Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shining Folio Society

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The original link seems to be working for me. "The Prize" tab is blank, but there's a form on the "Prize Draw Entry" tab. I think they changed it though because on this page at the bottom is says all you need to enter is to place an order before 26 June.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there are 10 copies available for non-customers and 100 copies for customers??

I also get a blank with the new link. The old one seems to work.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea any more. When I got the email this morning the link in the email didn't work. Then I went to their site and got the first link I posted. Went back later today to look for the 10 vs 100 and the link didn't work and had a different one that said 100.
    If I click the first link I get nothing but 2 tabs that one is a form for entry the other is empty. The 2nd link takes me to a page that says 1 of 100 signed. I think they are trying to get everything situated. From my sleuthing it looks as if they took away the enter to win and went to the buy a book to be entered. The T&C for the entry form was taken down as well and the only T&C I can find are the ones for the buy a book to be entered.

TLDR:
    Basically you have to buy a book to be entered to win 1 of 100 books now.

For those of you still getting the old link try clearing your cache and see if that makes it go away, I am going to email them for clarification.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read (as in I just read - damn those double meanings) the terms and conditions - no mention of having to purchase a book. Unless they're changing that. Here's a brief snippet I just copied:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Open to non-members and new customers aged 18 or over, except employees of the Folio Society, its associated companies and suppliers. Members of employees’ immediate families (namely spouse, children, parents, siblings) are also ineligible. Existing customers and members of The Folio Society are not eligible for this competition. This promotion is void where prohibited by local law.
    No purchase necessary. Only one entry per individual permitted. Entry only via the Folio Society website at www.foliosociety.com.
    By entering the Prize Draw you may receive future email correspondence from The Folio Society. You will always be able to choose not to receive emails from us by following the unsubscribe message in any future email we send out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is what I see too...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Shining Folio Society

Chad and Kris, which link is working for you and which T&C page are you on I dont get why some links are working for some but not others

Edit
    I figured it out. If you are signed in to folio only the second link works which is why my laptop works for that one, 1/100. If you are not logged in the first link works saying 1/10 which is why my iPad works for the first link, 1/10. So I would assume there are 110.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Chad and Kris, which link is working for you and which T&C page are you on I dont get why some links are working for some but not others

Edit
    I figured it out. If you are signed in to folio only the second link works which is why my laptop works for that one, 1/100. If you are not logged in the first link works saying 1/10 which is why my iPad works for the first link, 1/10. So I would assume there are 110.
    That's interesting - for the 10 copies - the one I entered - that's for non members - so if you're a member I presume you can't enter both contests; but I guess your odds might be better if there are 100 of those available.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For information. In the UK it is illegal to require a person to buy something to enter a competition like this. They have to offer a, "No purchase necessary" option.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Edit
    That's interesting - for the 10 copies - the one I entered - that's for non members - so if you're a member I presume you can't enter both contests; but I guess your odds might be better if there are 100 of those available.
    Well there is this bit in the T&C : "Existing customers and members of The Folio Society are not eligible for this competition."
    Personally I think that all of that is confusing.

Let's not forget the : "This promotion is void where prohibited by local law."
    What does that mean? If you are from a territory to which they cannot sell those books, then you cannot enter?
    And do they have restrictions like Hodder vs Scribner? I guess not, but who knows?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I prefer Don's work to be honest. Shocked that there is another edition out.. or am I really? lol
    Totally agree. This edition does nothing for me and it's not a patch on Don Maitz or the quality of CD's Doubleday Years books. Not interested.

Meh. I cannot be arsed to even enter the free draw....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I contacted them (my bold added):

"I can indeed confirm that the competition to win a signed copy of 'The Shining' is open to all, regardless of country of residence.

In order to enter the competition, you must purchase any book from our collection before midnight on Sunday 26 June. Please be aware that midnight refers to GMT. Once a book has been ordered, you will automatically be placed into the prize draw.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society"

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for checking into this, Peri.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I'm buying a copy and entering the contest.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I contacted them (my bold added):

"I can indeed confirm that the competition to win a signed copy of 'The Shining' is open to all, regardless of country of residence.

In order to enter the competition, you must purchase any book from our collection before midnight on Sunday 26 June. Please be aware that midnight refers to GMT. Once a book has been ordered, you will automatically be placed into the prize draw.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society"
    Holy F... I am some confused. So there are 10 copies for people that do not buy a book still or not? Is CLEARLY states you do not have to... now you do? Someone help me! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I looked over the site and it CLEARLY SAYS.. no purchase necessary... wow so convoluted!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what I just got. There are 110 signed copies.

From folio
    Dear Josh

I apologise for the confusion caused.

I can confirm that there are different draws for our members and non members. Non-Members go into the smaller draw, where they have the chance to win 1 of 10 copies and this can be entered by filling in the form on the website. Current members can enter the bigger draw, for the chance to win 1 of 100 copies, by purchasing any book from us between now and 10 June. So overall there will be 110 signed copies of The Shining being sent out to winners.

If you should have any further queries, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards

Robert Hicks

The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com

Country
    Country Flag

From folio
    Dear Josh

I can confirm that there are different draws for our members and non members. Non-Members go into the smaller draw, where they have the chance to win 1 of 10 copies and this can be entered by filling in the form on the website. Current members can enter the bigger draw, for the chance to win 1 of 100 copies, by purchasing any book from us between now and 10 June. So overall there will be 110 signed copies of The Shining being sent out to winners.

Kind regards

Robert Hicks

The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    THANKS MAN!!! YOU ROCK!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will wait and just buy a signed copy on aftermarket.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

From folio
    Dear Josh

Kind regards

Robert Hicks

The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    So I guessed right! I entered the non-customer contest and then later I purchased a copy. I wonder if that voids one of my chances to win?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

From folio
    Dear Josh

Kind regards

Robert Hicks

The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    So I guessed right! I entered the non-customer contest and then later I purchased a copy. I wonder if that voids one of my chances to win?
    I did the same. We shall see

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I entered the non-customer contest, then bought another book (the Terry Pratchett one) but had to create an account with a different email address as it wouldnt take my normal one for some reason (the order page told me I couldnt create a new account as that email already existed, but the forgot password page told me 'no account found'!) I think its because I signed up to a now defunct mailing list with them a few years ago.

So I wonder if I am now in both draws?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know the print run on Folio Society books? Or this one in particular.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That is a GREAT question Paul!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That is a GREAT question Paul!
    Yep, I emailed them about it yesterday here's what I got

==============

Dear Mr Krynsky

Thank you for your email.

I would be happy to answer your questions. In all, over 2,300 copies were printed and it is available now.

We do have some copies signed by the author and the illustrator. However, these cannot be purchased. We are currently running a prize draw in which the purchase of any of our books before midnight (GMT) on Sunday 26 June would automatically enter one in a competition to win one of these signed copies.

I do hope that you find this information useful. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea. They usually do a large print run ~2000 then if they sell out they will do a second. Definitely not a book for profit but a nice book for read and good art (and possible signature)

EDIT: What Tomas said

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast