Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King -Collecting Information

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    stroppygoblin, thanks for the wrap-up of all the UK variants. By the way, is the volume on the left in this picture one of the "standard" H&S blue editions, or something else?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KSAAAO...8P/s-l1600.jpg

HBJ
    Yeah, that's the standard UK edition that will feature one of the four animals on the front board. The other variant has a peacock on the front board and will say "TESCO" on the cover sticker as it's exclusive to them.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks, Officer! I have seen pictures of the standard editions of course, just not one with that sticker on it.

HBJ

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Thanks, Officer! I have seen pictures of the standard editions of course, just not one with that sticker on it.

HBJ
    They should all have a sticker on them, unless the person who took the photo removed it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Just got a reply for H & S regarding what happens after the 1st print run are sold. The book will go to a plain board, no animal at all. This means all of the animals should be equally common, with the possible exception of the Tesco peacock. H & S do not divulge print run numbers, so I would list them as follows:

H & S standard Blue - Equal numbers of each animal
    WH Smith Purple - Equal numbers of each animal, but less overall books than H & S (as the standard H & S is sold in multiple stores and retail chains)
    Tesco Peacock. I would rate this as the least common, Tesco has lots of stores, but based on quantities in store, the overall numbers for an individual animal are probably lower than WH Smith.

I have nothing to back the above up, but it seems right. From personal experience, a full set of WH Smith is much harder to get than a full set of standard H & S.

Oh and for the purpose of clarity, Waterstones sell the standard H & S Blue, there is no Waterstones specific book (other than the S/L of course)
    Also, let's not forget the UK proof

>>>> https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3rp2xH...lubstephenking
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

NO CLUE WHAT LIES BENEATH!

Just like the U.K. edition of Gwendy's Button Box Sleeping Beauties jumped from 1st printings to 4th. Can someone confirm that as I assume that the complete 2nd & 3rd printings where shipped to places like Australia & New Zealand & does Canada still import a large amount of books from the U.K.? So did these places wind up with all the 2nd & 3rd printings?
    old example same book but DR.NO U.K.,CANADA & AUSTRALIA.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered my Hodder Sleeping Beauty through Book Depository (UK) within the first two weeks of it being available to pre-order, and received a 1st impression.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I pre-ordered my Hodder Sleeping Beauty through Book Depository (UK) within the first two weeks of it being available to pre-order, and received a 1st impression.
    How was there packaging, Peri? Book Depository that is.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my box of 8 today from UK Amazon and due to poor packaging, all sustained some type of DJ damage and each corner is bumped on each copy.

Bad Packaging Jobs

They all, however, are 1st impressions if anyone is interested. 6 snake variants and 2 moths.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    How was there packaging, Peri? Book Depository that is.
    Exactly the same as watestones. A single layer carboard box, but it’s usually tightly / snugly packed (my waterstones packing could have fit 19 S/L’s in it). Having said that, 9/10 books arrive fine, and I don’t really worry bc they’re usually not collectible / valuable.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but for those that collect them, the UK Airport editions have the 4 different animals as well. Apologies in advance, but I really cant trawl the UK's airports looking for a set of these. Much as I love to help out, a line has to be drawn somewhere!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

At this point in time I am sure glad I didn't start collecting Airport Editions.
    [

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    At this point in time I am sure glad I didn't start collecting Airport Editions.
    Yeah, so’s Simon

Country
    Country Flag

That's really cool how they placed the image on the inside cover. Excuse my ignorance here and realizing that they are called Airport editions; can they only be found in UK Airports and does the US do anything long these lines?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really cool how they placed the image on the inside cover. Excuse my ignorance here and realizing that they are called Airport editions; can they only be found in UK Airports and does the US do anything long these lines?
    UK airports, but I believe Australia have similar editions (but show printed in Australia) and I don't think the US has an equivalent.

Country
    Country Flag

UK airports, but I believe Australia have similar editions (but show printed in Australia) and I don't think the US has an equivalent.
    Thanks, Simon. Although I normally wouldn't even consider a PB, I'm really wanting these now

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did the Tesco editions have some sort of defect with the glue or was that just particular copies? I saw one posted on eBay and in the description the seller stated it was a "manufacturing flaw" or something to that effect.
    Am looking for a Tesco peacock if anyone has an extra

A flaw in what way?

Most have been one of Simon's "REJECTS"

Thanks, Simon. Although I normally wouldn't even consider a PB, I'm really wanting these now
    HAVE A NICE FLIGHT TO THE U..K & say HELLO to Simon while you are there & then I hear that Melbourne leg of your trip is a real BITCH.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

A flaw in what way?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172922617842
    Seller description says manufacturing flaw so I was checking to see if this was a common thing with these or a just this seller thing, lol

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    A flaw in what way?

Seller description says manufacturing flaw so I was checking to see if this was a common thing with these or a just this seller thing, lol
    Looks more like someone ripped the front board off of the book than a manufacturing flaw.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    A flaw in what way?

Looks more like someone ripped the front board off of the book than a manufacturing flaw.
    It's awful isn't it! He should be paying someone to take it, not charging

Like I stated before the ONLY valuable unsigned 1st editions of Sleeping Beauties will be the FINE U.K. 1st editions & THANKS to the shippers & handlers & low print runs the value just keeps going up. Anybody want to buy my fine unsigned Portland event copy for the $32.50(Just whatI paid) plus postage? ( I will even throw in the Powell"s paper sack it came in)
    Remember this book was in the same building as Stephen & Owen King.

Country
    Country Flag

HAVE A NICE FLIGHT TO THE U..K & say HELLO to Simon while you are there & then I hear that Melbourne leg of your trip is a real BITCH.
    Perhaps trying my luck with BD would be a tad bit cheaper

Country
    Country Flag

Jon P posted the following question on this collection thread. Anyone have any insight to this? Thanks!

QUESTION

Over the weekend I picked up a copy of the UK Trade paperback at London Gatwick Airport for a member. I was asked to pick up all variant covers. Admittedly they only had two copies, BUT has anyone seen any other animal on the airport edition apart from a Tiger! The picture on Facebook that Simon posted upthread is a tiger, the copy Steve has is a tiger and all the copies I've seen (two) are tigers. I think possibly the airport edition only contains a tiger, as Hodder and most collectors don't consider airport editions collectable and probably wouldn't go through the additional expense of producing additional covers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast