Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 387 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is one on eBay that shows the faded spine. I am actually a bit envious that you were able to find one without the fading issue. I don't think you overpaid that much, MAYBE $20.00?

Throw a BRODART or GAYLORD cover on it and it will look good on your shelf despite the edgewear.

Again, in my opinion, the faded spine is the bigger deal for me.....

The quality of this DJ suffered from the get-go.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CYCLE-WEREWOLF-S...a#ht_500wt_922

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    To be honest, I think you overpaid. I got my copy (which has a NF jacket with only traces of wear) for $125 including the slipcase. That was a bargain and I think I could sell it for $175 if I wanted. I can't really say how much yours is worth but my guess is < $100 (unfortunately). More experienced members will have to chime in for a more accurate estimate.
    Thanks for the honest feedback. I pretty much knew I had overpaid but I had this valued at around $120-$140 in my mind. Anyway it is good enough for me now and hopefully it wont drive me nuts looking at this on the bookshelf.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would drive you more nuts if the spine was faded!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, like I said, I may be off in my estimate (I'm probably relating the book's value too much to my own copy, which I got cheap). The most important thing is that you enjoy the book!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    It would drive you more nuts if the spine was faded!
    Thanks. Now I don't feel so bad.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

I have one with a badly faded spine but I only paid $40 for it. I don't think you overpaid by THAT much, as it is becoming harder and harder to find this book in really good condition.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey does anyone have a picture of a Cycle Of The Werewolf with the white dots on the cover? I've never seen one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Hey does anyone have a picture of a Cycle Of The Werewolf with the white dots on the cover? I've never seen one.
    Then how do you know one exists?

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Just discovered that I have a duplicate copy of the S/L Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio, #107/350. The portfolio cover has some very light soiling, and a small bend or crease on the bottom flap. The 12 Black and White and 12 Color plates are all present and appear to be in perfect condition.

The "crease" mentioned above is visible at the bottom left corner of the image.

I've tried searching the Internet, and have seen prices that seem outrageously high and extremely low. Would anyone care to offer their opinion as to the current value of the portfolio?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I wish I had so much awesome stuff that I could forget that I own something cool ...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iowabob View Post
    Just discovered that I have a duplicate copy of the S/L Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio, #107/350. The portfolio cover has some very light soiling, and a small bend or crease on the bottom flap. The 12 Black and White and 12 Color plates are all present and appear to be in perfect condition.

The "crease" mentioned above is visible at the bottom left corner of the image.

I've tried searching the Internet, and have seen prices that seem outrageously high and extremely low. Would anyone care to offer their opinion as to the current value of the portfolio?
    >$200,<$250

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, I paid $125 for mine, plus the Slipcase.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Anyone know (or have an opinion) on these prices:

STARTLING MYSTERY STORIES - issue #6 - $400

STARTLING MYSTERY STORIES - issue #12 - $150
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

I think they are both on the high side, probably too high. Of course it really depends on condition. As you know these have predominately black covers and, therefore, show wear very easily. Pristine copies of these cheaply made, fragile 40+ year old booklets are scarce and might be worth the stated prices. Average copies could likely be found for considerably less.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As Bob states, it depends on condition. Without seeing the condition, its hard to tell.

The copy below was $125

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, I can remember back when I bought those issues off the news stand for $.50 each! And I still own them. Of course, they are in anything but mint condition, but the price was right and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder in 30+ years from now how much our current purchases will be worth. How much will the It S/L be worth? I don't think the percentage in profit/value will jump as much as the others because there are more S/Ls coming out now rather than before ...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the advice on SMS. I was thinking of getting #12, which I think is in very nice shape. I have to go see it again to make sure.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder in 30+ years from now how much our current purchases will be worth. How much will the It S/L be worth? I don't think the percentage in profit/value will jump as much as the others because there are more S/Ls coming out now rather than before ...
    I think it depends on the author. Stephen King will always have a core collectable audience, but I think as time goes by fewer and fewer of people are reading him. Thirty years from now, he will no longer be writing and many of us will no longer be collecting. I hate to say it, but as collectors drop out and are not replaced the market will soften even further. Granted this is a long view approach. That day will not come anytime soon.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Like Tim says, there is a lack of new collectors.

I think the biggest problem with longterm value is that these more recent s/l editions, while scarce, are not truly rare. Yes, there will only be 750 IT copies floating around, but there will ALWAYS be 750 copies floating around. Nobody's going to lose them, or read and ruin them, or put them in a box and forget about them. That's true with all the recent limiteds. But not so true of the s/l editions from 15 years ago, or so, when they were much cheaper and easier to not take so seriously.

Basically, to get a real investment collectible you have to buy it before anybody knows that it's worth any money. Otherwise, you're just competing with all the other speculators.

I think Carrie to Dead Zone first editions and s/l editions up to DT IV, will always hold their value and probably increase over time...the rest will probably stagnate.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good point. I was blown away going back through the catalog and looking at some of the retail prices for old S/Ls. Even as something as recent as DT5. $200 for an S/L of Wolves? What a steal!! Man, I wish I had started collecting a few years earlier.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    That's a good point. I was blown away going back through the catalog and looking at some of the retail prices for old S/Ls. Even as something as recent as DT5. $200 for an S/L of Wolves? What a steal!! Man, I wish I had started collecting a few years earlier.
    True, you missed the issue price for a lot of s'ls...

But, you also missed the bubble prices too....so if you started collecting older s/ls today, you'd pay the same price a lot of people paid 5-6-7 years ago, before the prices ran up, then declined.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

I paid $175 and $22 for mine, respectively. The first one is NF, the second is VG, it looks nice but the 'spine' isn't black anymore. Of course, the second one was a steal regardless of its condition.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Micha(special foreign e sign here)l, I have a Starting Mystery Stories #12 I'll sell for you $22. It's missing both the front and rear cover and all the pages except for a small inch square of one of the pages with words, you can't read anything except a few words ... Like ... "the" and "and" and "he" and I think there was some kind of picture, but it's cut off.

lol, deal?

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    True, you missed the issue price for a lot of s'ls...

But, you also missed the bubble prices too....so if you started collecting older s/ls today, you'd pay the same price a lot of people paid 5-6-7 years ago, before the prices ran up, then declined.
    So in your opinion have prices of s/l leveled out or are they going up/down? I've only purchased five s/l so far (all DT related), but I bought them based on which I wanted more...the money in my pocket or the s/l novel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 387 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast