Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preacher

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Preacher

You know what to do.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't want to add another show, but I couldn't help myself. The pilot was very solid.

I still have to whittle my shows down come September.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure how I feel about all the liberties that they took with the source material. I didn't hate it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit disappointed. I'll hang in for a couple more episodes and see if it gets any better.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it a lot.

Arseface was uncomfortable to look at, I loved it.

JC's the Word being literal might give us some hilarious scenes until he figures out how to control himself.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never read the comics - hell, didn't even know they exist. But I liked it enough to keep watching...for now...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about all the liberties that they took with the source material. I didn't hate it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit disappointed. I'll hang in for a couple more episodes and see if it gets any better.
    I'm fine with all the changes, honestly. The comic wasn't exactly air tight either. The way they're approaching it, the characters will actually feel like characters instead of punch lines.

Dominic Cooper is a fantastic Jesse.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying very hard to convince my wife to watch this. She is being difficult.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoyed the HELL out of it.

My viewing experience was made more complete by some folks travelling door to door witnessing knocking on the door shortly after I began viewing on my DVR the day after it premiered. They wanted to come in to talk to me about Jesus. I wanted to invite them in to watch Preacher. I smiled, took their tract and wished them well and had a helluva good time watching that premiere!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Enjoyed the HELL out of it.

My viewing experience was made more complete by some folks travelling door to door witnessing knocking on the door shortly after I began viewing on my DVR the day after it premiered. They wanted to come in to talk to me about Jesus. I wanted to invite them in to watch Preacher. I smiled, took their tract and wished them well and had a helluva good time watching that premiere!
    People... ...open the door for those people. Who knew?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, I hate that we had to wait 2 weeks for the 2nd episode.

What kinda bullshit is that?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good things come to those who wait...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cassidy's brogue is so think i couldn't make out what he said just before the madcap melee on the plane.

I could tell more of what Arseface was saying than Cassidy at times, lol

Im wondering why everything went all buck wild. I am sure I will re-watch soon though.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's precisely why I always watch shows with subtitles on.

Not being able to understand what a character is saying bugs the beejesus out of me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's precisely why I always watch shows with subtitles on.

Not being able to understand what a character is saying bugs the beejesus out of me.
    I do that with video games, but not with shows. Do you do it with movies too? I just rewind if I miss something.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still watching and enjoying it - even though I have no idea wtf is going on half the time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The show is cramming in a LOT of story lines from the comic in these first few episodes. Too much.

Jesse coming to terms with his powers, Tulip's schemes, Cassidy's supernatural background and involvement with the 'government agents', QC&P, The Grail, the gunslinger from 1881 etc.

It's a lot to juggle. Hopefully they shelf some of the arcs for later seasons and give some of these threads room to breath.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'm still watching and enjoying it - even though I have no idea wtf is going on half the time.
    I'm with you!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we not going to talk about that batshit crazy S1 finale!?

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Are we not going to talk about that batshit crazy S1 finale!?
    It was so bat shit crazy I don't know where to start. I think I'll re watch it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Done with this show... what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the whole season. I had no idea what to expect and I can honestly say the show is unlike anything else on TV. There were some straight up, legit fucked up shit going down and I couldn't get enough of it. The finale was excellent and sets up what is going to be an even crazier second season.

Also, Ruth Negga is my newest crush.

Country
    Country Flag

I loved it!!! I finally figured out most things - except the weird mascot and the "Indian". By the god of MEAT, I loved the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I loved it!!! I finally figured out most things - except the weird mascot and the "Indian". By the god of MEAT, I loved the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One was replacing the other as the local team mascot. I forget which was which. The final "Talking Preacher" helped make sense of the prior goings on and the direction the show will now take. A "Road show" as the threesome rides around the country looking for God in order to kick his ass.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Brujon will become famous soon enough Brujon's Avatar

I've been meaning to watch. I had no idea the season had already ended. Guess that means I can finally binge watch, as is my preferred method anyhow

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brujon View Post
    I've been meaning to watch. I had no idea the season had already ended. Guess that means I can finally binge watch, as is my preferred method anyhow
    Preacher will be an easy show to binge on. There's not a lot of wasted moments or filler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast