Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats exactly where I got it, but they sent it with a grab bag. Can you still request drawings??
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Thats exactly where I got it, but they sent it with a grab bag. Can you still request drawings??

I am not sure if they are still offering them but you can send an email to Mindy and ask info@cemeterydance.com

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

still nothing about the secretary of the dreams 2?

was supposed to have some news since awhile...
    but now that they got preorders, they will maybe be able to start in 2009..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not holding my breath. It'll show up when it shows up. Cemetary Dance doesn't even have the cover art on their site yet.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Heck I would just like to get any of the 3 "About" books, the Non-fiction, et cetera that I paid for two Septembers or so ago. Asking for money for any book that takes over a year to publish is just wrong.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Except for Secretary of Dreams II, I'm refusing to pre-order ANY Cemetary Dance items. The only reason I did it for SOCII is that I want to be sure to match my s/n number.

I waited for the Dark Forces volume (yes, I know it wasn't officially a Cemetary Dance book, but...) and was still able to get a copy from the publisher after it was published.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Heck I would just like to get any of the 3 "About" books, the Non-fiction, et cetera that I paid for two Septembers or so ago. Asking for money for any book that takes over a year to publish is just wrong.
    I've been waiting 9 years for Legacies. On order were several copies of all states of the book. I all ever got were two proofs. I'm out nearly $2000 and have refunded all my customers for that title.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I've been waiting 9 years for Legacies. On order were several copies of all states of the book. I all ever got were two proofs. I'm out nearly $2000 and have refunded all my customers for that title.
    I don't even understand why they WANT to take pre-orders so early in the production cycle - you'd think as a business they'd want all their pre-order debits and printing/binding credits matched up in the year of production so as not to inflate profits one year and deflate them another....

In any case, getting a bit off topic.....

Whats the REAL market value of the signed limited editions of DTV, DTVI and DTVII? I saw those three with matched numbers go for $960 or so... And if about $320 per book is really the value, is there anyone who wants to sell me their copies??

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I don't even understand why they WANT to take pre-orders so early in the production cycle - you'd think as a business they'd want all their pre-order debits and printing/binding credits matched up in the year of production so as not to inflate profits one year and deflate them another....
    I have a feeling that they need the money from the pre-orders to pay current bills. Not the best business practice, for sure.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

As most of you know I had over $7000 in prepaid books with Cemetery Dance a year or so ago. Some, like LEGACIES, were nine years past due. Finally I had had enough and had them refund all of my preorders.

Since then I have had no trouble at all buying any CD book that I have wanted at or below cover price. This includes the limited SOD and DARK FORCES. And I find myself sleeping much better knowing that if Cemetery Dance goes bankrupt I am not left holding the debt.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Whats the REAL market value of the signed limited editions of DTV, DTVI and DTVII? I saw those three with matched numbers go for $960 or so... And if about $320 per book is really the value, is there anyone who wants to sell me their copies??
    Getting back on topic, the later DT S/Ltds are indeed going for between $300 and $400. If/when Grant publish the S/Ltd of The Revised Gunslinger, demand for DT7 will rise if Grant say only the owners of DT7 may purchase it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say ~$400 per book. SOS perhaps $375. Sad but true. a real value for someone wanting an undeniable King signed copy of a well built book.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Since then I have had no trouble at all buying any CD book that I have wanted at or below cover price. This includes the limited SOD and DARK FORCES. And I find myself sleeping much better knowing that if Cemetery Dance goes bankrupt I am not left holding the debt.
    Amen to that.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Getting back on topic, the later DT S/Ltds are indeed going for between $300 and $400. If/when Grant publish the S/Ltd of The Revised Gunslinger, demand for DT7 will rise if Grant say only the owners of DT7 may purchase it.

It pains me to think even that's not the case...when DT I Revised finally gets announced officially, I think there might be too many sellers to really spike its value in any meaningful way. There are the few hardcore collectors among us, and a few new ones, but there will surely be a few hundred available from Grant anyway...

I have an extra DT VII that I'm selling when it gets announced - no matter what it sells for. I don't want two copies of the Revised edition, and after that gets printed, the value of DT VII will plummet even further...

However, I've said before and will say again that 1st editions of the first five books, the original S/L of Gunslinger, the lettered Skeleton Crew, and other unique limiteds like that will continue to be solid, appreciating investments...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Market value of: DTV: Wolves of the Calla Artist's Edition.
    -Sealed in shrink wrap and housed in slip case from the collector.

If/when I sell this I was thinking of an opening bid of $249.99 on ebay, is that about right?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'e way high, even given the slipcase. Check out the Collector's evaluation:

DT V

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If/when I sell this I was thinking of an opening bid of $249.99 on ebay, is that about right?
    $100-$125 if you are lucky.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    As most of you know I had over $7000 in prepaid books with Cemetery Dance a year or so ago. Some, like LEGACIES, were nine years past due. Finally I had had enough and had them refund all of my preorders.

I actually sorta just did the same. I canceled most of my orders, stuff like Lettered Editions I have been waiting over two years for and something like The Koontz collector’s guide, which I have a feeling will never be printed. Although I kept my 3 King “about” books and SoD 2. I also kept Pelan’s greatest stories of the 20th century, because it’s now doubled in price, and I kept The Stoker Award Winners, which has a great line-up and Lansdale is the editor. And lastly I kept the Brian Keene books, because those go up in value on release on eBay.

So I went half-way, but I still got about $1,500 in returns, and they only took about two weeks to return all my money. I plan on pre-ordering any CD book through the Horror Mall or Camelot Books, because they don’t ask for the money until the book is released. So that’s my new policy with CD. Having a couple of thousand tied up with CD is not acceptable anymore.

btw, I agree with RF, an artist edition isn't going to bring much on eBay.
    Geoff

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I will buy it for $130

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I will buy it for $130
    I think that is a generous offer, and I would sell it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I will buy it for $130
    I think that is a generous offer, and I would sell it.
    I think it's worth a bit more than VI and VII... weren't there 1500 fewer copies?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both V and VI were 3500, VII was 5000.

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to get an idea of what this book is worth, not looking to sell it just curious as to its value

SIGNED
    3rd printing of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (book and DJ are in excellent shape)

Its the one signed book i managed to get from The Haven Foundation when they were selling the different signed King books
    So at least i know it is legitimate

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Just wanted to get an idea of what this book is worth, not looking to sell it just curious as to its value

SIGNED
    3rd printing of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (book and DJ are in excellent shape)

Its the one signed book i managed to get from The Haven Foundation when they were selling the different signed King books
    I agree that your price of $250 is very high. I would not go so far as to call $130 generous.

Put it this way, I would not be surprised to see this book sell for $130-$145 on ebay. Of course if you sell it on ebay you are going to pay $7-$9 in fees...so you need to take that into account. I would be surprised to see this book and slipcase sell for over $150.....but stanger things have happened.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post

SIGNED

$150.
    Had it been a 1st (which I know The Haven did not have), I would say >$200, depending on how "neat" King signed it.
    The combination of a 3rd print, and a less than desirable book lower the price.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

$150.
    Had it been a 1st (which I know The Haven did not have), I would say >$200, depending on how "neat" King signed it.
    The combination of a 3rd print, and a less than desirable book lower the price.[/QUOTE]

Not to bad, about what i expected it to be worth, certainly not bad since it only cost me $30 !
    thanks for the evaluation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast