth variant
    UK 1st Waterstones limited - Fox variant

Plus there is still a possibility that the WHSmith limited ALSO has the variant books underneath!
    There is also a Tescos exclusive variant with a peacock under the cover...

https://mobile.twitter.com/HodderBoo...16859226214400

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh CR@P.... now a Peacock variant!

everyone on my list PM me, you know who you are...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

A US 1st edition
    A signed US 1st Edition
    A CD GE
    A CD S/L
    A Waterstones S/L

Don't forget your lettered to mate
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that some people also hunt down the AIRPORT edition?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S/L's ONLY for me. And a 1st US. Have to draw a line somewhere
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my WH Smith editions in the post today:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Got my WH Smith editions in the post today:
    What’s under the cover? Does it have an image?

(Picking up mine on the way home!)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All 3 copies have this on front board:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    All 3 copies have this on front board:
    Hmm inconclusive. So the WH Smith editions DO have an image, but it may or may not be just the tiger. I’ll report back what mine is when I pick it up later.

TBH I think it’s a moot point as there seems to be no difference in the actual book, so a WH Smith DJ could be put on a standard book and create (for example) a Snake WHSmith combination limited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast