Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is the DT saga really over?

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by movieman19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malficeus View Post
    as much as i want there to be more in my heart i fell like there will not be maybe more comics like gunslinger born but probably not stories......sad

Ummm, what?
    if you read it very slowly you can understand it. There are not any punctuation which is impressive. I have a friend that does this and I have the same reaction as you when we IM each other. A 5 minute conversation can take up about 20 minutes

I've heard that this is a somewhat of a prequel to the series so I figured it would be pretty easy to find. I looked and looked and never found it. Is this hard to find?

Also, other than this story what are the main novels that deal alot with the series? I've read The Stand and most of It. I know most of his books have little things regarding TDT but what are the main books other than the two I just mentioned above. I'd love to find out so I can read them.
    lol sorry guys i jump thought is my problem so what i originally think changes fast and i change the wording

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I voted no, but only because you said Novels on yes. I believe he'll do backstories on some of his characters, but no full fledged novels.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    ...only because you said Novels on yes. I believe he'll do backstories on some of his characters, but no full fledged novels.
    which makes it odd the way the question is phrased since The Silmarillion is not a novel, but a collection of stories about related characters and events.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope Stephen will write more on The Dark Tower series. I am reading the Dark Tower 7,
    Spoiler:
    just got to the part where eddie got shot in the head,
    I love this series.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted yes, only because I would like one more book of Roland's final loop and then the story be over when he reaches the tower for the last and final time.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given how long the books ended up being, I'd say that seven books is enough. I'm sure there are critics who'd say that the series could be shortened by a book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like it to be longer, i'd like More Eddie, Sussanah, Jake and Oy stories, rather than Cuthbert, Alain and Jamie de Curry. I'd also like a DTVIII about Roland's final loop, but i'm sure a lot of people out there would hate it, if the ending shouwed what was at the top of the tower. I'd really love to find out, but i'm naturally curious and hate "Loose ends".
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

bump

I voted no, but only because I do not believe Stephen will write more novels pertaining to the DT. I DO THINK he will revise some or all of the other books and think it likely that he writes some of the backstory. Now we will learn (and are learning at present) some of the backstory in Wizard & Glass with the Long Road Home comic arc and we have been told the story of Jerricho Hill will be told thru the comics. I think this will inspire King to write a more complete story in his own words regarding these events/topics because Marvel won't get it "just right."

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More back stories would be great. Can't see him writing another DT novel.

John F. Kennedy Scar is on a distinguished road Scar's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't realize there were other works directly linked to DT. I have just started book five. Should I have already read Little Sisters of Eluria? I already read Everything Eventual but it was some time ago and many books ago and definitely way before I started DT or even knew of Roland. (OMG! was there really life before DT?)
    What books should I have already read (Besides the obvious 1,2,3 and 4) prior to starting WC? I know some books are thought to be "related" to DT like Lisley and others but what books would you consider imperative reading at this point?

John
    Last edited by Scar; 06-19-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: noneya

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

All things ( and books) serve the beam! I say read all of SK's books and
    you'll find connections big & small abound in them all.
    Books imperative:

The Talisman & Black House
    Insomnia
    Little Sisters
    Eyes of the Dragon
    IT

Oh bother, just start again....read them all!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

PS...As long as Sai King is alive, I believe he will
    continue to hear the song anew, he wont be able
    or be inclined to not listen again, I vote there MUST be more!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I didn't realize there were other works directly linked to DT. I have just started book five. Should I have already read Little Sisters of Eluria?
    Litte Sisters is a self contained story really, set before The Gunslinger. I'd recommend you grab it, but don't worry, it shouldn't spoil any of the main series for you.

What books should I have already read (Besides the obvious 1,2,3 and 4) prior to starting WC? I know some books are thought to be "related" to DT like Lisley and others but what books would you consider imperative reading at this point?
    John
    As others have said, Black house is a good idea, but again it won't spoil much since
    Spoiler:
    we learn some interesting stuff concerning a particular adversary, but that which we do learn isn't all that relevant to the last books in the end.

If you didn't read Salem's Lot before Wolves, you might want to do so though as there are certainly spoilers for that book in Wolves.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    As others have said, Black house is a good idea, but again it won't spoil much since
    Spoiler:
    we learn some interesting stuff concerning a particular adversary, but that which we do learn isn't all that relevant to the last books in the end.
    I'd agree that it's not "necessary" to read Black House first, though it does shed a lot of light on the CK as he is in DT-7.

Spoiler:
    His weakened state in DT-7 is explained by the destruction of his Forge in Black House.

John F. Kennedy Silvermoth is on a distinguished road Silvermoth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'ld love to see more. I'm sort of interested in who Cuthbert lost his virginity to or more of the burning of Gilead

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving this thread to Gilead and changing the title as it's not really about LSoE (that was a misunderstanding on the original posters part that LSoE was a recent book and not a reprint of a short story)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'ld love to see more. I'm sort of interested in who Cuthbert lost his virginity to or more of the burning of Gilead
    Do we even know if Cuthbert lost his virginity-I don't remember that being mentioned in Wizard & Glass or The Gunslinger.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

never over. not ever.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

yes when cuthbert lost his v-card, thats important
    although I remember when I read DT4 and he had a rather adolescent response (Ie jealousy) to rolands physical relationships ( i believe he threw a tantrum and howled "Why is he first with everything!!!")
    although when he died he was a gunslinger so I would assume he had gone down to the whorehouses the way roland did when he was younger, so yeah
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    although when he died he was a gunslinger so I would assume he had gone down to the whorehouses the way roland did when he was younger, so yeah
    No way. I can't imagine that! He was so different from Roland. I know that in that world it wasn't a thing to be shamed of but still. It wasn't Cuthbert's cup of tea.
    I hope and I think he found some girl he could love more or less.
    Anyway we are getting a little bit off topic maybe we should open a thread with the title "Cuthbert's V-card: guesses" or something like this.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy Nightfall is on a distinguished road Nightfall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've always been curious about Steven Deschain and his father, (Insert name here) The Tall, I cant remember his name off hand but I think a book or short story about them would be neat. but overall I think the actualy novels are done, but that doesnt mean I still wouldn't gobble an eigth novel about Roland's final loop down though

By the way, I like your new avatar Letti
    Last edited by Nightfall; 02-21-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Making the post a bit more relevant to the topic
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen. Richard - LFGcomic.com

Along the Path of the Beam GirlGoneNineteen is on a distinguished road GirlGoneNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The title of the thread and the OP are very different questions.

I voted yes, the series is done. I don't think King will write book VIII.

Would I like there to be more? Of course. When I finished TDT, I couldn't imagine reading about anything else. I had become so engrossed in the story of the Ka-tet and I was deeply saddened to know it was over. But the way it ended made sense to me. I understood WHY it was over.

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would definitely love more books, more about Rolands youth and what happened between WAG and Jericho hill. . I know there's the DT comics but it's not the same.

Gunslinger Apprentice The King of Kings is on a distinguished road

I voted yes, mostly for wishful thinking. Probably won't happen though. I wouldn't mind revisions of all the books though, it would be a good way to do little work and make a huge buck.

Traveler ImprisonedNtheDarkTower is on a distinguished road ImprisonedNtheDarkTower's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think there will be no more books directly associated with Roland and the Tet. But I'm sure till King dies. he will be adding many more references in other books, like Hearts In Atlantis and From a Buick 8, etc.... which to me is good enough. cuz i think the 7 books make a nice, well wheel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast