Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 387 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 9666

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a thread in the Comic section of this site that lists some of the sales information. There was a BIG drop in sales as the series continued.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Sale-Estimates

John

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    It would def. help the series and probably SK collecting overall if the series is a success.

But - if the series flops? It might be really bad.
    Doubt it would have much impact honestly. There have been some horrible movies made of King's work, but that hasn't really impacted the sales of the books or the collection of such. Incidentally, am I the only one who thought that "collectability" was an actual word? I wanted to use it in the previous sentence, but the spell-check barfed on it. Only when I went to look it up did I notice that there's actually no such word.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    It would def. help the series and probably SK collecting overall if the series is a success.

Doubt it would have much impact honestly. There have been some horrible movies made of King's work, but that hasn't really impacted the sales of the books or the collection of such. Incidentally, am I the only one who thought that "collectability" was an actual word? I wanted to use it in the previous sentence, but the spell-check barfed on it. Only when I went to look it up did I notice that there's actually no such word.
    Really? I just found it here.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post

Really? I just found it here.

Ha! I guess it all depends on the dictionary. This one doesn't have it. Oh well, no harm, no foul!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, the drop off on the DT comics is scary. I only have myself to blame though. I anticipated the first series like it was the cure for cancer. Bought it, liked it, same for the second one, the third one was eh, the fourth one I barely even noticed, and I have no idea what they're up to now. The Stand comics were something I always saw myself getting into later.

As far as the movies are concerned, there is a pattern in Stephen King books that become movies ... They leave out all the extra shit. For whatever reason, whether it is time or the drift from the main plot of the stories, but the leave it all out.

In It, they leave out the Pennywise background and the turtle parts ...

In Misery, the whole Africa/Goddess stuff was cut

In the Stand, they keep the scale smaller and focus on the main plot and characters.

So, if history proves correct, I can see them leaving out a ton of extra stuff ... the connections between other SK books will be gone, focusing on the main storyline. The rose/parking lot sidebar will be obliterated, and they are definitely leaving out the Stephen King author storyline. It will still be enjoyable to me, even if done wrong, lol, but it will be very ... streamlined. Mark my words.

My name isn't Shannon's Movies for nothing.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That is true....

I guess I'm looking at it as the last chance for the whole series to have major cultural impact (in whatever way any movie has that impact)....so if it's a big deal, then people will be thinking about it in a new way....but if it flops, then there won't be another opportunity to get that notice, and it will be connected to a failure.

But, you're right...it's not like people don't buy Night Shift because of Children of the Corn VIII...haha...

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That is true....

I guess I'm looking at it as the last chance for the whole series to have major cultural impact (in whatever way any movie has that impact)....so if it's a big deal, then people will be thinking about it in a new way....but if it flops, then there won't be another opportunity to get that notice, and it will be connected to a failure.

But, you're right...it's not like people don't buy Night Shift because of Children of the Corn VIII...haha...
    I bought my copy of Night Shift because I saw Sometimes They Come Back VII: Sometimes They Come Backer.

Or maybe it was: Sometimes They Come Back VIII: Sometimes They Come Back For Their Money.
    Or: Sometimes They Come Back IX: Sometimes They Come Multiple Times.

Thank you. I'll be here all night.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post

That is true....

I bought my copy of Night Shift because I saw Sometimes They Come Back VII: Sometimes They Come Backer.

Or maybe it was: Sometimes They Come Back VIII: Sometimes They Come Back For Their Money.
    Or: Sometimes They Come Back IX: Sometimes They Come Multiple Times.

Thank you. I'll be here all night.
    I have the proof copy for Sometimes They Come Back X: Sometimes You Wish They Wouldn't Come Back.

From the title, it sounds like IX was rated NC-17!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have several signed trade edition of Under the Dome (Scribner) from the tour in '09. I've had an offer to sell a couple of them and I was seeking your input. The books are in as fine condition as can be expected, unread, but some of course have the minor imperfections that Scribner imparted on the production of this large volume. The jackets have been Brodarted and included with the books is an amateur DVD of the event, including the the introduction by John Irving, King's reading and his Q&A session, all shot by myself from the front row. Finally I am including a flyer from the stores promotional event calendar. Thoughts?

I was thinking $150 for the sets, each. Does that sound about right to you guys, fair for both parties? Could I get more? Should I sell for less? I appreciate any and all input.

My Mood
    Angry

$150 sounds like a deal for that package quite honestly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would consider $200.00 to be a very fair price via the eBay route.....but for TDT junkies, $150.00!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen these signed books selling as low as $100.

However, the DVD and the flyer add value to the package.

I don't know if you will do as well as $200 as the poster above mentioned, but I could see you getting $175.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Tippy. With the additional material, it should make $175.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and since you are going to pay about $15 in ebay fees, your price of $150 outside of ebay is fair and realistic.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks very much for all the input guys, I appreciate all your knowledgeable help.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have seen these signed books selling as low as $100.

However, the DVD and the flyer add value to the package.

I don't know if you will do as well as $200 as the poster above mentioned, but I could see you getting $175.
    I've seen them sell as low as $90, I think, within a couple months of the tour when the market was more or less flooded with them. Though I have not seen them sell that low for some time now.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought my first 1st of Cycle of the Werewolf. I received the book today and the DJ condition was a little worse then I expected but the book itself is very sharp. Can you all take a look at the pictures of the DJ and let me know your honest opinions on the value of a copy in this state. I'm pretty sure I ended up overpaying for this but thought I would check in with the "real' collectors.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Three more photos of the Cycle of the Werewolf DJ...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

is there a pic of the side as that is where i think a lot of dustjackets lose their value with sun fading?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The DJ of this book is prone to spotting (white spots) and sunfading (spine!). These would be a dealbreaker to me, more so than the edgewear I see in the pics. Did the spine suffer from sunfading?

*edit* Tom and I were thinking the same and I see you posted a couple of additional pics, Ben. I'd say I've seen worse copies but it's not the most attractive one out there, either. I hope you didn't pay too much?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    is there a pic of the side as that is where i think a lot of dustjackets lose their value with sun fading?
    Is this what you looking for?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes that looks pretty good, no fading at all so far as i can tell!

And Michaël great minds think alike

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is an aftermarket slipcase for the book (I think Tomas from www.stephenkingcollector.com had it made) which would be a great way to protect this copy if you decide to keep it.

Here's mine, I like the way it looks on the shelf:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The DJ of this book is prone to spotting (white spots) and sunfading (spine!). These would be a dealbreaker to me, more so than the edgewear I see in the pics. Did the spine suffer from sunfading?

*edit* Tom and I were thinking the same and I see you posted a couple of additional pics, Ben. I'd say I've seen worse copies but it's not the most attractive one out there, either. I hope you didn't pay too much?
    I ended up paying $165.00 for the book. I think David over at Betts has a copy for this price in better shape. How bad did I do?

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I think you overpaid. I got my copy (which has a NF jacket with only traces of wear) for $125 including the slipcase. That was a bargain and I think I could sell it for $175 if I wanted. I can't really say how much yours is worth but my guess is < $100 (unfortunately). More experienced members will have to chime in for a more accurate estimate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 387 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast