Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 388 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Anyone been following the market price of The SoDV1 Gift edition?

Last week I sold one for $210, and was thrilled by the price I got, and then in the last three days, one sold for $255, and one for $300!

Obviously, the release of Volume 2 is stimulating the price of Volume 1, but I am amazed by how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Somebody bought an unsigned gift edition for $300? Did they think it was signed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I would say it's foolish buyers who think it is a signed edition.
    And now one just sold for $352!!!

WTF?!?!

SOD V1 Gift

That's crazy! I just sold a matching set of the Traycased S/L for $650 before ebay and paypal fees and shipping. (I was hoping to get over $700 for the pair.)

Seems like with just a little more patience, you could get the S/L for less than what they paid for the gift version. Maybe I should sell my gift editions and buy back some signed limiteds!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    And a SOD2 Gift with a 1 bid on 149.99.
    It's still available!

<---- SOD2 Gift Link

A strange auction with an even stranger description.
    - Traycased?
    - Signed?
    - Sold out at the publisher pre-publication?

Looks like the the limited, but then:
    - Gift
    - 1 of 5000
    - Slipcase

Look like the gift.
    I sent the seller an email. That is all kinds of deceptive.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Anyone been following the market price of The SoDV1 Gift edition?

Last week I sold one for $210, and was thrilled by the price I got, and then in the last three days, one sold for $255, and one for $300!

Obviously, the release of Volume 2 is stimulating the price of Volume 1, but I am amazed by how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Somebody bought an unsigned gift edition for $300? Did they think it was signed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I would say it's foolish buyers who think it is a signed edition.
    And now one just sold for $352!!!

WTF?!?!

SOD V1 Gift

That's crazy! I just sold a matching set of the Traycased S/L for $650 before ebay and paypal fees and shipping. (I was hoping to get over $700 for the pair.)

Seems like with just a little more patience, you could get the S/L for less than what they paid for the gift version. Maybe I should sell my gift editions and buy back some signed limiteds!
    The book was re-listed, the seller never received payment. It'll be interesting to see how it sells this time around!

On that note, I'll happily sell/trade my matching set of SOD Gift editions for any of the US S/Ls out there...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    And a SOD2 Gift with a 1 bid on 149.99.
    It's still available!

<---- SOD2 Gift Link

A strange auction with an even stranger description.
    - Traycased?
    - Signed?
    - Sold out at the publisher pre-publication?

Looks like the the limited, but then:
    - Gift
    - 1 of 5000
    - Slipcase

Look like the gift.
    I sent the seller an email. That is all kinds of deceptive.
    Also, I just received a response from the seller. After pointing out the numerous contradictions (5000 copies signed, traycase/slipcase, sold out) I received the following response...

Hello
    Thanks for Looking and most of all, Thanks for pointint out some of the contrdictions. It is a GIft Book IN SLIPcase HARDCOVER AND limited edition
    Thanks again,
    I'll make sure to revise and do it better the next time.
    Steve

That person who bid $150 is not going to be terribly excited. Thanks for the tip Niels. Hopefully the buyer can retract his bid now.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The same seller has a SOD1 gift edition listed, with a correct description.
    Highest bid, at this moment, is $210!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's just crazy. Now I wish I had bought the gift edition (rather than just the S/L) so I could sell it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Concerning market value, what do you guys think of this?. It doesn't come up for sale very often. I thought I got it a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Country
    Country Flag

That was a heck of an anthology. I have no idea of FMV, but I'd pay that price, if I had the extra cash. The Legends anthology is probably one of the best I can think of recently.

Nice buy!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's just crazy. Now I wish I had bought the gift edition (rather than just the S/L) so I could sell it.
    I wish I bought three! Then I could sell two and get a S/L on the cheap.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Concerning market value, what do you guys think of this?. It doesn't come up for sale very often. I thought I got it a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    I remember I was after this one for a long long time and the cheapest I ever saw it offered/sell for was $800. Even thoujgh the market has taken a hit, I think you still got a great deal.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

LEGENDS S/L
    I remember I was after this one for a long long time and the cheapest I ever saw it offered/sell for was $800. Even thoujgh the market has taken a hit, I think you still got a great deal.

So it was YOU that outbid me.

Yeah, I was the 2nd highest bidder.....really wanted this one.

And yes, I think you got a good price. Of course, had I not bid on it, you might have gotten it for $125 less....and that would have been a GREAT price.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Back when SODV1 came out, I bought two gift editions (one to keep and one to sell).

The extra GE has been sitting in a box for years, because the selling price tanked below issue price.

I recently sold it for $210.

Funny thing is, if someone had offered me $75 for it two months ago, I would have gladly sold it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I sold my second copy of the gift edition for $75 a few years ago. Oh, well.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yah I remember selling an extra copy locally for $100 and thinking I had gotten away with robbery!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

LEGENDS S/L

So it was YOU that outbid me.

Yeah, I was the 2nd highest bidder.....really wanted this one.

And yes, I think you got a good price. Of course, had I not bid on it, you might have gotten it for $125 less....and that would have been a GREAT price.
    That's ok, Tippy. If it wasn't you, it would be somebody else. There is ALWAYS another bidder when it comes to something I want.

Country
    Country Flag

Back when SODV1 came out, I bought two gift editions (one to keep and one to sell).

The extra GE has been sitting in a box for years, because the selling price tanked below issue price.

I recently sold it for $210.

Funny thing is, if someone had offered me $75 for it two months ago, I would have gladly sold it.
    Yeah, it's so hard with gift editions to anticipate what the market is going to do. Most are still at (or lower) than retail price. I think teh majority of the price spike for SoDI had to do with newer SoDII buyers (and King collectors in general) trying to match a set. Other than the very small print run gift editions, most prices are still depressed. I just bought a mint copy of the Gift Green Mile for $60 below retail, and that was what, 4 years ago that came out?

I just wish I could get me a gift of From a Buick 8 for that price.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I picked this up recently (I haven't received it yet) and was wondering if I paid a fair price ($49.99). It's an ex-library book with some of the usual blemishes but I thought it was a nice opportunity to get an almost-1st-appearance of King's story "The hotel at the end of the road".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not have paid >$10 for it, but I have been wrong before.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The 5th edition is much more common. I think about $50 for the 4th is in the ballpark.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, that's what I thought (the seller claimed a similar copy had sold for $600 but I took that with a grain of salt). This is the earliest publication of the story that most collectors can hope to obtain, so I'm happy.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a 4th edition copy that sold about a year ago (I think) for around $600. It was a copy that Cemetery Dance was selling for "a good customer" when they were auctioning off a whole collection of books. If I remember right there were numerous bids for it. I was surprised to see that price since I had picked up a copy about a few months before that for around $20. I tried putting my copy up for sale when I saw how that auction went but did not get 1 bid, even though my starting price was about $400 less than what that one sold for. I have not seen very many copies of the 4th edition for sale so I don't think $50 is to bad.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I was going to say $49 seemed a tad high for an ex-library book, but what do I know? Is there a 1st edition?

But, a 4th edition sold for $600? What am I missing? Even if that was actually true (which I doubt), what's the attraction here? Is that the only appearance of the story?

I have a signed copy of "Modern Masters of Horror," which was the first appearance of "The Monkey." While I believe it's close to unique (how many people would bother asking him to sign some random antholgy?), I doubt it would be worth $600!

Country
    Country Flag

The first publication of the story was in King's self-published PEOPLE, PLACES AND THINGS (1960? Can't check Brook's Bibliography right now). It's not in the first edition of the 'Writer's Guide' but keep in mind that we're talking about actual editions of a 'textbook'-like publication, not subsequent printings like we're used to with fiction books. So the publication in the 4th edition of this book (1993) is the earliest that most collectors can hope to obtain (if you are interested in first appearances and King juvenalia of course ). Anyway, I wouldn't have gone higher than $50 and I'm glad I got it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, okay...$50 sounds legit to me, then...certainly very scarce.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah... to be honest, I'm not sure whether or not I'm really heading into the direction of collecting first appearances of all King short fiction but I'd like to get as many of the published stories as I can and this one isn't generally available, so...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 388 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast