Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shining Folio Society

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Shining Folio Society

FYI Folio just release The Shining illustrated with a drawing to win a signed edition

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/TSH/the-shining

This is what I received but the link does not work for me:

You can also save $30 when you spend $225 or more*, and for Stephen King fans there are 100 signed copies of The Shining to give away. For more details on how to win, click here.

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page for non folio members. 1/10
    http://www.foliosociety.com/prizedraw/shining

EDIT AGAIN: they updated the drawing page. Here is the drawing page for folio members. 1/100
    http://www.foliosociety.com/pages/th...ng-competition

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the art in this edition... I think there are only 10 signed copies available.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer Don's work to be honest. Shocked that there is another edition out.. or am I really? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome: thanks for sharing!!

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I prefer Don's work to be honest. Shocked that there is another edition out.. or am I really? lol
    Yes. Just what we need. Another edition of The Shining. But still, I ordered one and entered the drawing. Sigh!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hahaha Oh I entered the drawing..... I am not buying one though
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks -- entered. I won't be picking up a copy, though...heck, I'm not even picking up the CD version. The Sub Press edition will do me just fine (but I certainly wouldn't turn down a free, signed Folio ed.).

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Also entered the drawing but agree, how many editions does one need? This would make four(which in comparison to others is minimal I'm sure ) However, I don't know much about these particular editions. What are Folio books and how do they rank as a collectible?
    Thanks for posting by the way!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless there's a good reason not to get it, I'm getting a copy. They're great quality books, very readable, and the 4 of 11 art samples look fantastic to me. Thanks for sharing, 1 of 10 signed copies will be an amazing prize.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the drawing states that it's only open to non-customers... does that mean we should wait to buy a copy until after the drawing?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the terms and conditions, it says new customers. http://www.foliosociety.com/pages/sh...and-conditions

But good point, that's odd.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    So the drawing states that it's only open to non-customers... does that mean we should wait to buy a copy until after the drawing?

"For the chance to win a signed copy, simply place an order from our May 2016 Collection before midnight (UK time) on Sunday 26 June and your name will automatically be entered into the prize draw. Click here for T&Cs."

I ordered one. It looks great.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=jsmcmullen92;998667]FYI Foilio just release The Shining illustrated with a drawing to win a signed edition

Thanks for sharing!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing!

Entered as well :-)

(and on a side note found they have also announced two editions of Terry Pratchett's 'Mort' so I picked up the limited of that too!)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Also entered the drawing but agree, how many editions does one need? This would make four(which in comparison to others is minimal I'm sure ) However, I don't know much about these particular editions. What are Folio books and how do they rank as a collectible?
    This is King's first Folio appearance, as far as I know, so it's hard to gauge. I can say that there are a couple Folio volumes that I've had my eye on for a while so track on eBay, etc., and their collectible value is generally minimal and like a used car falls as soon as it's yours, similar to an Easton though even a bit more decline,given that there is no gilt, leather, etc w/ the Folio. Since it's King and there's no previous example, it's hard to say for certain, but for general purposes, one buys a Folio book because they want a decently produced example of a book they like, but not as an investment.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I entered with my name and email and I am a customer and it took it. Not sure how they are basing it. Maybe I'll have my girlfriend who is not a customer enter as well.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    This is King's first Folio appearance, as far as I know, so it's hard to gauge. I can say that there are a couple Folio volumes that I've had my eye on for a while so track on eBay, etc., and their collectible value is generally minimal and like a used car falls as soon as it's yours, similar to an Easton though even a bit more decline,given that there is no gilt, leather, etc w/ the Folio. Since it's King and there's no previous example, it's hard to say for certain, but for general purposes, one buys a Folio book because they want a decently produced example of a book they like, but not as an investment.
    Thank you! I've been reading up on these a little and it appears that they are very nice editions and not very expensive(compared to what we're used to, lol) so what the hell, another Shining for the shelf!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    FYI Foilio just release The Shining illustrated with a drawing to win a signed edition

This is what I recieved but the link does not work for me:

You can also save $30 when you spend $225 or more*, and for Stephen King fans there are 100 signed copies of The Shining to give away. For more details on how to win, click here.

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page
    10 signed copies, not 100
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    FYI Foilio just release The Shining illustrated with a drawing to win a signed edition

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page
    Good catch. I copy and pasted the email I got this morning. In the email is says 100 on the site it says 10, I wonder how many there actually are.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link, Josh. Entered as well but took a miss on the purchase.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page
    Good catch. I copy and pasted the email I got this morning. In the email is says 100 on the site it says 10, I wonder how many there actually are.
    Maybe send them an email and ask

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page
    Maybe send them an email and ask
    Site now says 100. updated the original post with the new link

Quote Originally Posted by Folio Society
    WIN A COPY OF THE NEW COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF THE SHINING
    SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING AND EDWARD KINSELLA.

Win one of 100 copies of Stephen King’s iconic novel with 11 colour illustrations by award-winning artist Edward Kinsella.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

FYI Folio just release The Shining illustrated with a drawing to win a signed edition

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page

EDIT AGAIN: they updated the drawing page to correct the 10 to 100. new link
    That bottom link links to nothing for me

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

EDIT:
    Here is the drawing page

EDIT AGAIN: they updated the drawing page to correct the 10 to 100. new link
    That bottom link links to nothing for me
    was ok for me?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thats what I get

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast