Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I believe the "market" for S/L is starting to turn back around to the upside. Especially, with some of the new releases. That's not to say that there is a "sellers" market out there, but it is beginning to "swing" IMHO. If just a bit.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

As long as the housing market goes down, the prices for the more recent s/ls will stagnate/drop.

Just like houses in a strong market, the older s/ls should still maintain their value.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what these are worth/what they are selling for? I checked Betts, eBay, and my own spreadsheet but all have produced zero results in the following items. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Shannon

P.S. I will update as I compile info.

Dark Tower 7 ARC

MAGAZINES:
    Adelina - Feb 1980 (“On Becoming A Brand Name”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina - Jun 1980 (“Books: The Sixties Zone”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina - Jul 1980 (“Books: Critic Critique”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina - Nov 1980 (“Books: Love Those Long Novels”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Book - Sep/Oct 2003 (“My Favorite Movies Of 2002-2003”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Book Digest - Sep 1981 (Excerpt from Danse Macabre, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Sourcebook 1982 (“My High School Horrors”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    TV Guide - Jan 26 - Feb 1 2002 (nonfiction, Review for Rose Red miniseries)
    TV Guide - Aug 30 - Sep 1986 (“Solving The Mystery Of Bobby’s Return To Dallas”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    University of Maine Alumni Association - Fall 1989
    WB - Nov / Dec 1989 (nonfiction, interview)
    Writer's Digest - Mar 1992
    Yankee - Nov 1981 (“Do The Dead Sing?”, first appearance)

ODDS AND ENDS:
    Cujo promo photo
    Skeleton Crew promo photo
    Dead Zone and Danse Macabre bags
    2 IT pins
    The Dark Tower Magnets 3
    Blue Oyster Cult promo with King narrating beginning
    Stephen King's house Christmas ornament
    Stephen King 1993 calendar
    Il Giornale Stephen King (Italian SK Newspaper)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think in toto they are worth just a bit less than 1 The Mist Snow Globe.

Seriously, do you expect someone/everyone to give you a line item evaluation?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm, yes?

I looked, and I haven't come up with any prices for those. If someone else posted a message like mine, and I had the time and the resources, I would help. Or, if there is a resource/webpage I could point them in the right direction, I would.

I would help as much as I can, but maybe that's just me. I wouldn't expect someone that has had a car accident involving TMSG to understand.

Simply put, if the market value of Magazine A is $27, I would rather know/offer/buy it for that price than throw out an offer and/or buy it for $100 (hurting me) or $5 (hurting him).

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

1st/1st Creepshow signed by Bernie Wrightson
    1st/1st Night shift PRICE CLIPPED in VG+ shape
    Complete castlerock newsletter set in VG shape

p.s. What is a good price for a Rage paperback these days? Collector says around $150. Is that about right? Anyone have one that is in great shape?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The hardest part, for me anyway, about collecting the Castle Rock Newsletters, is finding someone with all of them. I found a seller selling Volumes 1-4, but not 5, and I paid $277 for them. This was a few months ago on eBay.

To me, a price clipped book is worth nothing. The main first edition identifier is the price on the dustjacket. That comes first in importance, even before a statement of "FIRST EDITION" on the copyright page.

For Rage, this is one of those books that you'll see price two hundred bucks here, four hundred bucks somewhere else ... Damn annoying people and their wishful thinking/hoping ... I would think $100-$125 is normally what people consider market value, and I'm sure if you're patient you can find one for $75-$100, which is what I'll be looking for.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what these are worth/what they are selling for? I checked Betts, eBay, and my own spreadsheet but all have produced zero results in the following items. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Shannon

P.S. I will update as I compile info.

Dark Tower 7 ARC

MAGAZINES:
    Yankee Nov. 1981 (“Do The Dead Sing?”, first appearance)
    Sourcebook 1982 (“My High School Horrors”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    TV Guide Jan26-Feb 1 2002 (nonfiction, Review for Rose Red miniseries)
    TV Guide Aug 30- Sept 1986 (“Solving The Mystery Of Bobby’s Return To Dallas”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    University of Maine Alumni Association Fall 1989
    Writer's Digest March 1992
    Book Sept/Oct 2003 (“My Favorite Movies Of 2002-2003”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina Feb 1980 (“On Becoming A Brand Name”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina July 1980 (“Books: Critic Critique”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina June 1980 (“Books: The Sixties Zone”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Adelina Nov. 1980 (“Books: Love Those Long Novels”, nonfiction, first appearance)
    Book Digest Sept. 1981 (Excerpt from Danse Macabre, nonfiction, first appearance)
    WB Nov/ Dec 1989 (nonfiction, interview)

ODDS AND ENDS:
    Cujo promo photo
    Skeleton Crew promo photo
    Dead Zone and Danse Macabre bags
    2 IT pins
    Needful Things post cards
    The Dark Tower Magnets 3
    Blue Oyster Cult promo with King narrating beginning
    Stephen King's house Christmas ornament
    Stephen King 1993 calendar
    Il Giornale Stephen King (Italian SK Newspaper)

MOVIE PRESS KITS:
    Dark Half Movie Kit
    Cujo Movie Kit
    Maximum Overdrive Movie Kit
    Misery Movie Kit
    Children Of The Corn Movie Kit
    Shawshank Redemption Movie Kit
    Christine Movie Kit
    Firestarter Movie Kit
    IMO, guesstimates are only possible for the DTVII ARC (ask John H.) and maybe a couple of the magazine 1st appearances (ask Bob J.). There are not enough collectors out there interested in promo items and movie press kits (I think) to be able to get a 'market value' for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    1st/1st Creepshow signed by Bernie Wrightson
    1st/1st Night shift PRICE CLIPPED in VG+ shape
    Complete castlerock newsletter set in VG shape

p.s. What is a good price for a Rage paperback these days? Collector says around $150. Is that about right? Anyone have one that is in great shape?
    CREEPSHOW: around $40-50? I don't pay attention to what it usually sells for but I got mine for $25 and I don't think Bernie's signature would add that much.
    NIGHT SHIFT: I know many collectors don't want priceclipped DJs but personally I'd say this book could still get you at least $100.
    CR Newsletter set: I 'm not sure. I got my set for £50 but that was a lucky shot. I'd say anywhere between $150 and $250?

I agree with Shannon about RAGE. I was patient and got a VG copy for $75.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, biomeg! great info. Yeah, I think I goofed on the Night Shift I bought for $300. darn!! Such a great deal on the Salem's Lot and then I lose value on the NIght Shift. sigh.....

I think part of it was that the Salem's Lot is a "2nd state" dust jacket, so it IS price clipped by design so they could put the correct price on the book when released. Made me not care as much about the Night Shift price clipped jacket since I bought it at the same time as the salem's lot. grrrr!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Micha(weird "e" here, lol, what is that called anyway?)l, I understand, I was just kinda lookin to see what other people paid for their stuff or what they saw these things price for ... I'd rather not cheat myself or the guy out of anything, you know?

"Thanks, biomeg! Great info" And you're so welcome CurtSeattle ... So glad I stopped what I was doing to send what little help I could your way.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have an idea of what a matching # signed limited set of SOD books is worth?
    Simon

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Anybody have an idea of what a matching # signed limited set of SOD books is worth?
    Simon
    I just sold a set for $600.00.....market seems "really soft" on the SODs right now.

Tim

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

$600 seems to be the lowest I've seen them for.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Thanks Micha(weird "e" here, lol, what is that called anyway?)
    Umlaut.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow,
    That stinks. That really is low.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow,
    Yep. And to further validate that the market for SOD is "soft", I bought the ones I sold for $600.00 for a mere $527.00 two weeks earlier.........

No money to be made on SOD right now....

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow,
    Depends on your perspective, I guess. I bought SOD Vol. I for $325 about a year ago and Vol. II for $250 last month. So, $575 for both and I'm very happy with that price, even though I could probably do even better if buying today. Of course they are not the same number but I don't care about that.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There seems to be a market for the unsigned Gift edition of SODI though still. The last one on eBay sold for damn near $200.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

If any one is hard up and wants one, I have a spare copy I'd be willing to part with for that price. I'll even throw in free insured shipping.

Country
    Country Flag

OK Guys and Gals.....

1st/1st TRADE of DT VI Signed by Darrel Anderson. NOT THE ARTIST EDITION!!

Only 250 Copies were signed and distributed by the Artist and these were the only copies that were signed......

What's the value? ABE BOOKS (HISTORICALLY OVERPRICED) has a copy for $450.00 out of the UK.

Could this possibly be the 2nd toughest Artist Signed 1st/1st in the DT series to get? We all know the rarity of getting McKean to sign W&G.

Thoughts?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how one would go about ranking "artist only" signed DT books in order of rarity. I think that DT6 is one of the toughest trade editions to find legitimately signed by King. Not sure about Anderson though. 250 copies sounds like supply probably exceeds demand in this case. It seems they were plentiful when the book was issued and many of us bought copies that included a small drawing in addition to Anderson's signature.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have three copies of the "trade" edition of DT VI that are signed by Anderson. One is just the signature, the other two have additional drawings in them. (I'd call them remarques, but Bob would yell! )

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have three copies of the "trade" edition of DT VI that are signed by Anderson. One is just the signature, the other two have additional drawings in them. (I'd call them remarques, but Bob would yell! )

John
    It's not a remarque! It's not a remarque!

Thanks for the feedback fellas'! I am just surprised I haven't seen more of the for sale on eBay and/or at Betts.....

You can always get an artist signed 1st/1st of the other volumes (Ex. DT I and IV) on eBay at any given time...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post

It's not a remarque! It's not a remarque!
    Correct. Now if more people would just see the light.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's one of the drawings, "Taheen". I got this from riverlintrader (Fred) via eBay in the first series of drawings Anderson had done, back in August 2004. (This is copied from the auction.)

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Anderson's artwork in DTVI but the sketches I've seen from him... not my cup of tea at all. Too rudimentary I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast