Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Sleeping Beauties: new Stephen King novel with Owen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool that the kids would record the books.

Is Marin Ireland a good reader? As I'll probably listen rather than read it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I’m swapping between reading and listening. Gotta love whispersync. I’m hapoy with Marin’s narration. She’s doing a good job so far.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

I’m swapping between reading and listening. Gotta love whispersync. I’m hapoy with Marin’s narration. She’s doing a good job so far.
    I found her voice a little irritating. I've switched to just reading for now.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else get their Owen signed book from Oblong and have it all beat to hell?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Anybody else get their Owen signed book from Oblong and have it all beat to hell?
    Oh no . I ordered one the other day but it hasn't arrived yet. Poorly packaged, Dez?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no . I ordered one the other day but it hasn't arrived yet. Poorly packaged, Dez?

Yep. A 12x12" piece of bubble wrap tossed into a box with the book on top. I placed 2 orders - one for myself and another for a UK member. Both came the same way and in the same condition. *sigh*

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. A 12x12" piece of bubble wrap tossed into a box with the book on top. I placed 2 orders - one for myself and another for a UK member. Both came the same way and in the same condition. *sigh*
    Nice. WTF with these bookstores?! You'd think out of anyone, they'd know the value of a book to a collector. Maybe I'm assuming too much or my expectations are too high. Thank God Water Street has their shit together. I'm going to fire off an email to Oblong requesting better packaging based on your experience, Dez. You sending yours back?

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. WTF with these bookstores?! You'd think out of anyone, they'd know the value of a book to a collector. Maybe I'm assuming too much or my expectations are too high. Thank God Water Street has their shit together. I'm going to fire off an email to Oblong requesting better packaging based on your experience, Dez. You sending yours back?
    Don't know yet. Problem is mine was just signed. The fellow member's was inscribed with more than his name. (He hasn't seen it, and it's not mine to share, so don't ask!) Mine would be easy to replace, his not so much.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got mine today. The packaging was somewhat primitive but the book was none the worse. I give them kudos for getting them mailed out so quickly as I didn't expect it for a while. Anyone who attended the Hudson Valley event would be somewhat dubious of their organizational skills as they set up the book distribution just outside the exit door creating an impassable jam. Nice people, but not great organizers.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no! So sorry that happened. I ordered a UK Owen signed copy from VJ Books and was considering canceling and getting one personalized from Oblong. Glad I didn't.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm the UK member that Dez kindly ordered the book for. It's a shame about the damage in transit, but I think the dedication from Owen makes up for it. Pretty cool!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

That is a cool inscription, Simon!

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Where is the actual discussion thread for this book? I looked in Cara Laughs and didn't see any. Surely it's okay to be discussing by now, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Feel free to start one there!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Winner of the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards for HORROR:

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawar...ror-books-2017
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A message from Owen from the latest Scribner newsletter

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Sleeping Beauties" is nominated to the "Superior Achievement in a Novel" at the Bram Stoker awards, while Joe's "Stranger Weatber" is too for the collection :
    >>> http://horror.org/2017-bram-stoker-awards-final-ballot/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8